Lebron calls the Cavs top heavy.. need more talent to repeat
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dxfactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Lebron calls the Cavs top heavy.. need more talent to repeat

I don't know about you guys, but this right here is why I do not understand how Lebron is being mentioned in the same breath with Jordan. He already is playing with 2 all stars and the Cavs just added one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA and also a former all star, yet he does not think they have enough to repeat? Calling the team "top heavy" is completely diminishing the value of the exceptional teammates who go to battle with you every game. What sort of leadership is that? If Kobe ever did this, the press would have found every reason to dog him. I remember how much flak the press gave Kobe when he was angling for Bynum to be traded for Jason Kidd. This was when the Lakers were barely an 8 seed in the loaded West. Kobe got 1 legit piece (Gasol) added and they made the finals. This guy is playing with a loaded team, yet he feels he needs more talent.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/25/blogtable-what-kind-playmaker-do-cavs-need-lebron-james
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

hilarious. he has 2 other all-stars playing with him in the EAST. you know, the conference that is a joke, no matter what ESPN/NBA try to put out about the celtics, hawks or raptors being some great threat to the cavs.

what more does he want? to form his "super friends" CP3 and Wade/Melo?

Maybe then he'd be happy. Freaking baby.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
hilarious. he has 2 other all-stars playing with him in the EAST. you know, the conference that is a joke, no matter what ESPN/NBA try to put out about the celtics, hawks or raptors being some great threat to the cavs.

He's pushing the buttons of his teammates. He does this every year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

He's pushing the buttons of his teammates. He does this every year.

EVERY year. Around this same time of the season. Like clockwork.

TBH his full quote was pretty damn funny tho lol
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

its a funny comment because he's the most top heavy one of the bunch. His teammates carrying him, not the other way around. He is such a tool. His teammates make most of the big plays, his only role is to make very simple passes to them. he gets bailed by the refs for everything. really annoying.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
its a funny comment because he's the most top heavy one of the bunch. His teammates carrying him, not the other way around. He is such a tool. His teammates make most of the big plays, his only role is to make very simple passes to them. he gets bailed by the refs for everything. really annoying.

It's a miracle LeBron James even gets playing time ammirite?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

One of the most asinine things I've ever heard followed by one of the truest things I've ever heard. Not sure what to think of this post.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Lebron calls the Cavs top heavy.. need more talent to repeat

dxfactor wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but this right here is why I do not understand how Lebron is being mentioned in the same breath with Jordan. He already is playing with 2 all stars and the Cavs just added one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA and also a former all star, yet he does not think they have enough to repeat? Calling the team "top heavy" is completely diminishing the value of the exceptional teammates who go to battle with you every game. What sort of leadership is that? If Kobe ever did this, the press would have found every reason to dog him. I remember how much flak the press gave Kobe when he was angling for Bynum to be traded for Jason Kidd. This was when the Lakers were barely an 8 seed in the loaded West. Kobe got 1 legit piece (Gasol) added and they made the finals. This guy is playing with a loaded team, yet he feels he needs more talent.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/25/blogtable-what-kind-playmaker-do-cavs-need-lebron-james

You're missing the point. He's not asking for more stars. He's asking for a deeper bench because of the injuries to Smith, Anderson, and some other guys.

They need a backup point guard who can spell Irving so he doesn't have to play 42 minutes a game, and a backup center to provide some length behind Tristan.

He's not calling for a Chris Paul; he's calling for a Jarrett Jack.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

and now he has kyrie to take over in the clutch. and when the cavs win, it's all lebron. yeah he calls his teammates "all-stars" and gives them some credit, but he still wants to take all the credit in bringing a title back to the cavs.

hopefully the warriors or spurs don't choke in the finals vs the Cavs (since they are a lock to make it to the finals, because the East is so powerful) and take care of business.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Love sort of sucks though. I don't consider him a real All-Star-- his stats are completely empty.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

he sucks in that system. he would have been traded had the warriors not collapsed.

but lebron is still playing with 2 other all-stars the way i see it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Kevin Love sort of sucks though. I don't consider him a real All-Star-- his stats are completely empty.

Love doesn't by any stretch suck. The problem with Love is (1) defense and (2) he doesn't play as well in big games or against Golden State and San Antonio. He's having a good season, but if you're Cleveland you question if you can count on him when it matters. That's why he'll always be in trade rumors.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

lebron's stats are far more empty than love's. love has to do way more for his numbers than lebron. and then somehow lebron gets the credit for it, while love is considered "empty stats" lol.

you wanna talk about not playing well vs san antonio. lebron. did you see him the last game. 90% of the nba can do better. flopping, turnovers, getting ALL the calls, whining, his teammates carrying everything for him. he gets shut down by EVERYONE on the spurs. not just kawhi. old ginobli will shut him down. it doesnt matter. if he cant just bull rush you and get the call, he has nothing.

just doing my duty, folks.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
lebron's stats are far more empty than love's. love has to do way more for his numbers than lebron. and then somehow lebron gets the credit for it, while love is considered "empty stats" lol.

you wanna talk about not playing well vs san antonio. lebron. did you see him the last game. 90% of the nba can do better. flopping, turnovers, getting ALL the calls, whining, his teammates carrying everything for him. he gets shut down by EVERYONE on the spurs. not just kawhi. old ginobli will shut him down. it doesnt matter. if he cant just bull rush you and get the call, he has nothing.

Dude, you sound like Trump complaining about election fraud. At one point it was amusing; now it just makes me feel embarrassed for you.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

I've always thought Love was overrated. Didn't like him that much when he was at UCLA. I thought Cleveland made a mistake trading Wiggins for him. Wiggins is ballin.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

I agree with Superboy.

LeBron's last game against San Antonio:

29 points (11-16 FG, 2-5 3PT)
7 Assists
6 Rebounds
2 Steals

Absolutely SHUT DOWN.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

I agree with Superboy.

7 Assists
6 Rebounds
2 Steals

Absolutely SHUT DOWN.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

I agree with Superboy.

7 Assists
6 Rebounds
2 Steals

Absolutely SHUT DOWN.

LINK

did you watch the game?

Here are some more numbers for the Lebronground fans here...
lebron filled up the box score with his high level of play. somehow, all the cavs starters had a positive +/-.. Oh wait, all of them except for lebron. because his teammates arent doing enough for him, lol. of course, not watching the games and only focusing on numbers...im sure you can explain how this happened.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

if it was kobe, the media would be slaughtering him about how he's not getting love involved in the finals, etc. but it's lebron, so people (the media) automatically give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume guys like bosh or love stunk and couldn't handle playing with lebron.
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Superboy compared LeBron to Jason (bleep) Williams lmao
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I've always thought Love was overrated. Didn't like him that much when he was at UCLA. I thought Cleveland made a mistake trading Wiggins for him. Wiggins is ballin.

Especially since they could have just signed Love (or another max player like Aldridge) the next season anyway and kept Wiggins.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

ClemensBriels wrote:
Superboy compared LeBron to Jason (bleep) Williams lmao

If nobody had ever compared LeBron to Kobe he wouldnt be like this. But someone did and ruined his life. Truly tragic.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

I agree with Superboy.

7 Assists
6 Rebounds
2 Steals

Absolutely SHUT DOWN.

LINK

did you watch the game?

Here are some more numbers for the Lebronground fans here...
lebron filled up the box score with his high level of play. somehow, all the cavs starters had a positive +/-.. Oh wait, all of them except for lebron. because his teammates arent doing enough for him, lol. of course, not watching the games and only focusing on numbers...im sure you can explain how this happened.

Man you want to talk about teammates carrying a slacker, how about how Kyle Anderson put Kawhi Leonard on his back in that game?

Kawhi Leonard:
41 pts
6 Reb
6 last
+3

YUCK!

Kyle Anderson:
2 pts
4 Reb
1 ast
+19

Us scholars know that plus/minus is all that matters. Just wondering when the Spurs will get wise, dump Kawhi and start building around our man Kyle.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

well, gotta keep up with the Joneses... GS got KD... Cavs, I think LeBron wants CP3 next to Kyrie
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
if it was kobe, the media would be slaughtering him about how he's not getting love involved in the finals, etc. but it's lebron, so people (the media) automatically give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume guys like bosh or love stunk and couldn't handle playing with lebron.

The media compared Kobe to MJ whenever possible and voted him to however many defensive teams he didn't deserve, quit crying
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11
Jump to: