Larry B

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Larry B

NBA snuck that onto their site in Dec. There's some of the standard retread and collage there, but I like some of the highlight footage, some of it's not sh you've seen 8000 times. His game wuz.....NOOOOYCE. Difference between him and others who are usually compared to him is the grip on fundamental skills that he had from the outset. The dude had that stuff in college, frankly. He spent 5 years there. He's lauded for his IQ and his lunchpail grit etc, for which he should be, but he was a crafty, clever player with the head and body fakes as you can clearly see. He was able to create separation by knowing how to position himself under the rim, contort his body, use the left hand to shoot, to find a teammate quickly so he could pass to him and reset himself for better position for the return pass, on and on. He was great at passing at all levels of his body (high up, chest, and at his shins). Most players, even many good passers, don't have the creative facilities that Larry did. Honestly, I think those MVPs from 84-86 were justified. Magic was at his MVP prime towards the end of his career. I think it worked out as it shoulda.

Anyway, you blokes got anything to add about Larry Legend? Who actually wants to posit the claim that he wouldn't be effective today? How do you think he'd rate among the top 10 players in today's game? How would you rank him among others? Stuff like that. Gimme, gimme....

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

I wish the Pacers hired someone else as President of the team. I really think the Pacers are maxed out with Larry there.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

during the spurs game, they were going on about how lebron is a better passer than larry. there you go, chew on that.

more...
why is magic known primarily as a passer, and larry known primarily as a scorer? larry and magic passed the ball in remarkably similar ways. which superstar after the 80s was a demonstrable better passer than larry?
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
during the spurs game, they were going on about how lebron is a better passer than larry. there you go, chew on that.

more...
why is magic known primarily as a passer, and larry known primarily as a scorer? larry and magic passed the ball in remarkably similar ways. which superstar after the 80s was a demonstrable better passer than larry?

Lol
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

ClemensBriels wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

more...

Lol

lolol
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

The NBA has some of the best mixtapes out there.

Here's NVE's

They probably stole all your footage NPZ.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Here's NVE's

I have a game or two of those plays, but they were legit sourced. I got a recap of that at GS 97 gm at 1:04, probably others as well. It's all the other scumbaygs that try to rip off stuff from an already AB-SO-LUTELY PERFECT! video of mine. But I digress. I went to a game at The Forum in 1999(*) where Nick got his career high of 41 or so (he was with Denver). Rodman played that night. They were miserable last min seats at the very top of the building. It was the only trek out there to a game that I remember being a pain in the ass. They were selling authentic NBA produced 73 jerseys all over the place. A friend of mine who is a jersey seller/expert (could be on Pawn Stars) tells me those are rare now.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Here's NVE's

I have a game or two of those plays, but they were legit sourced. I got a recap of that at GS 97 gm at 1:04, probably others as well. It's all the other scumbaygs that try to rip off stuff from an already AB-SO-LUTELY PERFECT! video of mine. But I digress. I went to a game at The Forum in 1999(*) where Nick got his career high of 41 or so (he was with Denver). Rodman played that night. They were miserable last min seats at the very top of the building. It was the only trek out there to a game that I remember being a pain in the ass. They were selling authentic NBA produced 73 jerseys all over the place. A friend of mine who is a jersey seller/expert (could be on Pawn Stars) tells me those are rare now.

hey you just reminded me! when you going to put up that hornets vs laker game?!!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

I don't think he could have gotten away at playing SF in today's game -- he' be a top-flight stretch 4. I think he'd have to quicken his J tho; it's a bit too slow. Why it would still work though is he'd be able to attack any close-out and either take it to the hole, pop for a mid-range J, or dish any-pass to any player for an easy shot.

Tough to compare him to anybody today. He's too unique and had too much of that "it" factor to find a fair analogue.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I wish the Pacers hired someone else as President of the team. I really think the Pacers are maxed out with Larry there.

I'm amazed that they are in the playoff race, above the Hornets. They looked horrible against the Lakers.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I'm amazed that they are in the playoff race, above the Hornets. They looked horrible against the Lakers.

Well the East is that bad but its all for naught when LeBron sleepwalks to another NBA Finals appearance.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: