What final superstar piece do you think Magic/Lakers have in mind?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who could be the final piece to the puzzle?
Demarcus Cousins
45%
 45%  [ 18 ]
Kevin Love
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Jimmy Butler
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Gordon Hayward
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Carmelo Anthony
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Chris Paul
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Capt.Skyhook wrote:
I'm reading that as Magic saying, current team as constructed + one superstar = contenders.

So how does Magic plan on getting that superstar while keeping the team whole? I know he can do Magic and all, but c'mon.

I'm going to chalk his comment up as Magic just being his positive self. He doesn't truly believe that.

He thinks his presence will be able to help the Lakers sign that guy. But of course I'm sure Magic is out of touch with new CBA combined with limited flexibility we have due to the MozDeng signings.

Despite MozDeng, we can still have the max FA slot if we want to this summer, if Magic can perform Magic... we'll get that superstar FA
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Capt.Skyhook wrote:
I'm reading that as Magic saying, current team as constructed + one superstar = contenders.

So how does Magic plan on getting that superstar while keeping the team whole? I know he can do Magic and all, but c'mon.

I'm going to chalk his comment up as Magic just being his positive self. He doesn't truly believe that.

He thinks his presence will be able to help the Lakers sign that guy. But of course I'm sure Magic is out of touch with new CBA combined with limited flexibility we have due to the MozDeng signings.

Despite MozDeng, we can still have the max FA slot if we want to this summer, if Magic can perform Magic... we'll get that superstar FA

Would take some moves if we plan on keeping our draft pick. Would probably take dumping Nick/Lou/Black, 3 of our more productive players this season.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
governator wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Capt.Skyhook wrote:

Would take some moves if we plan on keeping our draft pick. Would probably take dumping Nick/Lou/Black, 3 of our more productive players this season.

yeah, just read the cap projected lower... looks like no max FA slot this summer
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

With that list, i would rather keep the young players like DLo, Clarkson. Ingram, Randle, Nance Jr, Zubac, Tarik & 1st round pick. Then i will trade the remaining players on the roster!
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Capt.Skyhook wrote:

Which one though? The only "superstar" I can see even being remotely available is Hayward. Class has a few big names like kd, curry, Griffen, but I consider them to be dead to us
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
governator wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Capt.Skyhook wrote:

yeah, just read the cap projected lower... looks like no max FA slot this summer

Yea even if Magic could be a closer, it's hard to pry a star, so they may just offer what they have left under the cap for a Reddick or Ibaka type to replace a starter in hopes that a Clarkson, Randle, 1st (in a Lou or Black & Young deal), and change can fetch something close to a star.

Dumping in the future may still be possible. If Paul George went crazy and left a ton of money on the table to fulfill some childhood dream as a Laker, they could get space. It may take literally giving up a guy like Clarkson or Randle to get someone to take Mozgov and change but it's possible. Steep, but it's still easier for them to create space than actually attract a star to leave money on the table.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

can gordon hayward play shooting guard?
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Well, If Nick Young can, why can't GordonH?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

With the offers the knicks are getting for Melo, I'm sure Magic would attempt to sway the Lakers to make a run for him this summer also.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject:

none of the players listed are superstars, the are all stars but not superstars and there is a difference

Chris Paul was but age and injuries catching up to him cant be a superstar missing 30-40 games a year
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

My guess is none of the above.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

I think this "superstar" FA signing idea is a waste of time.

We've whiffed 3 summers in a row. Not sure why we connect this summer, especially when there aren't any superstars that are readily acquirable via FA.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject:

If you heard him on NBA Countdown when asked he mentioned LeBron, Durant and Leonard as superstars, those guys with our young guys would at very least elevate this to a playoff team, BUT those guys arent going anywhere. And you put those three guys on any non playoff team and they elevate that team to being a playoff team

Really much ado about nothing in what Magic said because there are truly no Superstars available, there are All-Stars available but they dont elevate this team to contender status
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Well, If Nick Young can, why can't GordonH?

Hmm good point.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

There's 4 of them

2016: Gordon Hayward
2017: Russell Westbrook, DeMarcus Cousins
2018: Paul George

If the Lakers get their pick, at 3, I expect that pick to be sent to Chicago and packaged with someone like Clarkson in an attempt to get Jimmy Butler.

I got a question though

If we landed the pick, and had the chance to trade our 1st/2nd/3rd pick to Minnesota and they were willing to part with Andrew Wiggins... would you do it?
MorrissYe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I know he's not well rated here and I'm gonna be called names, but I'd take Cousins if he's available. I don't know why, I just get the feeling that he'll behave in LA with Magic and Luke around - he's never had any sort of positive structure around him at Sacramento.

I'd pull the trigger on Cousins for Randle and Clarkson. We're still one elite rim protector short (though the 15 Warriors showed you can win without someone like that), but I think injuries aside, IF we keep our pick and avoid drafting a bust, we'll be a Top 3 team in the West in 12 months with Cousins and more a mature Russ, Ingram and said pick.

A core of Cousins + a defensive minded PF, with Zubac rotating in either of the big men spots, with an interchangeable trio of Russell, Ingram and someone like Ball or Tatum, and we're in business.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
There's 4 of them

2016: Gordon Hayward
2017: Russell Westbrook, DeMarcus Cousins
2018: Paul George

If the Lakers get their pick, at 3, I expect that pick to be sent to Chicago and packaged with someone like Clarkson in an attempt to get Jimmy Butler.

I got a question though

If we landed the pick, and had the chance to trade our 1st/2nd/3rd pick to Minnesota and they were willing to part with Andrew Wiggins... would you do it?

I guess I'm not against trading the pick, but it would have to be for the right deal. Our roster isn't really set to compete now if we trade for a star. We'd probably have to sell another piece or two to get another impact player, and I'm not a huge fan of that.

Trading the picks for Wiggins... We need a scorer, but... Minny would turn it down for sure, so I don't have to speculate it any further
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

MorrissYe wrote:
I know he's not well rated here and I'm gonna be called names, but I'd take Cousins if he's available. I don't know why, I just get the feeling that he'll behave in LA with Magic and Luke around - he's never had any sort of positive structure around him at Sacramento.

I'd pull the trigger on Cousins for Randle and Clarkson. We're still one elite rim protector short (though the 15 Warriors showed you can win without someone like that), but I think injuries aside, IF we keep our pick and avoid drafting a bust, we'll be a Top 3 team in the West in 12 months with Cousins and more a mature Russ, Ingram and said pick.

A core of Cousins + a defensive minded PF, with Zubac rotating in either of the big men spots, with an interchangeable trio of Russell, Ingram and someone like Ball or Tatum, and we're in business.

There's no way Clarkson and Randle are enough for Cousins. You have that kind of offer and you jump on it.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
MorrissYe wrote:

There's no way Clarkson and Randle are enough for Cousins. You have that kind of offer and you jump on it.

We'd have to add Zu for them to even consider that deal. Moz being used has cap filler would be pretty sweet.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Based on Magic's past I would guess he was thinking of Curry or Durant.
jab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Anthony Davis
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: