What final superstar piece do you think Magic/Lakers have in mind?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who could be the final piece to the puzzle?
Demarcus Cousins
45%
 45%  [ 18 ]
Kevin Love
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Jimmy Butler
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Gordon Hayward
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Carmelo Anthony
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Chris Paul
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Ingram is still to young. Russell and Randle are capable #2 and #3 for a contending team. And we have plenty of good role players like williams, Young, Deng, Nance, Clarkson etc. A wing superstar make sense IMO. LBJ? KD? PG? Butler? All make sense

Current Randle definitely does not project to be a #3 on a contending team. No jumpshot, no defense, does not stay engaged.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

cousins...hopefully a jc, lou, randle package can get it done
then sign ibaka in the summer..or we can just start Nance at PF.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

Another thought; there aren't that many real "superstars" in the
league. IMO, all the guys mentioned on this thread are NOT superstars either, so it would be interesting to understand who Magic considers "superstars". Then we could agree or not.
Blackhart217
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
DLO will have a better career than at least half the guys in this poll.

I respectfully disagree

Absolutely

Paul: enough said
Melo: enough said
Cousins: elite offensive talent
Butler: elite 2 way player
Love: elite offensive talent as #1 option
Hayward: not elite yet but All Star capable

and if it can be argued that Randle and Lou are the best players on this team then....
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

If, IF, the Lakers were able to put together a package for Cousins, would Hayward then consider this team in free agency? As this team stands now they probably wouldn't get a meeting with him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
If, IF, the Lakers were able to put together a package for Cousins, would Hayward then consider this team in free agency? As this team stands now they probably wouldn't get a meeting with him.

I dont get the feeling Hayward would be all excited to play with Cousins.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
Sina wrote:
Ingram is still to young. Russell and Randle are capable #2 and #3 for a contending team. And we have plenty of good role players like williams, Young, Deng, Nance, Clarkson etc. A wing superstar make sense IMO. LBJ? KD? PG? Butler? All make sense

Current Randle definitely does not project to be a #3 on a contending team. No jumpshot, no defense, does not stay engaged.

He could be a #3...if the #1/2 were Shaq and Kobe, otherwise it's not looking good at the moment. He could get there, though.

The #3's of the past two champions: Draymond/Klay, Love.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

He's a hell of a talent. Better than anyone in Boston by a mile.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I think Hayward r-esigns or goes to Boston. Makes me sick to my stomach to admit it but Boston has a top 5 MVP candidate, is a contending team, has the incoming NJ picks and has a max slot (I believe). As for the proverbial icing on the cake, his college coach is there too .
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

By talent yes. By production, IT is making a case for a top 5 MVP selection, something Cousins hasn't sniffed in his entire career. And there's the #2 team in the East with multiple lottery picks incoming as well.

With that said, if Hayward gives us signs he'd say yes if Cousins was on board, I'm shipping out a lot of our overrated players.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I think Hayward r-esigns or goes to Boston. Makes me sick to my stomach to admit it but Boston has a top 5 MVP candidate, is a contending team, has the incoming NJ picks and has a max slot (I believe). As for the proverbial icing on the cake, his college coach is there too .

As great a story as Thomas has been, I don't think anyone's buying that he's capable of leading a team to a championship. Using advanced stats in any pitch meeting, the Lakers could probably take apart his game pretty thoroughly.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

talent wise, no doubt...better than what the majority of teams have, but I have concluded the guy is a cancer. If you read the recent piece on him from Kevin Arnovitz, he tries really hard to focus on the good in Boogie on and off the court, but the parts about how former teammates and coaches speak about how he lacks self control, physically bullies teammates, and does not respect teammates if he thinks they lack talent, uses intimidation and threats of his power within organization to threaten coaching staff members and team staff. It is just gross.

Even last night, he tried to cost the Kings the game against GSW....when they had a one point lead with two minutes to go in regulation, and he decides to start screaming at the ref and gets a technical foul. Do you know how hard that team probably had to work to get that win, and he is such a child that he felt getting his opinion on the record was the most important thing?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

talent wise, no doubt...better than what the majority of teams have, but I have concluded the guy is a cancer. If you read the recent piece on him from Kevin Arnovitz, he tries really hard to focus on the good in Boogie on and off the court, but the parts about how former teammates and coaches speak about how he lacks self control, physically bullies teammates, and does not respect teammates if he thinks they lack talent, uses intimidation and threats of his power within organization to threaten coaching staff members and team staff. It is just gross.

Even last night, he tried to cost the Kings the game against GSW....when they had a one point lead with two minutes to go in regulation, and he decides to start screaming at the ref and gets a technical foul. Do you know how hard that team probably had to work to get that win, and he is such a child that he felt getting his opinion on the record was the most important thing?

Players can change. Dennis Johnson, before my time but from what I've read and heard, had almost as bad a reputation as Cousins does now when he was playing for the Suns in the early '80's. Hated the fans, the media, his teammates, the city... he gets traded to Boston and magically he's a defensive-minded, unselfish, team-first darling. It can happen.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Tearing up your roster with the idea that someone might change isn't a smart thing to do. And Sac has said they want to sign Cousins long term and Cousins wants to stay there and get paid. Tough to execute a trade when one side has no interest in doing so.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

There might be someone out there that we dont know about. But, as for the players on that list, I would think its Butler or Cousins. I would prefer Butler, but I could see Magic making a deal with Vlade, and I could see Vlade being highly interested in Zubac. Maybe, one of these two deals:

1. Ingram, Randle and Clarkson for Butler

2. Randle, Clarkson and Zubac for Cousins
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

IMO Gordon Hayward is going to be heavily heavily heavily targeted but Luke and Mitch. I see Magic supporting that decision and getting involved in trying to acquire him.

We'll see what happens with this pick but if we got it, I could see us trying to move either Ingram or the pick for a guy like George or Butler and then trying to convince Hayward to come. That is probably the dream scenario to not strip the team of young guys but also become a threat right now.

That pick holds tremendous value right now and opportunity.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Pull Randle Clarkson Zubac for Cousins if it's possible.

Draft Fultz #1 if we get #1.

DLO
Fultz
Ingram
Nance
Cousins

Fultz/Cousins can be Shaq/Kobe extra lite.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
Pull Randle Clarkson Zubac for Cousins if it's possible.

Draft Fultz #1 if we get #1.

DLO
Fultz
Ingram
Nance
Cousins

Fultz/Cousins can be Shaq/Kobe extra lite.

4 newbies and Cousins aren't going to win
anything, at best ,we'd be a new look SAC.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
IMO Gordon Hayward is going to be heavily heavily heavily targeted but Luke and Mitch. I see Magic supporting that decision and getting involved in trying to acquire him.

We'll see what happens with this pick but if we got it, I could see us trying to move either Ingram or the pick for a guy like George or Butler and then trying to convince Hayward to come. That is probably the dream scenario to not strip the team of young guys but also become a threat right now.

Yeah the pick does serve value that is assuming however that the Lakers know and have a inside track of trading the pick for a superstar cause we can't keep stock piling young players, year after year cause that doesn't improve the team unless you land another LeBron in the draft.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Here is a funny thought. Isaiah Thomas is probably more of a star than half those guys right now. Instead we chose Lou Williams for what reason I will never know.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:

Yeah the pick does serve value that is assuming however that the Lakers know and have a inside track of trading the pick for a superstar cause we can't keep stock piling young players, year after year cause that doesn't improve the team unless you land another LeBron in the draft.

Which superstar would be available for just a #1 draft pick?

Harden?
Curry?
Westbrook?
Davis?
etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:

Which superstar would be available for just a #1 draft pick?

Harden?
Curry?
Westbrook?
Davis?
etc

Precisely .. you won't have a good chance of getting any superstar so unless the Lakers are going full youth, then tanking for another pick will just delay our progress cause of bringing in another young player trying to learn the NBA game.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

lakerlove123 wrote:
defense wrote:
The only guy I would call a superstar on that list is CP3 and hes getting old

true but...31 years old=getting old. smh

He's been slowing down for 2 years. Not the same guy after his knee surgery in terms of pace.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Here is a funny thought. Isaiah Thomas is probably more of a star than half those guys right now. Instead we chose Lou Williams for what reason I will never know.

Taller.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:

huh?

What I said was that I would think management, whoever you consider that to be, would be very open to trading some piece(s) of the core, including the pick if we got it) for even a second tier star like Butler or George. Especially if they knew we that would entice Hayward. Something like Ingram, Deng, Clarkson for Butler. Then show that to Gordon and hope he wants to sign Hayward.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: