QFTOS Lakers -at- Knicks 2/6/17

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triangle_Offense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: QFTOS Lakers -at- Knicks 2/6/17

1st half

Quote:
Wow the Knicks come out disinterested in the game! SMH. I guess they want the rebuild rather than the playoffs LOL 😂

Quote:
Awful start. It is getting hard to watch this team.

Quote:
I'm all aboard Team Tank at this point. Put this team out of its misery.

Quote:
Watching Rose this year, I can't imagine how anyone would want him. He went AWOL and acts like a diva. The only thing he can do is drive to the rim. It's like he has no understanding of how to play basketball otherwise.

Quote:
How pathetic. No passion for the game.

Quote:
WHY THE FUKK IS ROSE STARTING?
This is on Jeff, BJ had at least earned the starting slot. Rose should play about 15 mins a game with the bench unit.

Quote:
Man KP is so cold. Can't imagine how it is going to go if he is the focus of the defense in the future.

Quote:
This team is toxic. How could they be so bad.
I am getting the feeling that kP is catching the disease too.

Quote:
This is awful.
The Lakers are one of the worst teams in the league

Quote:
This team made its statement to Phil and Horny.
Sell our butts we don't care about the playoffs

Quote:
Jeff Hornacek finally calls a timeout with 4min to go in the second quarter after the Lakers went on a 30-10 run for the first 8min of the quarter.
He knows they quit on him.
Great culture Phil has built here.

Quote:
Randle and Black playing volley ball under the rim with no resistance is pretty laughable.

Quote:

They quit on the coach. Won't say it in public. But it's clear they have.

Quote:
We gave up 61 points to the Lakers in the 1st half. Rambis's defense paying dividends once again.

Quote:
The organization tried to alienate Melo but destroyed the team...Nice work...

2nd half

Quote:
One of the worst games I recall Porzingis ever playing...his head is not in the game and he seems to have lost his confidence on the offensive end.

Quote:
Yeah let's keep Melo by all means because getting run out our own building by the bottomfeeders is a great reason to pay some 27 million a year.

Quote:
This is absolutely pathetic. What an embarrassment the Knicks are. 97 points at home to the frigging Lakers after 3 quarters. People should be fired.

Quote:
It'd be hilarious if the bench led a comeback win AGAIN

Quote:
I would personally bench DRose and even consider just waiving him. They should've waived him when he went AWOL.

Quote:
This is the kind of game that gets a coach or gm fired.

Quote:
To be honest it's the right time to rebuild.

Quote:
the delusion that we're somehow a playoff team just because we happen to be in a terrible conference should be finally put to bed.

Quote:
There should be no other option at this point than to have a fire sale and tank.

Quote:
I'm sorry to say it, because I've been a Melo fan, but he just isn't a leader.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

This was depressing rather than fun. Poor Knicks fans

Thanks.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Kinda reinforces my thoughts on Melo. He can put up great stats, and he's got a Yuge contract. But he's an offensively skilled gold-plated lead anchor that slows the team down to a crawl with no defense to make up for it. WAY overpaid, too big a star to dump, and that team has no future until he's gone.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Kinda reinforces my thoughts on Melo. He can put up great stats, and he's got a Yuge contract. But he's an offensively skilled gold-plated lead anchor that slows the team down to a crawl with no defense to make up for it. WAY overpaid, too big a star to dump, and that team has no future until he's gone.

And he's all but untradeable with the no-trade clause. No contender is going to touch him since ~27M has to go back from them. Practically impossible.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

We may be one of the worst teams in the league but at least we're going somewhere. Too bad I can't say the same for the Knicks Heaped together roster that is mediocre and stuck in basketball purgatory
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Knicks fans are despondent. Simultaneously ready to throw in the towel and tank while resenting the fact that they have so called stars that should at least try to earn their paycheck.

It's almost like Deng and Mozgov. Except they duck so there isn't an expectation.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Wow. Knicks fans are despondent. Simultaneously ready to throw in the towel and tank while resenting the fact that they have so called stars that should at least try to earn their paycheck.

It's almost like Deng and Mozgov. Except they duck so there isn't an expectation.

quack quack
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

I was embarrassed for Knicks fans we're not even a decent road team

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

And he's all but untradeable with the no-trade clause. No contender is going to touch him since ~27M has to go back from them. Practically impossible.

I agree with the one poster, though. Phil tried playing mind games with Melo to get him to agree to a trade and in response we will likely see Phil gone and Melo still there. Phil's time really has passed.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

The Knicks still suck, but the Angry Knicks Fan's videos are still as good as ever LINK

If you didn't see his first video from a few years back, here(LINK) it is. The original had ~100k views.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

As bad as the Knicks are; they can always look next door at the Nets and get a good laugh!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:

If you didn't see his first video from a few years back, here(LINK) it is. The original had ~100k views.

Never seen that one before. Hilarious!

Last night's win was one of the most satisfying wins of the season.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I agree with the one poster, though. Phil tried playing mind games with Melo to get him to agree to a trade and in response we will likely see Phil gone and Melo still there. Phil's time really has passed.

Not sure if his time has passed as much as his ability to GM problems matches his ability to coach them.

Carmelo is a famous cancer/coach killer, as George Karl reiterated in December. As a coach, Phil could call the GM and say "get rid of this guy" and it would be done (see: "Patterson, Ruben").

As the GM, Phil is now the guy who has to fix the previous GM's (and nutty owner's) mistake. That is VERY hard to do, because it's not just changing 1 guy, but the culture as well. Knicks can't change the culture with Melo still in the room.

It took the Blazers 5 years to recover from the JailBlazers era and right when they looked like they were ready to contend, Aldridge left and set them back another 5. It took the Dubs the same time or longer to recover from the John Lucas/Michael Ray Richardson/Coke Machine days. The Clippers are still fighting a 38 year old curse.

Knicks will have to ride out Melo's last 2 years before help comes.

Jerry Buss was that rare owner with stones when he traded Shaq rather than acceding to Shaq's demands, then was prepared to let Kobe walk - twice - to preserve the Lakers culture.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I would love to know how Screaming A would spin this since everyone else knew this beforehand. As long as I didn't have to read his articles, see him on tv or contribute to him whatsoever.

Anyway, Phillip is toxic.

Bye.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: