What is your main goal for the team, for the rest of the year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your hope for the season?
Win as many games so the team/youth can experience winning
51%
 51%  [ 27 ]
Tank for a top pick
48%
 48%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 52

Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Win, no one likes to lose. I'll bet the players don't like to lose, (its pretty obvious) so why should i want them to lose??

Win more than anyone (ESPN, SI, LG, etc...) expects, that's what i'm hoping for
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

Its fine to say win as many as possible, but I think you, at a minimum should have invested the time to watch at least 2 games from each of the top 5 or 6 draft prospects before coming to any conclusion. How can an optimal decision be made if you lack knowledge of all of the information available?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

Win
Develop Zubac and Ingram
Figure out who's not communicating on defense
Impose a dress code - clutch jeans only
Win more games
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

I have no desire for another pick that would hinder growth of the 6 quality, young players we already have. Would rather have them develop into winners than add another young piece.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

I think the young core should get most of the playing time and our vets (Deng, Moz, Lou, Nick) would be there to support. I'd gladly move one or two of them - most likely Lou/Nick - for another young player, preferably a defensive minded G. But I'd like this young core to fight for every win, as if it was a playoff game 7.

If it translates in less or more victories, I'll be fine either way, as long as I'm seeing some overall progress.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If we end up getting a top pick, and we select 1 of the top PGs what do we do with Russell? that's another major obstacle in tanking cause most of the talent in the draft are PGs.

We start Russell and the pick would be his backup initially. Eventually we might see a trade. But having 4 offensive initiators eventually isn't a bad thing.

unless its Fultz....If its Fultz, I think DLO is the new SG...if not Fultz is the starting SG.

I have watched him play, he is nowhere close to being an NBA player. Give him or any other pick a year or two to adjust.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

If we think Ingram, Russell, Zubac, Randle etc, are enough for the future. Then we let them play more and whatever happens. If we don't then we really need to tank. I was hoping Ingram was going to be our best player but you just can't tell yet
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If we end up getting a top pick, and we select 1 of the top PGs what do we do with Russell? that's another major obstacle in tanking cause most of the talent in the draft are PGs.

We start Russell and the pick would be his backup initially. Eventually we might see a trade. But having 4 offensive initiators eventually isn't a bad thing.

unless its Fultz....If its Fultz, I think DLO is the new SG...if not Fultz is the starting SG.

I have watched him play, he is nowhere close to being an NBA player. Give him or any other pick a year or two to adjust.

would you like to put something behind your ridiculous claim? I am saying Fultz is an NBA starter on opening night if healthy....it appears you do not think that is accurate?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

would you like to put something behind your ridiculous claim? I am saying Fultz is an NBA starter on opening night if healthy....it appears you do not think that is accurate?

Considering he will go to a horrible team, that might be true. But that doesn't mean he has earned anything. And if it is with the Lakers, he won't be starting, DLO will be.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Considering he will go to a horrible team, that might be true. But that doesn't mean he has earned anything. And if it is with the Lakers, he won't be starting, DLO will be.

Fultz would start day one for the Lakers....there is zero doubt in my mind....your claims of him going to a horrible team...there is only going to be one or two teams below us....and Brooklyn will not get him. Your whole premise is off worse than even that....because the most likely team to get him is the Boston Celtics. But things are becoming clear.....you fully support the Mozgov and Deng signings until this day.....and you are sure Fultz will not start initially in the NBA.....its your player evaluation abilities! I would not trust your scouting church league. Btw, if your read my statement, I was clear in that DLo would be starting as his back court partner, so I do not get the " he wont start, DLO will" .

Finally, keep this part between me and you....dont want to alarm Laker fans....remember, just between us...I would trade Russell in a heartbeat for him on draft night if we do not get the #1 pick! Watch some Washington basketball this weekend...you might finally get it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: