Lebron calls the Cavs top heavy.. need more talent to repeat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
boy there seems to be a lot of lebron defenders here.
if you listen to what was actually said, barkely is being very fair and reasonable, lebron is being very personal and kind of mean. barkely even clarifies what he was trying to say, and its not at all offensive, disrespectful, or anything. everyone makes fun of barkely, thats his personality.

but thats not his only point, barkely has also said recently about how there is no clear cut star in the league now, something along those lines. and he is right. lebron is trying to be the sole MJ, and its not working. hes not good enough. this is the root of the outrage. and i think we will see more of this.

Doesn't your entire schtick require that anyone who is beyond incapable automatically looks like a LeBron defender ... ? Is that lost on you? It's been reported over and over and over again that LeBron's torrent was about much more than Barkley's recent comments in response to LeBron's media soundbites.

Besides, you literally argue that the 12th man on the Phoenix Suns is better than LeBron ... isn't the only response ANYONE might have (at least any functioning adult who is sincere in their reasons for being here) going to sound like a LeBron defender to anyone in your camp?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Lebron should be glad Chuck didn't bring up any mom jokes....
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
if you listen to what was actually said, barkely is being very fair and reasonable, lebron is being very personal and kind of mean. barkely even clarifies what he was trying to say, and its not at all offensive, disrespectful, or anything. everyone makes fun of barkely, thats his personality.

but thats not his only point, barkely has also said recently about how there is no clear cut star in the league now, something along those lines. and he is right. lebron is trying to be the sole MJ, and its not working. hes not good enough. this is the root of the outrage. and i think we will see more of this.

Doesn't your entire schtick require that anyone who is beyond incapable automatically looks like a LeBron defender ... ? Is that lost on you? It's been reported over and over and over again that LeBron's torrent was about much more than Barkley's recent comments in response to LeBron's media soundbites.

Besides, you literally argue that the 12th man on the Phoenix Suns is better than LeBron ... isn't the only response ANYONE might have (at least any functioning adult who is sincere in their reasons for being here) going to sound like a LeBron defender to anyone in your camp?

Barkley has always struck me as a "everything was better in my day" type of guy. He certainly entertaining, if you're in the mood for his schtick, but he's not exactly The Brightest Bulb in the room.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
danzag wrote:
LeBron greater than Magic Is this a freaking joke?

Athletes get better over time and Magic was dominating the league over 25 years ago. One of the reasons people will even rank Lebron #1 is he dominates a league that's tougher than even the league MJ dominated.

However I do remember an old, fat Magic who hadn't played in years looking really good in 96.

tougher? hell no. the 90s had tougher players and rules were tougher too on superstar guards. Under the 90s rules, those Pacer/Knick teams would have beaten Lebron multiple times in the playoffs. only tough team lebron has played in the playoffs was the pistons one year and celtics for 2 years.

Which 90's rules? The illegal defense rule? Wouldn't that make it easier for Lebron to dominate? In some of those years the 3-pt line was also closer. The only major star those Pacer/Knick teams had was Patrick Ewing which is one reason they never won. Was Reggie Miller ever a top 5 player in the league?

One thing that shouldn't be overlooked is as time passes, athletes get more players to study from and better coaching to learn from. Kobe has been accused of stealing his moves from MJ. I'm sure he did "steal" those moves, and that's smart IMO. But if Kobe had played in the early 80's or in the 70's, he wouldn't have been able to "steal" those moves, and would he have been as great of a player? I doubt it.

Coaches also get more people to learn from, whether they are head coaches or assistants. Some of the excitement with Luke Walton coaching the team was because of the idea that he would be more with the times than Byron Scott was.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Barkley has always struck me as a "everything was better in my day" type of guy. He certainly entertaining, if you're in the mood for his schtick, but he's not exactly The Brightest Bulb in the room.

Barkley is sort of like SAS. If he says what you already thought, it's important. If he says the opposite, he's a loudmouth fool.

Having said that, Lebron's response to him was foolish.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Why do people even talk to that poster? I think it's easier to believe he is secretly a Lebron fan than it is to believe some of the nonsense he says like "Lebron is an average player." Maybe he is secretly a Lebron fan who showed up to a Laker forum, and constantly criticized Lebron so he could make some Laker fans say positive things about Lebron. Hey if we're going to be ridiculous, then why not?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Barkley is sort of like SAS. If he says what you already thought, it's important. If he says the opposite, he's a loudmouth fool.

Having said that, Lebron's response to him was foolish.

It seems that is the way most NBA fans respond to any quotes from analysts or former greats. They only matter if the analyst or great is saying something the fan already believes.

Yeah, LeBron was kind of dumb to mix up in this trivial stuff. But it gave basketball writers something to write about for a couple of days and fans something to Yammer about for a couple of days
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Why do people even talk to that poster? I think it's easier to believe he is secretly a Lebron fan than it is to believe some of the nonsense he says like "Lebron is an average player." Maybe he is secretly a Lebron fan who showed up to a Laker forum, and constantly criticized Lebron so he could make some Laker fans say positive things about Lebron. Hey if we're going to be ridiculous, then why not?

People like to respond to stupid and silly comments. It's the shooting ducks in a barrel syndrome. You can have a discussion, type away furiously, and not Tire your brain out with any actual thinking
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

People like to respond to stupid and silly comments. It's the shooting ducks in a barrel syndrome. You can have a discussion, type away furiously, and not Tire your brain out with any actual thinking

95% of the time, the default involves rolling my eyes and disregarding the latest nonsense thrown against the wall. But 5% of the time, I'm like, "OK, enough with this (bleep) that the problem here is 'LeBron defenders' and their crazy ideas that he's anything more than a glorified role player" ...

At least that's my theory for my own engagement ...
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

If I say any more I'll be banned, but you guys just go nuts anytime there is a criticism of lebron. I dont think there is anything odd about a hardcore laker fan making fun of lebron on a laker forum. You guys are out of place.

And please for the love of god stop calling me stupid and stuff. How are you not banned, i dont get it. I got banned for far less than that. And if anything the only thing i "accused" you of is being a lebron defender, which is not a good or bad thing, it is just what you are doing here right now in this thread.

And this thread is all about this sort of thing, so you cant call my thing a "schtick" when its already a tmz thread about lebron and barkely.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
If I say any more I'll be banned, but you guys just go nuts anytime there is a criticism of lebron. I dont think there is anything odd about a hardcore laker fan making fun of lebron on a laker forum. You guys are out of place.

And please for the love of god stop calling me stupid and stuff. How are you not banned, i dont get it. I got banned for far less than that. And if anything the only thing i "accused" you of is being a lebron defender, which is not a good or bad thing, it is just what you are doing here right now in this thread.

And this thread is all about this sort of thing, so you cant call my thing a "schtick" when its already a tmz thread about lebron and barkely.

Again, when someone takes that type of stance re: LeBron, everything is more rational and everyone is a LeBron defender.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Again, when someone takes that type of stance re: LeBron, everything is more rational and everyone is a LeBron defender.

Oh the powerful, omnipotent le BRON!! Perfect in every way!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

I was the one who spoke about stupid and silly post. I did not mention you in that post.

That said, there's nothing wrong about calling a post silly or stupid. That is simply attacking an idea. Calling a person stupid or silly is a different matter. That is attacking the person.

As I said before, you are obsessed with attacking and defending specific players, most prominently LeBron and Kobe. Personally, there are no players I have an interest in attacking or defending. I challenge or defend ideas on a case-by-case basis. It doesn't really matter to me what players are involved in those debates
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

i only mention it because if i called a "post" stupid or silly i may be a little more harshly dealt with. Otherwise i dont really care.

re obsession. you guys are obsessed with my posting habits, if anything. im on a laker board talking about kobe and lebron. a lot. wtf else is there to do here. to call someone who types a lot of words about kobe and lebron on a laker discussion forum "obsessed" is quite unfair. and again, typical of you and a few others when it comes to me.

also, i have noticed here that any discussion like this devolves into this sort of (bleep) tat, and its you who is starting it (when i say you, i mean the lebron supporters). i for sure did not.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
i only mention it because if i called a "post" stupid or silly i may be a little more harshly dealt with. Otherwise i dont really care.

re obsession. you guys are obsessed with my posting habits, if anything. im on a laker board talking about kobe and lebron. a lot. what the heck else is there to do here. to call someone who types a lot of words about kobe and lebron on a laker discussion forum "obsessed" is quite unfair. and again, typical of you and a few others when it comes to me.

also, i have noticed here that any discussion like this devolves into this sort of (bleep) tat, and its you who is starting it (when i say you, i mean the lebron supporters). i for sure did not.

You're obsessed, in the sense, you interject LeBron and Kobe constantly into discussions even when the discussion has nothing to do with them.

I don't call you or the other posters silly, but I have no trouble labeling many of opinions as silly. You constantly say you think LeBron is an average NBA player, which is simply a silly opinion.

I am not sure you consider a LeBron supporter. I'm not one. I have no emotional attachment to the guy, and don't really care if he fail or succeed. I do think he's a fun basketball player to watch and one of the greatest basketball players of all time on par with Kareem, magic, bird, Kobe, Duncan,shaq and the rest of the guys at the top of the heap. My interpretation is you consider a LeBron supporter anyone who doesn't attack him as you do

That's OK. This board and, in the NBA is simply about having fun and being entertained and that's how are you entertaining yourself.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm with LeBron, "Enough Is Enough." He's been closed lipped, not saying anything when Charles berated him. How will Barkley defend his past indiscretions?

James put Charles on front street. Brawls, throwing a man through a plate glass window, gambling debts, spitting on a child, not being a role model. Bron defended with attack.

How long with the cat fight last? I don't think LeBron has the wherewithal to do battle with Charles. Barkley will say anything, I don't think James will.

The difference is Chuck kept it on the court. James went off the court. Serve Ibaka is available. Maybe the Cavs can scoop him up without touching Irving or Love or James or Shump or Smith or Frye or Jefferson or Thompson. Lol

Kinda agree dough. He could have injected Barkley's ring chase that netted him zero rings. I don't blame him for finally going at Charles. Barkley's been on his case since "The Decision."

That was the old player coming out and saying what they would have done differently. And I have no problem with a free agent going to another squad. Some people may be salty at James about that but if that had happened to anyone's favorite squad, they would have applauded the move.

Chick just happen to come around during his prime the same time that Black Jesus was around. Have no issue with him being ringless. Mike did that to a few legends of the game.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

exactly. Barkely gave an honest effort with two teams and a whole career before doing the superteam thing. he didn't form a superteam in the middle of his career. lebron formed TWO superteams in his prime, in a very different way.

and even that is fine. cant really criticize that. the issue is that he does this, and then he (or his fans) demand that he is also greater and better than guys like Barkely who didnt do that. sorry, cant have both of those things. you cant take the easy way out and then demand that it doesnt affect the subjective quality of the accomplishment.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

re obsession. you guys are obsessed with my posting habits, if anything. im on a laker board talking about kobe and lebron. a lot. what the heck else is there to do here. to call someone who types a lot of words about kobe and lebron on a laker discussion forum "obsessed" is quite unfair. and again, typical of you and a few others when it comes to me.

You're obsessed, in the sense, you interject LeBron and Kobe constantly into discussions even when the discussion has nothing to do with them.

I don't call you or the other posters silly, but I have no trouble labeling many of opinions as silly. You constantly say you think LeBron is an average NBA player, which is simply a silly opinion.

I am not sure you consider a LeBron supporter. I'm not one. I have no emotional attachment to the guy, and don't really care if he fail or succeed. I do think he's a fun basketball player to watch and one of the greatest basketball players of all time on par with Kareem, magic, bird, Kobe, Duncan,shaq and the rest of the guys at the top of the heap. My interpretation is you consider a LeBron supporter anyone who doesn't attack him as you do

That's OK. This board and, in the NBA is simply about having fun and being entertained and that's how are you entertaining yourself.

listen av gtfo out of here with "obsessed" please. you have 20000+ posts and youre calling me obsessed.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

I never liked LeBron, I hated all of the hype about him way back when he was in high school. I used to laugh at all of the LeBron jokes because I didn't want him to do well but after a while it just got old. 15 years later everyone is still just waiting to feast on any slip up or failure.

You are here because you're a huge Kobe fan and that's cool but you seem to hate and minimize anyone who you see as a threat to Kobe's ranking. Barkley has talked all kinds of crap about Kobe over the years but now you're treating him like he's the voice of reason.
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Look no further than the top players in today's game vs the 90's for an indication of how much better the league is.

Bron
Harden
KD
Steph
Kyrie
PG
Kawhi
Giannis
Westbrook
M Gasol
Aldridge
Anthony Davis
Isaiah Thomas
CP3
Blake

(bleep) all over the top 15 players from any year in the 90's. The league is so much stronger top to bottom it's not even close
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

ClemensBriels wrote:
Look no further than the top players in today's game vs the 90's for an indication of how much better the league is.

That's an argument that goes nowhere. It just leads to people puffing up the '90s players and claiming that the modern stars couldn't have cut it back then. We've seen this in reverse in the Kobe vs. MJ threads over the years.
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

... No.
Add Klay, Draymond, Jimmy Butler, Gordon Hayword, John Wall to make it an even 20, and again... (bleep) all over any year in the 90's
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

The NBA may have been more competitive the last 10 years or so than it was in the 90s, but the game was also a lot more physical and a lot slower in the 90s. Lebron would've had a harder time getting into the paint and finishing because of the physicality and the slow pace. Plus, he would've complained about the physicality. Can you imagine him whining about guys like Rodman, Charles Oakley, Karl Malone and Barkley himself?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:

That's an argument that goes nowhere. It just leads to people puffing up the '90s players and claiming that the modern stars couldn't have cut it back then. We've seen this in reverse in the Kobe vs. MJ threads over the years.

True, it will never end, especially with people puffing up different era/style of play with MJ Shaq Hakeem etc.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:

well you cant just generalize something like that for everyone. mj vs kobe is different than lebron vs barkley, or lebron vs mj. yes its a comparison of basketball players, but its not the same.

there are differences. big differences. rules, money, teams. cmon. the past players never talk about kobe the way they do about lebron. very different language, very different descriptions. i mean, even MJ has now talked about it a few times.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11
Jump to: