Harden just had another 50 point triple-double
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Harden just had another 50 point triple-double

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/27/james-harden-posts-another-historic-triple-double

This guy is ridiculous.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

And way more efficient than Westbrick. MVP.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Had OKC kept Harden and Durant they may have been what the Warriors are today.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

But they didn't have to pay luxury taxes.....
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-thunder-vs-warriors-russell-westbrook-james-harden-trade-okc/1tt026yq1lmjj1vh97biyotfwf

Guess this is why some teams will never go to the next level.
Remember all the praise back in the day that Sam Presti got for drafting such a nice young core. Now whenever I think of him as a GM, I think of a guy who won the lottery and still managed to go broke.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-thunder-vs-warriors-russell-westbrook-james-harden-trade-okc/1tt026yq1lmjj1vh97biyotfwf

Remember all the praise back in the day that Sam Presti got for drafting such a nice young core. Now whenever I think of him as a GM, I think of a guy who won the lottery and still managed to go broke.

The other side of the argument is, when you look at how Harden is playing these days, would he have been content with coming off the bench? If they moved him to the starting lineup, how would he, Westbrook and Durant share the ball, especially when Westbrook and Durant allegedly had enough problems with that already?

If anything, it seems like OKC got almost nothing of value in return for Harden.
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The other side of the argument is, when you look at how Harden is playing these days, would he have been content with coming off the bench? If they moved him to the starting lineup, how would he, Westbrook and Durant share the ball, especially when Westbrook and Durant allegedly had enough problems with that already?

If anything, it seems like OKC got almost nothing of value in return for Harden.

Man Harden/Durant would be insane.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Harden was fine coming off the bench. He didn't want to leave. He just wanted his money. He even agreed to their number if they included a trade kicker, but they wouldn't.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Gained: Steven Adams
Lost: Harden and Durant....
Nice going OKC...
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Dunno how much you can blame him. The "no lux tax" thing had to be a decree from the owner, you would think.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Dunno how much you can blame him. The "no lux tax" thing had to be a decree from the owner, you would think.

Same situation that left the Suns never being able to advance to the next level....why suddenly count pennies when you are so close to contending for a championship. These small market owners are their own worst enemy and they keep on blaming the big market teams.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Same situation that left the Suns never being able to advance to the next level....why suddenly count pennies when you are so close to contending for a championship. These small market owners are their own worst enemy and they keep on blaming the big market teams.

That's what made the league so down on Jerry Buss. He spent first. Came out of his pocket to field a winner.

Like Kareem made the NCAA change the dunk rule, Jerry made the NBA change the salary structure.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That's what made the league so down on Jerry Buss. He spent first. Came out of his pocket to field a winner.

Like Kareem made the NCAA change the dunk rule, Jerry made the NBA change the salary structure.

Yeah he did, and if OKC had just played by the rules Buss had pioneered, and paid Harden, and kept Durant....wow! I don't know if a trio of Westbrook, Harden & Durant would have gelled, but the talent would have rivaled anybody's.

Pesti was either under the mandate of ownership, or cheap, or both, either way if winning is the name of the game, they chose economics over winning. Glad they did.
MorrissYe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Remember when Bron thought he got his 50pt trip-dub in MSG, only for the NBA to rescind one rebound the next day? He and his crew must've whined about it until the end of the season. Yet here we are, with a good 1/3 of this season to go, with Harden already completing two 50pt trip-dubs. Phenomenal year he's having and it's a testament to how high his and Westbrook's level that the MVP is still up for grabs.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I wasnt aware of this! Can you tell me a little more about that situation? THanks! faschinating
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah he did, and if OKC had just played by the rules Buss had pioneered, and paid Harden, and kept Durant....wow! I don't know if a trio of Westbrook, Harden & Durant would have gelled, but the talent would have rivaled anybody's.

Pesti was either under the mandate of ownership, or cheap, or both, either way if winning is the name of the game, they chose economics over winning. Glad they did.

Don't forget that they also had Ibaka, Jeff Green, and Reggie Jackson. They also originally drafted Bledsoe before trading him to the Clippers. Imagine if they had all of those players on the same team.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

MorrissYe wrote:
Remember when Bron thought he got his 50pt trip-dub in MSG, only for the NBA to rescind one rebound the next day? He and his crew must've whined about it until the end of the season. Yet here we are, with a good 1/3 of this season to go, with Harden already completing two 50pt trip-dubs. Phenomenal year he's having and it's a testament to how high his and Westbrook's level that the MVP is still up for grabs.

... I don't think he gives a flying (bleep) about triple doubles lmao. If he did he wouldn't have so many near triple doubles. But carry on with that bs.
MorrissYe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

ClemensBriels wrote:
MorrissYe wrote:

... I don't think he gives a flying (bleep) about triple doubles lmao. If he did he wouldn't have so many near triple doubles. But carry on with that bs.

Except it really did happen. The guy really did air his grievance on getting his 50pt trip-dub downgraded. He literally has official merch with 'check my stats' on it, so yeah, safe to say he does care for triple doubles. FWIW I wasn't really taking shots at him, more pointing out how this rare feat was achieved by The Beard twice in 2/3 of a season. But go ahead carry on with your butthurt.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Barring a meltdown for Houston, Harden should handily win MVP
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

MorrissYe wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:
MorrissYe wrote:

Except it really did happen. The guy really did air his grievance on getting his 50pt trip-dub downgraded. He literally has official merch with 'check my stats' on it, so yeah, safe to say he does care for triple doubles. FWIW I wasn't really taking shots at him, more pointing out how this rare feat was achieved by The Beard twice in 2/3 of a season. But go ahead carry on with your butthurt.

Except that he didn't.

James publicly maintains he does not care about numbers, saying Wednesday, "I don't go out there for the numbers; I just play my game."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/02/nba_takes_away_lebron_james_tr.html

If he cared so much about triple doubles he wouldn't have hundreds of near triple doubles. Triple doubles are a stat for casuals. Round numbers bamboozle the masses.
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Barring a meltdown for Houston, Harden should handily win MVP

I'm actually a huge fan of his. I'd LOVE to see him not get snubbed but after putting up numbers nobody has before while not making 1st team all NBA, let alone not even making the 2nd or 3rd team last year, it makes me wonder if he'll get his due diligence.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

ClemensBriels wrote:
MorrissYe wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:
MorrissYe wrote:

Except that he didn't.

James publicly maintains he does not care about numbers, saying Wednesday, "I don't go out there for the numbers; I just play my game."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/02/nba_takes_away_lebron_james_tr.html

If he cared so much about triple doubles he wouldn't have hundreds of near triple doubles. Triple doubles are a stat for casuals. Round numbers bamboozle the masses.

Lebron is basically lying there...not really lying, but being politically correct, like most athletes would with a camera. But its not true, like, at all. Lebron is the pioneer of how to play for stats. All these guys learned it from him.

It is for this reason i am NOT a fan of Harden, but I do think he is more talented than Lebron. both of them are cringe worthy when it matters.
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:
MorrissYe wrote:
ClemensBriels wrote:
MorrissYe wrote:

Except that he didn't.

Lebron is basically lying there...not really lying, but being politically correct, like most athletes would with a camera. But its not true, like, at all. Lebron is the pioneer of how to play for stats. All these guys learned it from him.

It is for this reason i am NOT a fan of Harden, but I do think he is more talented than Lebron. both of them are cringe worthy when it matters.

dxfactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

LeBron plays with empty stats. I have never seen a "superstar" get bailed out so often by his teammates late in games. This is exactly why he keeps whining about not having enough talent on his team despite being a defending NBA champ. One of the reasons Kobe, MJ, Dirk, Melo, KD, etc are so good in the clutch is, they actually believe the ball belongs in their hands late in the game. They always look/ed to score first. Lebron's body language shows me he is a little too willing to pass the ball to someone else to take the pressure off of himself. I would be okay with this if he didn't so blatantly take credit for his team's success when they do win. Plus calling his team "top heavy" is absolutely disrespectful to his teammates.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

dxfactor wrote:
LeBron plays with empty stats. I have never seen a "superstar" get bailed out so often by his teammates late in games. This is exactly why he keeps whining about not having enough talent on his team despite being a defending NBA champ. One of the reasons Kobe, MJ, Dirk, Melo, KD, etc are so good in the clutch is, they actually believe the ball belongs in their hands late in the game. They always look/ed to score first. Lebron's body language shows me he is a little too willing to pass the ball to someone else to take the pressure off of himself. I would be okay with this if he didn't so blatantly take credit for his team's success when they do win. Plus calling his team "top heavy" is absolutely disrespectful to his teammates.

Melo and KD are clutch?

ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

3 rings
3 finals MVPs
The best individual finals performance in NBA history
6 finals in a row with 2 different teams
Empty stats
People are (bleep) stunted lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: