2017-18 NFL Thread - Eagles Defeat the Evil Empire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 113, 114, 115  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Also Chargers got really lucky in that all their divisional opponents have completely collapsed this season. Chiefs after a hot start have gone on a losing streak culminating in losing to the lowly Giants. Raiders never met the vast expectations everyone expected of them and Broncos don't have a competent QB and their defense has gone backwards.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Giants vs. Redskins was brutal after a large meal. It was a collision between a stoppable force and a moveable object.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I still think that KC probably wins the AFC West because their schedule is still pretty soft down the stretch, but even if that happens, I think the Chargers have a good shot to finish 9-7 and at least get a wild card berth. Miami and Buffalo are sinking ships, and the rest of the AFC West is in tatters. That leaves Tennessee and Baltimore, and there's no guarantee that they both can finish 9-7, and it might come down to a tiebreaker if one finishes 9-7. Other than at KC in Week 15, I think the Chargers are going to be favored in their other 4 games that are left. Of course, that doesn't guarantee wins, but a playoff berth isn't that farfetched. It would be the second time that they made the playoffs after starting 0-4.

Dak has just fallen apart without Zeke. I was willing to give him some benefit of the doubt since Tyron Smith wasn't playing in the two previous poor performances, but there are no excuses after this one. He was just brutal. And perhaps all the injuries have caught up to Dez Bryant, because he just can't separate. He's a brute force guy who can go up and make contested catches, but that's about all at this point. Dallas has one receiver that consistently gets separation, and his name is Brice Butler...and the coaches hardly play him, supposedly because they don't trust him with the playbook. It's shaping up to be a lost season in Big D.

Minnesota's defense is obviously legit, and it plays even better at home. If they can hold on to the #2 seed and thus get a home playoff game in the divisional round, yeah, they have a decent shot at the NFC Championship game. It's going to be hard to go in there and win, if Keenum keeps this up (or if Bridgewater got in and was even better). Oh, and Adam Thielen is unbelievable. He's definitely quick/fast enough (don't let anybody stereotype him), he has the size, he is a great route-runner, and he catches the football with his hands like he's Larry Fitzgerald. I love the potential of this Vikings team over the next couple of years if they can get legit QB play. They improved the O line, they'll have Cook coming back at RB, and Thielen-Diggs-Rudolph give them plenty in the pass game (along with what Cook does in the pass game). And that D is ferocious; I'd say they are right there for the top defense in the game right now, alongside Jacksonville and Baltimore and Carolina. Pittsburgh probably isn't far behind, though the loss of Haden might hurt them over the next few weeks. I'd have the Rams D pretty high up there. And Philly is pretty good on defense too now, with Darby's return and with a fine front 7. Denver is legit but it looks like they've mailed it in since they know their season is kaput. Seattle has lost too much due to injury, and the same is obviously true for Houston. And in getting back to the Chargers, their D is a solid unit too, because they can get after the QB and they can cover in the secondary. Yeah, their run D isn't good, but you can win consistently in the NFL with a poor run defense if you can rush the passer and cover receivers well.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
And perhaps all the injuries have caught up to Dez Bryant, because he just can't separate. He's a brute force guy who can go up and make contested catches, but that's about all at this point. Dallas has one receiver that consistently gets separation, and his name is Brice Butler...

I have a good friend who is a NFL nut and we were talking about this the other day and completely agree.

Dez Bryant is completely finished as a big play guy, he is basically a more expensive, not as good version of Michael Crabtree now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Amazing, Chargers have a chance to take the lead in the division. Chiefs lost at home to the Bills.....their freefall continues.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Blaine Gabbert leading the GW drive vs the Jags is the most Jags thing ever
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Blaine Gabbert leading the GW drive vs the Jags is the most Jags thing ever

I loved it. Bortles sucked balls and Gabbert upsets em.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Amazing, Chargers have a chance to take the lead in the division. Chiefs lost at home to the Bills.....their freefall continues.

Genuinely unbelievable. Alex Smith has completely regressed after his brilliant start to the season, and he's turned back into...Alex Smith. He's torpedoed that entire offense. They have to go to Pat Mahomes, or Andy Reid is nuts. And I bet they don't go to Pat Mahomes lol.

I couldn't believe the end of that Jags-Cards game. Had Lambo kicked a game-winning FG at the end instead of Dawson, my friend would have won a FanDuel tournament for ten thousand bucks. He's absolutely sick to his stomach. The Jags were inside the Arizona 40 very late in the game when Bortles threw an INT, and then when they got the ball back deep in their own territory with the score still tied, it seemed like it could go to OT and he could still win the tournament. But on 2nd down and long and with Arizona only having 1 timeout left, J'ville made two inexplicable calls in a row. On 2nd down, they threw the ball (not worth the risk since you're backed up) and it was incomplete, thus keeping the timeout in Arizona's pocket. So now, on 3rd down, you might as well throw it, since if you run it, you're basically conceding a punt deep in your own territory. If you threw it to try to advance the ball to get into FG position on 2nd down, you might as well do the same thing on third down now that they can stop the clock and force a punt. So then, of course, they run the ball, they punt, and you know what happened. Inexplicably bad logic from the Jags and it cost them dearly.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Genuinely unbelievable. Alex Smith has completely regressed after his brilliant start to the season, and he's turned back into...Alex Smith. He's torpedoed that entire offense. They have to go to Pat Mahomes, or Andy Reid is nuts. And I bet they don't go to Pat Mahomes lol.

I couldn't believe the end of that Jags-Cards game. Had Lambo kicked a game-winning FG at the end instead of Dawson, my friend would have won a FanDuel tournament for ten thousand bucks. He's absolutely sick to his stomach. The Jags were inside the Arizona 40 very late in the game when Bortles threw an INT, and then when they got the ball back deep in their own territory with the score still tied, it seemed like it could go to OT and he could still win the tournament. But on 2nd down and long and with Arizona only having 1 timeout left, J'ville made two inexplicable calls in a row. On 2nd down, they threw the ball (not worth the risk since you're backed up) and it was incomplete, thus keeping the timeout in Arizona's pocket. So now, on 3rd down, you might as well throw it, since if you run it, you're basically conceding a punt deep in your own territory. If you threw it to try to advance the ball to get into FG position on 2nd down, you might as well do the same thing on third down now that they can stop the clock and force a punt. So then, of course, they run the ball, they punt, and you know what happened. Inexplicably bad logic from the Jags and it cost them dearly.

It's incredibly inexplicable. Never put the game in the hands of Blake Bortles.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Packers-Steelers was much more entertaining than originally thought. Hundley did an incredible job against a tough defense however his defense crumbled at the end like many Dom Capers D's.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Guys fighting and crying, the wheels have completely fallen off the bus for the Broncos.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Guys fighting and crying, the wheels have completely fallen off the bus for the Broncos.

Didn't Horse Face say his team was soft? Now they're throwing punches.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

And to think Manning was holding them back... he wasn't the same as he once was but he's better than what's out there now for the Broncos.

I admit the Packers/Steelers game was better than expected.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

It's still remarkable to me that Elway allowed that team to go into each of the past two seasons with the QB situation as it was. The team, and the defense in particular, has essentially cried uncle because they know they have no chance. To me, Denver has two options for 2018. One, they can try to make a huge move like signing Cousins or swinging a trade; or two, they go into next season with more uncertainty at QB, plan for the future, and sell off pieces of their defense and embark on a rebuild.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I think that Vance Joseph will be fired and this will continue next season.

Or they are going to pray another Colts QB goes to Denver(Luck)

I don't think that will happen since Luck is with the Colts for 4 more years its not like Manning where he's on the wrong side of 30 and the team wanted to move on from him.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Also Chargers got really lucky in that all their divisional opponents have completely collapsed this season. Chiefs after a hot start have gone on a losing streak culminating in losing to the lowly Giants. Raiders never met the vast expectations everyone expected of them and Broncos don't have a competent QB and their defense has gone backwards.

It's insane. Right now, the Chargers actually control their own destiny in the division.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

It's a pretty serious indictment on Flacco that Tom Savage looks significantly better throwing the football.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

I don't think that will happen since Luck is with the Colts for 4 more years its not like Manning where he's on the wrong side of 30 and the team wanted to move on from him.

I never understood why the Donkeys wanted Vance Joseph. He wasn't anything special in his DC role with the Dolphins.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I never understood why the Donkeys wanted Vance Joseph. He wasn't anything special in his DC role with the Dolphins.

He must have killed it during the interviews.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Giants benching Eli Manning for the rest of the season to go with.....Geno Smith ROFLCOPTERLMAOLOL. There's no more obvious sign of tanking than putting in that turd of a QB in.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Giants benching Eli Manning for the rest of the season to go with.....Geno Smith ROFLCOPTERLMAOLOL. There's no more obvious sign of tanking than putting in that turd of a QB in.

I think they'll also play Davis Webb eventually, but yeah, they are doing Eli dirty here. There has been social media speculation that they could release him, but I don't see that happening because it would cause a $12.5MM dead money hit on their cap next season. I'm guessing they will trade him in the offseason. With Bortles due a similar amount of money next season, perhaps they just swap QB's where the Giants get a decent pick out of it. With Coughlin calling the shots there, it makes a lot of sense.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Eli can go to Denver.....
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:

I think they'll also play Davis Webb eventually, but yeah, they are doing Eli dirty here. There has been social media speculation that they could release him, but I don't see that happening because it would cause a $12.5MM dead money hit on their cap next season. I'm guessing they will trade him in the offseason. With Bortles due a similar amount of money next season, perhaps they just swap QB's where the Giants get a decent pick out of it. With Coughlin calling the shots there, it makes a lot of sense.

Absolutely horrendous management. Failed draft picks especially the reach ones. Inability to realize what their team's weaknesses are (OL). Throwing money at big names who don't come close to making it back (Olivier Vernon, Brandon Marshall, etc). Tom Coughlin is an average QB away from making a deep dent in the playoffs. If the Giants think Bortles is the answer to anything besides "Who's one of the worst QB's drafted in the top 5?", they deserve a long playoff drought.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Maybe Eli can go to Denver.....

Think its rather laughable that anyone would think Eli would want to go to the Broncos.

Because he hasn't lived in Peyton shadow his entire life he just wants to continue to do so.

Plus despite Manning retiring after winning an SB it was pretty obvious if he didn't retire the Broncos would've cut him. I don't think its forgotten in that family.

I think its either Jags or retirement if the Giants aren't an option anymore.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Eli has been garbage for a few years now at least.

Is Geno Smith the answer? Of course not.

But is Eli at a FAT contract the answer going forward? Even more not.

You bring in Geno to show New York it is over for Eli. 2 Super Bowl wins is pretty amazing for a QB with his overall wack game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 63 of 115
Jump to: