View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Literally the single worst call in the history of the NFL, on that should-have-been ASJ TD. I've never seen a call that bad, ever. It's nowhere near what they actually ruled, and to think they OVERTURNED IT! I'm sorry, but it makes you wonder what is going on behind the scenes. I'll just say that the Over was bet heavily leading up to the game, with the number spiking up 3 points between the opening line and kickoff. The score was 24-14 when that play happened. If you make the score 24-21 with half a quarter left, it's very likely that the game goes Over the total. That play essentially kept the game Under the total, and to me, it's remarkably fishy.

There is just no justification whatsoever for that call to have been overturned on replay. In fact, had they called it a fumble on the field, there was clear and convincing evidence that he had control of the football when he lands at the goal line.

I agree. That was just incredibly ridiculous. Can't wait to see what ludicrous excuse the league office makes for this one.

They said on the telecast that the league office said that he did not have control of the football as the ball crossed the end zone.

I get what they were saying, but it appears he regained control....in the end, I do not think there was anything close to enough evidence to overturn.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Winless Giants are onto their practice squad receivers, have no run game prior to this matchup, and are scuffling on defense especially against the run. They're facing one of the league's top run D's, an offense that is pretty decent running the ball, and have taken two preseason contenders to the woodshed. Somehow NY, which averages 16 points a game, is up 17-3 at the half.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Winless Giants are onto their practice squad receivers, have no run game prior to this matchup, and are scuffling on defense especially against the run. They're facing one of the league's top run D's, an offense that is pretty decent running the ball, and have taken two preseason contenders to the woodshed. Somehow NY, which averages 16 points a game, is up 17-3 at the half.

Peyton gave Eli tips on how to beat the Broncos.

Mystery solved.

Now Siemien is out and Osweiler is in.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Peyton gave Eli tips on how to beat the Broncos.

Mystery solved.

Now Siemien is out and Osweiler is in.

Nah, not even Bill Belicheat with a video camera at the Broncos practice can turn the Giants paper-mache OL into one that can block Von Miller and Co.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

They have given the playcalling duties to some guy named Sullivan(apparently on the Giants coaching staff) that helps too.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Maybe they can get Martavis Bryant for a 3rd round pick,
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Aaron Rodgers potentially out for the season with a broken collarbone.

Maybe miss a couple months or so. Packers need to sign another QB.

I think they can stick with Hundley and still make the playoffs. He has some potential and promise, especially with decent pre-season performances. Brett came into this game cold off the bench with little chemistry with the starting receivers and it showed. Not to mention 3 key starters on that Vikings D know him inside and out from their college days. With a week of preparation, he should be fine.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Maybe they can get Martavis Bryant for a 3rd round pick,

That would actually make a lot of sense since they don't have a field stretcher.

But then again, if martavis is frustrated they don't take shots down the field in PIT, he'lll be miserable in NY.

Maybe chiefs?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

Kap suing the NFL for collusion?

Gooo away sir.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Gooo away sir.

I am curious what he would have to prove in order to blow up the CBA. LG legal minds?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Gooo away sir.

I am curious what he would have to prove in order to blow up the CBA. LG legal minds?

He has nothing, I'm pretty sure of it.

He's just bitter that he opted out of his behemoth of a contract to take a risk in free agency and struck out.

For what it's worth, the operative word there is "free" meaning teams are also FREE not to give you money if they simply do not like you.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Gooo away sir.

Not that I'm a legal mind (I just play one from my couch), but I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL owners did collude to make sure that no one picked him up--just as I'm CERTAIN that MLB colluded against Barry Bonds after his final season--but I think it would be virtually impossible to prove. Unless they have some sort of actual evidence where an NFL official actually says that all of the teams were told not to sign him, every individual team can offer up a myriad of reasons, fake or not, as to why they didn't want to sign him. I mean, honestly, all a team has to say is "we view him as a backup quarterback and his baggage isn't worth it", and what can you say to that? That's perfectly within a team's right.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

This should answer your questions

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/252845/proving-collusion-by-nfl-owners-will-be-tough-for-colin-kaepernick
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

In fact, the Seahawks actually worked him out. Ravens did too and their owner gave a very public statement questioning whether the risk of public fallout was worth it. If there had been collusion, none of those would've even gotten off the drawing board. IMO, this whole sitting/kneeling just started because a disgruntled Krap was pouting over a benching and his ad-libbing took on a form no one expected.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
In fact, the Seahawks actually worked him out. Ravens did too and their owner gave a very public statement questioning whether the risk of public fallout was worth it. If there had been collusion, none of those would've even gotten off the drawing board. IMO, this whole sitting/kneeling just started because a disgruntled Krap was pouting over a benching and his ad-libbing took on a form no one expected.

It will probably morph into a battle of the power of the players union vs the owners in the next CBA. The NFL players looked at the NBA and saw what type of contracts they can get, I'm sure they are trying to get a fraction of those contracts.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Gooo away sir.

Not that I'm a legal mind (I just play one from my couch), but I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL owners did collude to make sure that no one picked him up--just as I'm CERTAIN that MLB colluded against Barry Bonds after his final season--but I think it would be virtually impossible to prove. Unless they have some sort of actual evidence where an NFL official actually says that all of the teams were told not to sign him, every individual team can offer up a myriad of reasons, fake or not, as to why they didn't want to sign him. I mean, honestly, all a team has to say is "we view him as a backup quarterback and his baggage isn't worth it", and what can you say to that? That's perfectly within a team's right.

Exactly.

Why would they collude to keep Kap out, and then go ahead and placate the kneeling/protesting stuff?

If some team thinks Kap can help them win a Super Bowl, they're not going to say oh ok, sure, I'll stay away from him.

He's old and plateaued. And he's going to be disruptive wherever he goes with his shenanigans. On top of that, he is old and not that good anyway.

So I'd much rather, if I were a team, take a chance on a much cheaper player who isn't basically 30 years old and even if you put the baggage aside, offers very little in terms of upside.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I think they can stick with Hundley and still make the playoffs. He has some potential and promise, especially with decent pre-season performances. Brett came into this game cold off the bench with little chemistry with the starting receivers and it showed. Not to mention 3 key starters on that Vikings D know him inside and out from their college days. With a week of preparation, he should be fine.

Mad Dog Sports last night was positively sour on Hundley.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I have no idea what that is.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Gooo away sir.

Exactly.

Why would they collude to keep Kap out, and then go ahead and placate the kneeling/protesting stuff?

If some team thinks Kap can help them win a Super Bowl, they're not going to say oh ok, sure, I'll stay away from him.

He's old and plateaued. And he's going to be disruptive wherever he goes with his shenanigans. On top of that, he is old and not that good anyway.

So I'd much rather, if I were a team, take a chance on a much cheaper player who isn't basically 30 years old and even if you put the baggage aside, offers very little in terms of upside.

Quote:
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Ray Lewis said the Baltimore Ravens chose not to sign Colin Kaepernick after the quarterback's girlfriend posted a "racist" tweet featuring the former All-Pro linebacker and owner Steve Bisciotti.

"We were going to close the deal to sign him," Lewis said on Showtime's "Inside the NFL" on Tuesday night. "Steve Bisciotti said, 'I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.'"

"And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day."

The Aug. 2 tweet by Nessa Diab compared a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti to a scene from "Django Unchained," in which Samuel L. Jackson as a loyal house slave held Leonardo DiCaprio's cruel plantation owner character.

"His girl [Diab] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn't know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed," Lewis said. "Steve Bisciotti has said it himself: 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?'"

Nice. I say he's got no chance but sue away. Give the remaining money you have to a team of lawyers and end up like Latrell Sprewell. You got that right.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20597810/ray-lewis-said-baltimore-ravens-sign-colin-kaepernick-girlfriend-racist-tweet

Last edited by ExPatLkrFan on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I'm not a fan of Hundley, the guy is a low pick that hasn't done anything. He had an interview a few months back for a guy who has proven nothing he sure had a high opinion of himself.

Hope he kills it though
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
rwongega wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I'm not a fan of Hundley, the guy is a low pick that hasn't done anything. He had an interview a few months back for a guy who has proven nothing he sure had a high opinion of himself.

Hope he kills it though

That's not a bad thing to have as a QB.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Ezekiel Elliott gets another stay. Time to wonder if the judge has him on his fantasy roster.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Lotta interesting things in the Oak-KC game.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow, what a break for the Raiders.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Refs making their presence known...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 50 of 115
Jump to: