How do you watch the Lakers if you pulled the plug?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: How do you watch the Lakers if you pulled the plug?

Had enough of twc and cancelled my service. I'm trying out PlayStation VUe but there's no lakers channel. How do you guys that cut the cord on cable watch the games ??
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Hunt for streams on reddit
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

Is that the best option ?
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

firstrow works well too
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Any friends or relatives have a cable subscription that includes Spectrum Sportsnet? You can use their login info to stream the channel live online. It's HD quality and a consistent stream, provided you have a speedy Internet connection.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Any friends or relatives have a cable subscription that includes Spectrum Sportsnet? You can use their login info to stream the channel live online. It's HD quality and a consistent stream, provided you have a speedy Internet connection.

When I am away from my home wifi the TWC app limits the channels that I can view, and Sportsnet is not one of them. So if I am camping I can't get the games.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

When I am away from my home wifi the TWC app limits the channels that I can view, and Sportsnet is not one of them. So if I am camping I can't get the games.

Interesting. Have you tried going directly to the Spectrum Sportsnet website to stream it? That's what I do, and it doesn't seem to have a limitation based on location.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

If you go to the game threads on https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/ you'll find posts with streams very easily. Usually there is one called Duck streams which is pretty reliable.

If not try here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/

Finally, if you're a Verizon Wireless costumer with a certain plan (Large or higher) you get League Pass for free to watch on the Go90 App on your phone.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/stream-pass/?_requestid=258922
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Yeah. I think you have to download the separate Spectrum SportsNet app.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Thx guys. I'll check out the threads for the links
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

If you go on the Spectrum Sportsnet website, you can watch the channel live with a login to one of the supported TV providers. I asked my parents for their login info and they obliged. The feed is generally much better than what you find on firstrow or other streaming sites.

Now, obviously this only works if you have very generous family members or friends

edit: Someone else already suggested this haha. Note that this works for pretty much any other channel you can think of as well, so it may be a bit much to ask considering you'd be getting their entire TV package for free. Especially if you have a device like apple TV.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you watch the Lakers if you pulled the plug?

KobeDunk wrote:
Had enough of twc and cancelled my service. I'm trying out PlayStation VUe but there's no lakers channel. How do you guys that cut the cord on cable watch the games ??

I pulled the plug 2 years ago and watch every game. NBA streams on reddit, there is almost always a good stream or two. You don't get to hear the commentary something and many times it's an out of market, but less commercials and free.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Theres usually 1 Laker game each week either on ESPN, TNT or ABC. ESPN and TNT are basic channels on the Playstation Vue. TNT expanded their NBA coverage from just Thursdays to include games on Monday now. ESPN has games on Wednesday and Friday. ABC has games on Saturday as well as a Sunday game. If you have NBA TV on the Playstation Vue they have the Tuesday games along with other games scattered throughout the week. So while you may not get to see more than 1 Laker game a week there is more than enough NBA games to get your fix.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you watch the Lakers if you pulled the plug?

KobeDunk wrote:

I know you can get League Pass, and there are ways to set it up as if your in another city outside LA Metro, so Lakers games are not blacked out, but I am not the person that knows how to do it. I have known a few people that get their Magic games that way, and they live inside the city limits of Orlando.

Honestly, I would just go to the Reddit NBA Streams....there are always several in the Lakers game....might have to try 1 or 2 different streams, but I always find one that is HD crystal clear. This is the first year I didnt even buy league pass because the reddit streams are so high quality and easy to use....but you will be on small delay.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Firstrow literally works every time w/o fail. Just use that if you're going to illegally stream haha
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Cut the cord a few years back and have been checking Reddit's nbastreams for links. Streams are often lagged so when posting in game threads, just remember your reaction to your "real-time" feed might look a little off when you refresh the thread.

Have no plans to ever plug back into any cable tv packages.
lalakersfan88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Often you guys can stream the lakers live on youtube at www.youtube.com/live and it should be in the sports section. Be aware that these streams are usually someone else streaming it and broadcasting it live, so stream may go down often.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Make sure you have an adblocker btw, if you sue streams on /r/lakers or /r/nbastreams

I also have flash disabled by default.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

firstrow works well too

Reddit /r/nbastreams are light years better. Highly suggest trying it out .
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you watch the Lakers if you pulled the plug?

KobeDunk wrote:

What happened? I can't imagine being without cable. Streaming, buffering, lagging, pixelating, stealing, no replay... no way to live. LOL!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Cut the cord a few years back and have been checking Reddit's nbastreams for links. Streams are often lagged so when posting in game threads, just remember your reaction to your "real-time" feed might look a little off when you refresh the thread.

Have no plans to ever plug back into any cable tv packages.

Yeah, I notice the same thing on the TWC website as well. The TWC online stream of their broadcast is delayed by around 15-20 seconds. When I have it streamed concurrently with the TV, it's usually about a play or two behind.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you watch the Lakers if you pulled the plug?

Runway8 wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

What happened? I can't imagine being without cable. Streaming, buffering, lagging, pixelating, stealing, no replay... no way to live. LOL!

Never had those issues with the streams I find on reddit. They've come a long way.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you watch the Lakers if you pulled the plug?

Runway8 wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

The new streams often have none of that, provided your internet is good enough.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Actually I just reconsidered and maybe I shouldn't post this on the main, but I did just discover a work-around recently.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

And in answer to the OP there are good streams on Reddit but my main source when I'm away from home is Hehe
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: