elton brand takes a shot at kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Ever heard of a joke?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
mrdectown, whats up with your avatar? it's freaking me out.

I had a better one but the mods made me change. Boy when i become a mod i'll show that guy but to answer your question its from ......... i dont really know i'll ask mygirl and get back to you.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
k083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

LG tends to way over-analyze people's words, and this thread shows it perfectly.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

LoL @ the overreactions in this thread.

Brand is a consummate professional and most likely meant it as a joke. They arguably have the 2nd best starting 5 in the NBA, so he'll never HAVE to shoot as many times as Kobe does. I'm sure he understands that, having been on lottery teams his entire career. No reason to get overly sensitive over a statement like that. I'm glad EB is finally getting the recognition he deserves.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

rubber-neckers.........moving along
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I can only hope some of you defend your own family/friends as vigilantly as you defend Kobe.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure Kobe is really, really angry right now and he must be really thankful for all the fans who go out of their way to scan the news for any ANTI-KOBE statements.

Good find!

Now go back there and search for more.
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

contrary to popular belief everyone does not hate kobe. Just charles barkley, 98% of espn, the trailblazer, knicks, spurs, heat,clippers, nuggets, and kate faber.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

You cant blame them for being over protective of Kobe he does get alot of crap from alot of people.
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry, but I just don't see any animosity in Elton's comment. Did I miss something?
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Who cares? If EB became available, I would definitely want the Lakers to pick him up for this team. That guy is awesome. I'm still laughing at the fact that the Bulls gave him up for Tyson Chandler and Eddie Curry.
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

mrdectown wrote:
contrary to popular belief everyone does not hate kobe. Just charles barkley, 98% of espn, the trailblazer, knicks, spurs, heat,clippers, nuggets, and kate faber.

Don't forget the raptors and Shaq's stepdad
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
still laughing at the fact that the Bulls gave him up for Tyson Chandler and Eddie Curry

That's why they're still in the lottery and the Clippers are looking like a team with a legit BIGMAN that may even make it into the 2nd round.

I have been a Brand guy since his rookie season. The guy was always underrated (even by our own coach PJ) and he has come back stronger each season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
clone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

lighten up, thats not a shot a kobe.

1949 1950 1952 1953 1954 1972 1980 1982 1985 1987 1988 2000 2001 2002 2009 2010
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Gosh, i don't know about you guys, but i find it UNACCEPTABLE whenever people fail to do anything other than sing Kobe's praises to the ethereal strata they are entitled to. Who does Elton think he is speaking of Kobe without comparing him to Jesus? Let's start up a gestapo and get ANYONE that says anything that could be even remotely construed as anything aside from fierce adulation and loyalty.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Elton should know better...goofing or just messing around...whatever...his comments were uncalled for.

Elton is a (bleep)...just goofing around. :roll:
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers suffer from terminal penis envy. It won't ever change. Poor Brand goes off, and some writer asks him if he was doing a Kobe impersonation. Can't say that it doesn't make me smile, however.
LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
mrdectown, whats up with your avatar? it's freaking me out.

So is yours. :roll:
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ever heard of a joke?

those were uncalled for...he tried to glorify himself at Kobe's expense. Joking? It wasn't even funny. Kobe gets a lot of cheap shots from all these cowards, how about Elton say that in front of Kobe's face...let's see if he can "joke" about that stuff with Kobe in his face. That was so lame and unprofessional of him.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: elton brand takes a shot at kobe

nesli wrote:
Quote:
Along with Brand's offensive dominance, the Clippers held Memphis to just 12 points in the fourth quarter in their 91-87 victory in front of 17,182 at Staples Center.

Brand went 17 of 26 (65 percent) from the field and 10 of 10 from the free-throw line in leading the Clippers to their 10th victory in 12 games. He added nine rebounds as the Clippers recovered from an 11-point deficit in the first half.

"I know that some of my teammates were missing shots from their spots, so I was like, 'OK, I got to do this,' " he said.

A writer then asked if he did his best Kobe Bryant impersonation.

"I didn't get up that many shots, did I?" asked Brand.

Get real guy! No offense but is your reading comprehension that bad?

This has been blown out of proportion!!!!!

Poor Kobe!

Go Lakers! Go Kobe!!

Go Lakers!
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

clone wrote:
lighten up, thats not a shot a kobe.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ever heard of a joke?

those were uncalled for...he tried to glorify himself at Kobe's expense. Joking? It wasn't even funny. Kobe gets a lot of cheap shots from all these cowards, how about Elton say that in front of Kobe's face...let's see if he can "joke" about that stuff with Kobe in his face. That was so lame and unprofessional of him.

Obviously you missed the concept of joking growing up.

A joke is almost always laughter at someone's expense. It is ussually twisting something around to make it funny.

Kobe DOES shoot a lot. Is that a lie? No. It's a fact. The way he said was meant to get a laugh ...

What's funny, Chucky Atkins called Kobe the GM last season yet Bryant is still good friends with him. They talk football and what not all the time ...

So get over it, guys. Kobe isn't some 13 year old girl that will get her feelings upset over something like this. He would probably laugh it off too and call Brand a token bigman ...
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ever heard of a joke?

Actually not in a while, why do you have one to share.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Chucky was just joking when he called Kobe the GM. I don't dislike Elton because he made a joke, I dislike Elton because he made a joke about Kobe Bryant. Elton should know that the media never takes a joke about Kobe as a joke and only adds to the criticisim. Plus with him being a clipper....I hope Kobe drops 50, 8 on them again.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Drifts wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ever heard of a joke?

Obviously you missed the concept of joking growing up.

A joke is almost always laughter at someone's expense. It is ussually twisting something around to make it funny.

Kobe DOES shoot a lot. Is that a lie? No. It's a fact. The way he said was meant to get a laugh ...

What's funny, Chucky Atkins called Kobe the GM last season yet Bryant is still good friends with him. They talk football and what not all the time ...

So get over it, guys. Kobe isn't some 13 year old girl that will get her feelings upset over something like this. He would probably laugh it off too and call Brand a token bigman ...

We all know Chucky's GM comments were uncalled for. So was this dumb comment from Mr. Brand. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Brand is a token bigman. Kaman is the man.

joking or just goofing...that was uncalled for. I didn't see any reason for him to say those things. He's being a hater. Come on, stop making excuses...he wanted to glorify himself, and called it joking. Coward.

Tim Legler was just joking.

Last edited by Drifts on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: