Joel Embiid is a monster
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27072

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Joel Embiid is a monster

It has become apparent, barring injury, that Embiid is going to be a superstar in this league. He has displayed a high skill level on both ends of the court.
He is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 28504

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Wait until they get Ben Simmons on the court too....Philly is gonna be a scary team. Love that the big man is coming back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 14 Jan 2017
Posts: 80

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Dude is a FREAK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 13642

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I hate that my fav player is a non laker at the moment. Embid has the game, mentality, and charisma to be a mega star
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19767
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I wanted Embiid badly before the draft. Sadly our spot was just too low.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41712
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Philly has a very promising nucleus. When Ben Simmons gets healthy they're going to be a team to be reckoned with. They're going to have to unload either Noel or Okafor. Los Angeles could use either.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27072

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject:

JOEL EMBIID HAS 76ERS EASY TO ROOT FOR, PLAYOFF-BOUND OR NOT


Quote:
The fact that the Sixers kept pace at all with Space City's scoring machine was just the latest piece of proof The Process is proceeding as planned, turning Philly into the feel-good NBA story that these dark times demand.


http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2689691-friday-nba-roundup-joel-embiid-has-76ers-easy-to-root-for-playoff-bound-or-not
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56196
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

He's already a star.

Late last game, he actually rotated out to a 3pt shooter... nearly 20' out. Harden was playing a 1-4 set.

Harden passed to the guy under the bucket.

Embiid recovered and blocked the shot. 76ers got possession.

Dude baited the pass and made the play. That is ridiculous.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 19427

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
He's already a star.

Late last game, he actually rotated out to a 3pt shooter... nearly 20' out. Harden was playing a 1-4 set.

Harden passed to the guy under the bucket.

Embiid recovered and blocked the shot. 76ers got possession.

Dude baited the pass and made the play. That is ridiculous.


I loved that play. He essentially dictated the shot they were going to get; manipulated their offense into an position that he had more control of. Who's going to pass up a seemingly wide open shot under the basket.

A seemingly wide open shot.

He's smart. And confident in his ability.

Love the guy.
_________________
A banana is killed every time a terrible thread or post is made. Save the bananas. Stop creating terrible posts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23071

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

If you guys are into that sort of thing, Embiid is hysterical on twitter. Very self aware.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 15374

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

The guy is like a modern day Sabonis, it's nuts. He's already surpassing what I thought he'd be in his first year even before injuries, let alone after two major foot surgeries. Hopefully he stays healthy, because the kid was born to be a great player, it's obvious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 19722

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
I wanted Embiid badly before the draft. Sadly our spot was just too low.


You and me both. He was easily the #1 prospect that year. I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I was hoping he may fall to 7 with the injury. I wish the Lakers had tanked that year too, I would have preferred any of Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid over Randle, although I was happy they got Randle where they did.
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 10367

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
He's already a star.

Late last game, he actually rotated out to a 3pt shooter... nearly 20' out. Harden was playing a 1-4 set.

Harden passed to the guy under the bucket.

Embiid recovered and blocked the shot. 76ers got possession.

Dude baited the pass and made the play. That is ridiculous.


I loved that play. He essentially dictated the shot they were going to get; manipulated their offense into an position that he had more control of. Who's going to pass up a seemingly wide open shot under the basket.

A seemingly wide open shot.

He's smart. And confident in his ability.

Love the guy.


He had a play earlier in the season that gave me the same impression. He does things on the court that are just stunning to see. I hope he stays healthy.

The play earlier in the season was defensive as well, I believe I was shocked at how much ground he covered and how quickly he did it before a monster block. Having that guy roaming will make anyone think twice about driving to the hoop .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19767
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
I wanted Embiid badly before the draft. Sadly our spot was just too low.


You and me both. He was easily the #1 prospect that year. I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I was hoping he may fall to 7 with the injury. I wish the Lakers had tanked that year too, I would have preferred any of Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid over Randle, although I was happy they got Randle where they did.


Likewise. Randle was the right pick but mainly because actually good players were already drafted and LaVine was too raw. He's a solid player, just not a great one.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2001
Posts: 15704

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Rather surprise Embiid has been this great for being out so long. I am wondering if Embiid>>KAT barring injuries of course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83037

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Bear in mind Embiid is turning 23 in about a month. Further ahead body wise than a 20 year old KAT for example. He really worked on his jumper while out. Amazing.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 28504

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Rather surprise Embiid has been this great for being out so long. I am wondering if Embiid>>KAT barring injuries of course.


He worked on his game in the offseason.....I don't remember seeing him this polished at Kansas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 11275

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
Rather surprise Embiid has been this great for being out so long. I am wondering if Embiid>>KAT barring injuries of course.


He worked on his game in the offseason.....I don't remember seeing him this polished at Kansas.


He wasn't this polished but he drew comparisons to Hakeem Olajuwon, so he wasn't too shabby either
_________________
https://youtu.be/sX7vRertYQs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27072

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

Last week Embiid sat out 3 games nursing a left knee bruise.
He had an impressive return on Friday by scoring 32 points vs the Rockets.
He sat out again on Sunday (rest) vs the Bulls.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15209

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I'll join the hype train once his health is solid.
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 28504

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Last week Embiid sat out 3 games nursing a left knee bruise.
He had an impressive return on Friday by scoring 32 points vs the Rockets.
He sat out again on Sunday (rest) vs the Bulls.


I remember those scary falls he had, 76ers were probably holding their breath on that one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 2790

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

He moves injured. I think he has a short window. They need to trade their youth to take advantage of him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Posts: 6124
Location: Planet Terror

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

I hope he remains healthy, he's a fun player to watch. If Simmons lives up to his potential that team is going to be a force.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83037

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
I hope he remains healthy, he's a fun player to watch. If Simmons lives up to his potential that team is going to be a force.


Going to be interesting to see how that team works spacing wise. Ilaysova has to remain a starter as his shooting has been instrumental to that team. And the guys on that team do not over dribble either.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 19427

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Fracture wrote:
I hope he remains healthy, he's a fun player to watch. If Simmons lives up to his potential that team is going to be a force.


Going to be interesting to see how that team works spacing wise. Ilaysova has to remain a starter as his shooting has been instrumental to that team. And the guys on that team do not over dribble either.


You start with Simmons and Embiid and you go from there. Even if Simmons never learns how to shoot, you have the skeleton of a team that can be dangerous spacing wise.

If I were them, and Simmons shows a lot of promise as expected, I'd try to parlay my other assets into up and coming pieces that fit. With the assets they hold, could they potentially get LaVine or Booker? With Simmons' potential to be the defacto PG, that gives them the ability to go after more scoring oriented guards.
_________________
A banana is killed every time a terrible thread or post is made. Save the bananas. Stop creating terrible posts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB