Ludicrous Magic Tweets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

Magic: "I love Jim & Jeanie Buss, but we need Phil Jackson to be the face of our great organization, the Los Angeles Lakers."
3:28 PM - 12 Mar 2014
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/793147180932403200

Earvin Magic JohnsonVerified account @MagicJohnson

I'm impressed w/ the Chicago Bulls starting Rondo, Butler, Wade & MCW off the bench they have the 3rd best group of guards in the league...
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/545967451461410817

The Dallas Mavericks' trade for Rajon Rondo puts them in position to be a contender in the Western Conference.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/49565033717440512

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. #MenCare
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

I guess they didnt learn with Bryon Scott...
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 2h2 hours ago

Don't stop tweeting, ever, Magic!!!!

lakersfan22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Comparing MCW to Kidd was terrible because with hindsight, we knew MCW was terrible with the Sixers.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

this thread truly inspires confidence
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

Deadspin compiled a lot of his bad tweets here: http://deadspin.com/dear-the-lakers-have-you-seen-these-tweets-1792592073
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Everybody on this board

Nash - Wow, what a great signing
D12 - Such a beast, he's gonna take the torch from Kobe
Nance - WTH, what a wasted pick
Okafor - Guy is gonna be a stud
Porzingis - Tall White slow guy, can't handle contact...pass
Gary Payton & Karl Malone - we are going to go 82-0 and sweep the playoffs
Anthony Brown - One step away from being a great 3 and D player
D12 again - no way you trade him for Blake Griffin!

Like you guys haven't been wrong about a ton of stuff when it comes to basketball and the lakers. Think if every thought you had regarding basketball was posted somewhere, I'm sure you'd look foolish too. Now that could have been avoided by magic by just not posting stuff and he's not super smart really, but damn..cut the legend a break!
TransientTexan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Everybody on this board

Like you guys haven't been wrong about a ton of stuff when it comes to basketball and the lakers. Think if every thought you had regarding basketball was posted somewhere, I'm sure you'd look foolish too. Now that could have been avoided by magic by just not posting stuff and he's not super smart really, but damn..cut the legend a break!

the difference is, the people on this board are not being hired to make basketball decisions for the team. it's a false comparison
Dwarf Nebula
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We need that type of personality in the Organization, someone who can help the team with his role as a mentor and motivator, I can't believe people are trying to make this move look bad.

Yah, I don't get all the negativity. The guys been pretty much a success in just about every thing he's tried. He's been successful for a reason. He obviously has skill in putting the right people in place and then delegating. Success doesn't just 'Magically' appear' without someone being ultimately responsible for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Whether it's players, coaches or FO members, LG loves routing against our own!
We're an extraordinarily cannibalistic fan base.

Magic changed a great deal after his stint on ESPN.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Dwarf Nebula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
We need that type of personality in the Organization, someone who can help the team with his role as a mentor and motivator, I can't believe people are trying to make this move look bad.

Yah, I don't get all the negativity. The guys been pretty much a success in just about every thing he's tried. He's been successful for a reason. He obviously has skill in putting the right people in place and then delegating. Success doesn't just 'Magically' appear' without someone being ultimately responsible for it.
Except that thing called coaching. Or anything pertaining to basketball analysis since the advent of twitter (caveat: maybe his dumb twitter persona is intentional)
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Dwarf Nebula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Except that thing called coaching. Or anything pertaining to basketball analysis since the advent of twitter (caveat: maybe his dumb twitter persona is intentional)

Don't forget the "Magic Hour" TV show which was mercifully cancelled after 8 weeks and should have been cancelled after 1 week. It was horrible, mostly due to Magic clearly being horrible in the role.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think people can't tell the difference in what Magic will be serving as.

Sure he's made some wrong predictions in the past, but his Knowledge of the game and business is top notch and anyone who is daring to make this look like a bad move should be ashamed of themselves.

Magic was hired to help us by building credibility and building a culture the team can thrive in.

GREAT POST!!!
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think people can't tell the difference in what Magic will be serving as.

Sure he's made some wrong predictions in the past, but his Knowledge of the game and business is top notch and anyone who is daring to make this look like a bad move should be ashamed of themselves.

Magic was hired to help us by building credibility and building a culture the team can thrive in.

GREAT POST!!!

I don't think so. To me, it's just a regurgitation of Jeanie 'Snake' Buss talking points, missing only a few hundred repeats of "umm" and "my dad."
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
petergr wrote:
Earvin Magic Johnson Verified account @MagicJohnson

I know in my heart that Byron Scott will be back coaching in the NBA soon because he's a great coach!

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/724672819972333568

This was in 2016!!

Smh this dude better not be involved in anything bball related

What do you expect him to say? Byron was his former teammate. Won championships with him. Of course Magic is gonna back him up.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

richmorgan12 wrote:
tox wrote:
Dwarf Nebula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Don't forget the "Magic Hour" TV show which was mercifully cancelled after 8 weeks and should have been cancelled after 1 week. It was horrible, mostly due to Magic clearly being horrible in the role.

But that 1 episode with Howard Stern was money!!! dude talked bout Magic banging chics left and right lol
Dwarf Nebula
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

richmorgan12 wrote:
tox wrote:
Dwarf Nebula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He didn't have the personality to be a talk show host. This has nothing to do with a business decision. Oh, and he coached for like 5 minutes and decided it wasn't for him. But lets forget all the successful business dealings he's responsible for. You guys are really reaching. Judge him by what he does ... not what he says.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

Dwarf Nebula wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
tox wrote:
Dwarf Nebula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He didn't have the personality to be a talk show host. This has nothing to do with a business decision. Oh, and he coached for like 5 minutes and decided it wasn't for him. But lets forget all the successful business dealings he's responsible for. You guys are really reaching. Judge him by what he does ... not what he says.
He "decided it wasn't for him" because he was terrible. What the (bleep) is this revisionism?
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Everybody on this board

okay I'll bite...

Nash - the Nash acquisition was universally seen (even among experts) as a great move for the Lakers to try to win 1-2 more championships before Kobe declined down further. Nobody thought he'd crash out so suddenly.
D12 - most fans were well aware of his flaws... at the time like Nash it looked like a great move to squeeze out another championship or 2
Nance - dont recall this but I'm sure plenty were optimistic
Okafor - many recognized his weaknesses, nearly everyone preferred Towns if we had the chance, most were sold on DLO by draft day
Porzingis - many were intrigued but understandably didnt want to risk a #2 on him. I'm pretty sure no GM in the league would have taken him #2.
Gary Payton & Karl Malone - we were a Karl Malone injury and Kobe criminal case away from winning a championship with them.
Anthony Brown - its natural for fans to be cautiously optimistic of their team's draft picks and I doubt anyone claimed he was going to be the next Bruce Bowen.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Dwarf Nebula wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
tox wrote:
Dwarf Nebula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He "decided it wasn't for him" because he was terrible. What the (bleep) is this revisionism?

Were you even a fan in 1993/4? If so, you'd remember that team was lottery caliber. YOU DREAMIN if you think he was supposed to take them into the playoffs. They didn't fire Randy Pfund because he was super duper smart. I hope you realize that. Magic didn't step into some kind of ready made situation like Pat Riley did. You're really stretching on Magic Hour and this sh. The Howard Stern episode was GREAT television, I don't care what anyone says. Frankly, the Lakers might've fired Pfund in order to put Magic in there to cinch a lottery pick kinda like they're doing now. Eddie Jones, bro. Tenth pick. Didn't work out so bad after all...

Thanks, Coach Magic!!1...
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

I don't think he wanted to coach from the start. Jerry basically coerced him into giving it a trial run to end that season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: