The New Edition Story

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: The New Edition Story

Anyone else watch it? It's been airing on BET the last few nights. I thought it was really well done. All members of New Edition co-produced the movie so it wasn't like the Temptations movie that was only told from one band members' perspective.

My hats off to the young actors who played the group members both as young boys and as young men. As expected for a movie about New Edition, there was a lot of choreography and the actors looked great doing the dance moves. There was a lot of lip-syncing but they also did some of the vocals.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The New Edition Story

numero-ocho wrote:
Anyone else watch it? It's been airing on BET the last few nights. I thought it was really well done. All members of New Edition co-produced the movie so it wasn't like the Temptations movie that was only told from one band members' perspective.

My hats off to the young actors who played the group members both as young boys and as young men. As expected for a movie about New Edition, there was a lot of choreography and the actors looked great doing the dance moves. There was a lot of lip-syncing but they also did some of the vocals.

I wanted to watch it, but I don't think I have BET
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

I enjoyed it, I am New Edition's age so brought back lots of memories, kinda funny how music jolts the mind and brings back alot of thing you havent thought of in years

I give Ralph Tresvant alot of credit from age 11 he was looking out for the group ahead of himself, I wonder in real life when the other realized his sacrifices.

Also, in another documentary I heard Bobby Brown say that Johnny Gill saved his life, because he was there for him when he hit rock bottom and if not for Johnny he may not be here today
Chillin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
I enjoyed it, I am New Edition's age so brought back lots of memories, kinda funny how music jolts the mind and brings back alot of thing you havent thought of in years

I give Ralph Tresvant alot of credit from age 11 he was looking out for the group ahead of himself, I wonder in real life when the other realized his sacrifices.

Also, in another documentary I heard Bobby Brown say that Johnny Gill saved his life, because he was there for him when he hit rock bottom and if not for Johnny he may not be here today

According to an interview on The Breakfast Club they did not know about it until they were reading over the script together. Jump to 7:51 on the interview to hear BBD talking about when they found out about it.

pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

Chillin wrote:
pmacla wrote:

According to an interview on The Breakfast Club they did not know about it until they were reading over the script together. Jump to 7:51 on the interview to hear BBD talking about when they found out about it.

good stuff, I heard the 6 of them are going back in the studio and are exploring a possible Las Vegas residency, Iam happy for them has to be most talented R&B group of all time
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

Not sure that Ralph was looking our for the group once he hit his late teens. Ralph's ego got the best of him as well. Johnny was brought in to replace Ralph, not Bobby who was already gone.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

New Edition helped back in the days
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: