Plea to Magic- please read!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Plea to Magic- please read!

Laker fans are fine with a rebuild, we are patient! We want it done right. Please give the kids a chance to grow together and improve!

We are standing by this young and exciting team. Please do not blow it up for a win now mentality that won't get us past the Warriors anyway.

Thank you for your time and welcome back! You are my all time favorite Laker!

Last edited by Dr. Funkbot on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Good to know, Dr. Funkbot! I will take this into consideration.

-M
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Exciting at all.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Alternate plea...suck so bad that those dumb Buss kids will be forced to see the team. Lets tank for the Sixers (2017) and Magic (2019).
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Magic definitely reads this board.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Plea to Magic- please read!

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Laker fans are fine with a rebuild, we are patient! We want it done right. Please give the kids a chance to grow together and improve!

We are standing by this young and exciting team. Please do not blow it up for a win now mentality that won't get us past the Warriors anyway.

Personally, I don't think Laker fans are patient at all. I think a lot of them would love to trade the young guys for stars, just for the thrill of change -- at least until it failed. Then they'll start screaming that the apocalypse has arrived, per usual.

At the same time, I don't think Magic will have any influence over player decisions, so it doesn't matter what he would prefer.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Plea to Magic- please read!

activeverb wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Personally, I don't think Laker fans are patient at all. I think a lot of them would love to trade the young guys for stars, just for the thrill of change -- at least until it failed. Then they'll start screaming that the apocalypse has arrived, per usual.

At the same time, I don't think Magic will have any influence over player decisions, so it doesn't matter what he would prefer.

SHHHHH!!!!
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I already ordered my Cousins shirt.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

What will you say 5 years later if we stick with this group and are 30-52? If you can make a deal that makes the team better you do it. Bottom line...We want to win..we want to get better. Having said that the first guy you ship out is Jim Buss.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
What will you say 5 years later if we stick with this group and are 30-52? If you can make a deal that makes the team better you do it. Bottom line...We want to win..we want to get better. Having said that the first guy you ship out is Jim Buss.

Of course I am open to making moves that will make the team better and not hurt us long term. I just don't want to trade all of the kids for a player like Carmelo who is on the downside of his career. I don't want to mortgage the future for a near term gain. We are still recovering form the Nash deal.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Plea to Magic- please read!

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

This
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

We've been patient for how many years now? All the promises are so far, for not.

The improvements are slight, and the only hope I have right now is for Ingram to mature. Heck, I think I've said this before: if we can trade Russell and JC for a truly up and coming star, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

What will feel real good is to make a whole bunch of moves for any free agent willing to come here, trade whoever dares to go into a shooting slump and draws the ire of fans, tank a lot on purpose for a bunch more draft picks, and end up 30 - 52 in 5 years. While we're at it, pester the Buss family into selling the Lakers to some random billionaire who may or may not know crap about basketball but does know how to rake in a profit, and hey let's dump our GM and THEN try and find a new one! Yeah!!

While 5 years from now we watch a our young ex-core players play lights-out bb as part of half a dozen other team's title contender squads.

Because everything we needed to know we learned in Kindergarden. Including how to be a GM.

Dr. Funkbot - good post.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Magic doesn't know how to work the internet, he bought a 20,000$ Twitter version of Siri.. That's why his tweets sound so generic
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
What will feel real good is to make a whole bunch of moves for any free agent willing to come here, trade whoever dares to go into a shooting slump and draws the ire of fans, tank a lot on purpose for a bunch more draft picks, and end up 30 - 52 in 5 years. While we're at it, pester the Buss family into selling the Lakers to some random billionaire who may or may not know crap about basketball but does know how to rake in a profit, and hey let's dump our GM and THEN try and find a new one! Yeah!!

While 5 years from now we watch a our young ex-core players play lights-out bb as part of half a dozen other team's title contender squads.

Because everything we needed to know we learned in Kindergarden. Including how to be a GM.

Dr. Funkbot - good post.

Thanks man!

Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
We've been patient for how many years now? All the promises are so far, for not.

The improvements are slight, and the only hope I have right now is for Ingram to mature. Heck, I think I've said this before: if we can trade Russell and JC for a truly up and coming star, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The rebuild actually started this year. We had Kobe and his contract on the books until this year. Last season was the KFT and not a rebuild. We sucked because we mortgaged our future in an attempt to get Kobe one more ring.

Nothing wrong with trying to send Kobe out with another ring, but obviously it blew up in our faces. So now the rebuild begins and we are a young team that is learning how to play together and win without Kobe.

I for one could not be more happy with our group of young players and our awesome coach. My concern is that we pull the plug too soon and end up with some decent vets, but no way out of the first round.

BI will be special, DLO has been balling since he came back, Z is a future hall of famer, Nance has a great BBall IQ to go along with his hops.

The team is playing in the two games since DLO and Nance have been back playing together. I think you all will be surprised how well they will do even this year when if the team can stay healthy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

Magic has numerous business interests and is part owner of the Dodgers. to think that he can even devote 10 hours a week to the Lakers is being extremely optimistic.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Plea to Magic- please read!

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

spoken as someone who is not a season ticket holder and paying for tickets
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Magic Johnson's response wrote:
Did you know San Manuel is only 67 miles from Staples Center?

-MJ

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Plea to Magic- please read!

clutchkobe wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

spoken as someone who is not a season ticket holder and paying for tickets

kind of a cheap shot...or at least came out that way. As someone who has purchased NBA season tickets in multiple years past, I know they are not an inexpensive purchase, and I imagine Orlando's costs are less than the cost of Laker tickets in LA. Since it is a cost that everyone can not reasonably afford, it is not an indication of the level of fan or passion one holds for the team. Again, especially at venues like Staples and MSG which have 1000's of seats held by individuals and corporations that have them more for the social status, than the basketball entertainment.

I know I have went into the weeds here, but its great that you have season tickets, and its great that they are within your budget, but it doesn't segregate someone's opinion who does not have season tickets into a category of less value.

I'm sure that was not the intent of the statement, but that is how I read it.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I wish I could afford season tickets! But my point still remains. This is the first year of the proper rebuild. We have been putting it off for a long time. The payment is due. We have to go through the growing pains like the young OKC or GSW teams did.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Don't trade the young core!
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Magic Johnson's response wrote:
Did you know San Manuel is only 67 miles from Staples Center?

-MJ

1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I don't think he really has a choice.

Players good enough for the lakers to want to get will not be traded because the home team knows they have so much negotiating leverage with the new cba.

The likely scenario is that the lakers have only one more lotto pick this decade. Unless you think this is the championship core here the lakers will likely have to go through another round of sucking to have a chance st getting a bonafide championship contending roster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: