trade idea: Garnett and Troy H. for Slava, D. George, Odom, Ronny T and Miami 1st rounder
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: trade idea: Garnett and Troy H. for Slava, D. George, Odom, Ronny T and Miami 1st rounder

I know guys. You are all probably thinking "here we go again". I realize this Garnett topic has been discussed numerous times here, but I want to discuss it once again. And please, its just discussion so don't jump down my throat as some of you are prone to do.

This is what I think. I think KG is fed up and believes he will never get a ring in Minny. I also believe the T-Wolves are coming to the realization that they are never going to win an NBA titile with their current make-up, so its time to strip the team down and re-build. Therefore, I think that we can offer them a nice package to help them begin their rebuilding process by offering them Slava and D. George's expiring contracts, LO, Ronny T and the Miami 1st rounder for KG and T. Hudson. Now I know LO has a big contract but its not nearly as large as KG's. In addition, LO is 26 and has not even entered his prime. Now I dont know if the salaries match and it also does not have to be Hudson. What I do know is the 2007 plan or 2008 plan (whatever it is) is not going to work in my opinion. Taking a paycut just to go to another team is not something that most players would not do. After all, we are talking about several million dollars here folks.

So lets scrap the plan and go for this trade. The question is: would the t-wolves go for it? Another question is: Would Mitch be offering too much?
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

The T-wolves would hang up....any conversations would begin with (assuming they don't ask for kobe) lamar and bynum, even that wouldn't be enough. And to Laker management that is too much, so its an impasse
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:

ban
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:

here we go again

insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
ban

Does your sig have anything to do with the Miami Hurricanes rap song?
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

Isn't Hudson injured? How about Jaric instead?
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

angel wrote:
Isn't Hudson injured? How about Jaric instead?

Fine
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
ban

Does your sig have anything to do with the Miami Hurricanes rap song?

yep
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:

I think Jaric would be a good fit as a big guard in the triangle. The T-Wolves are said to be shopping him too. The main thing is getting KG. As it is Cook is killing teams when he gets open looks. Imagine the open looks he would get with Kobe and KG on the floor at the same time.
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
I think Jaric would be a good fit as a big guard in the triangle. The T-Wolves are said to be shopping him too. The main thing is getting KG. As it is Cook is killing teams when he gets open looks. Imagine the open looks he would get with Kobe and KG on the floor at the same time.

Agreed. They would be a tough team to beat.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
So lets scrap the plan and go for this trade. The question is: would the t-wolves go for it? Another question is: Would Mitch be offering too much?

Let's rephase your trade proposal. A lot of people probably quit reading after seeing that the first name in the list was Slava. You are proposing:

Lakers get Kevin Garnett and Troy Hudson.

Timberwolves get Lamar Odom, Devean George, Slava's expiring contract, a speculative rookie (Turiaf), and a late first round draft pick.

When you put it that way, it sounds a lot less silly than Garnett for Slava.

If Garnett demanded a trade, the Timberwolves would consider this. However, they would almost certainly get better offers from other teams. We would have to add Bynum to the mix to get the Timberwolves to take this sort of package seriously.

Don't forget that Garnett turns 30 this year. Most big men start declining around age 32. There is a lot of mileage on Garnett, and he could start declining earlier, as appears to be the case with Duncan. If we have to put Bynum into the mix, this becomes a risky trade.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Garnett would never be traded to this team without us shipping Bynum and Odom. Plain and simple. I swear, sometimes people on this board act like we're the only team in the NBA other teams can trade with. Like no team could top the "Slava, Luke, George, and Miami's 1st rounder..." line that LG posters start EVERY trade idea with. Can we please ban these self-delusion and idiotic posts?
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Will people ever learn?
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

NB4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Garnett would never be traded to this team without us shipping Bynum and Odom. Plain and simple. I swear, sometimes people on this board act like we're the only team in the NBA other teams can trade with. Like no team could top the "Slava, Luke, George, and Miami's 1st rounder..." line that LG posters start EVERY trade idea with. Can we please ban these self-delusion and idiotic posts?

You are right. It would be idiotic if that is the trade I proposed. If you read my post again, you will see that LO is part of the trade. You should be carefull b4 you make comments like that.
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Can we ban these guys who like to get high and then come on lakersground and post delusional trade ideas?
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

mike_kb wrote:
Will people ever learn?

Re-read post.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

my post was intended to read as Odom AND Bynum, not just one or the other. There's no way we get Garnett without giving up Bynum. The wolves aren't gonna give up one of the top 3 players in the NBA for Odom and garbage. Use your brain.
EightIsGreat
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

have you guys heard anything about a trade for kg to golden state? one of my friends keeps insisting its going to happen but i haven't heard anything. he told me they're giving up pietrus, troy murphy, i think some trade exception worth x amount and maybe something else. the thing is though that he said that it does not include jason richardson or baron davis. why would minnesota do this? they would lose their only post presence and they get a big that's a shooter and doesn't really play with his back to the basket. not to mention obviously pietrus is not a shooter. i told him that does not make sense but he keeps insisting that they're talking about it on the warriors board. just wanted to know if any of you knew anything about it
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
my post was intended to read as Odom AND Bynum, not just one or the other. There's no way we get Garnett without giving up Bynum. The wolves aren't gonna give up one of the top 3 players in the NBA for Odom and garbage. Use your brain.

Hey anything is possible; especially if KG demanded to be traded to LA. But instead of saying things like "use your brain," just say you dont think its a good idea. Its much less confrontational.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

EightIsGreat wrote:
have you guys heard anything about a trade for kg to golden state? one of my friends keeps insisting its going to happen but i haven't heard anything. he told me they're giving up pietrus, troy murphy, i think some trade exception worth x amount and maybe something else. the thing is though that he said that it does not include jason richardson or baron davis. why would minnesota do this? they would lose their only post presence and they get a big that's a shooter and doesn't really play with his back to the basket. not to mention obviously pietrus is not a shooter. i told him that does not make sense but he keeps insisting that they're talking about it on the warriors board. just wanted to know if any of you knew anything about it

That simply means that Warriors Fans are as delusional as Lakers fans. Kg is not being traded in the middle of the year. If they trade him it'll be in an all out bidding war in the summer and nooone nows what it would take or who will win out.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: trade idea: Garnett and Troy H. for Slava, D. George, Odom, Ronny T and Miami 1st rounder

bthanos wrote:

Would Mitch be offering too much?

You're kidding right? Lamar, scrubs and a miami pick for KG? Mchale would be burned to the stake if he took that deal.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Pipe
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Why is it that everytime someone posts some KG idea, they seem to think they're the first person to come up with a great idea? Everyone would make this trade, except Minnesota. Come on. This is ridiculous.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: