Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 113, 114, 115  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
really glad NYG fans got their Eli back

The Giants are terrible regardless of QB.

One day someone will realize it.

Besides I kind of think this was Eli's swan song for the Giants just because he started this game doesn't mean he'll come back as a Giant next season.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
starting to wake up every day and question why Dirk Koetter and Mike Smith are still employed in Tampa Bay...

At least they aren’t John Fox. He has no idea what Bear players have been doing.

John Fox stopped being a good coach to me after he was fired from the Panthers.

I mean the Broncos won the SB after he left.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Damn Wentz is hurt too?!

I had a friend (Eagles fan) who said with all the QB injuries this season if Wentz gets hurt he's jumping off a building.

Maybe I should call him....
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject:

As one of the few remaining Chargers fans, I'll wait until the game next week before I get too excited. But this may be the best we've looked since the LT days. Lynn might just end that streak of clueless, overly conservative coaching we've enjoyed since the Norval Eugene Turner era. He had his fair share of mistakes early on, but so far it looks like he's actually capable of putting his ego aside, admitting those mistakes, and most importantly learning from them. Of course I'll probably end up retracting all of this in a week, because you know, Chargers gonna Charger and we're bound to shoot ourselves in the foot, head, crotch, and several other body parts sooner or later...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Chargers have momentum. Honestly, all that losing at the beginning of the year helped bring the team together and now their offense is rolling. Not to mention all the bad vibes from their initial move away from San Diego have dissipated.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Damn Wentz is hurt too?!

I had a friend (Eagles fan) who said with all the QB injuries this season if Wentz gets hurt he's jumping off a building.

No official announcement yet but many in the know are saying torn ACL. season over.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Chargers offense has been rolling lately. Keenan Allen is tapping into his potential, and I like the rest of their receiving corps: Benjamin, Williams, Henry, etc. Rivers hasn't thrown an INT in a minute. Plus their defense is pretty much almost elite. I'm concerned about the usual Chargers jinx, but maybe moving out of SD and into the City of Champions will turn around their karma.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
really glad NYG fans got their Eli back

The Giants are terrible regardless of QB.

One day someone will realize it.

Besides I kind of think this was Eli's swan song for the Giants just because he started this game doesn't mean he'll come back as a Giant next season.

I highly doubt he is on the Giants roster next season....think they will be looking at a QB in the draft....maybe Rosen?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Damn Wentz is hurt too?!

No official announcement yet but many in the know are saying torn ACL. season over.

I really hope not.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Damn Wentz is hurt too?!

Hoping its not true. Eagles are exciting to watch with Wentz.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Maclin has to find a way to get up and drag himself off the field.....simply can't cost your team their final timeout because you want to lay on ground to regroup after taking a hit to the mid-section.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Stupid Ravens.. good thing I watched the Nuggets/Pacers game I taped I didn't miss much apparently.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/10/league-office-will-review-seahawks-jaguars-chaos-on-monday/

Quote:

Another Monday, another day of waiting for potential suspensions.

The league office will explore on Monday the chaos that unfolded at the end of the Seahawks-Jaguars game. From defensive lineman Michael Bennett diving at the knees of Jaguars center Brandon Linder during victory formation to defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson being ejected for throwing a punch to defensive lineman Quinton Jefferson being ejected and then trying to climb into the stands after Jaguars fans threw things at him, the league will have plenty to sort out.

Suspensions, if any, will come Monday. Fines would happen later in the week, with the league disclosing them on Friday.

Jefferson’s behavior presents the toughest challenge for the league. Though he was provoked, he arguably should have kept walking through the tunnel and to the locker room. The possibility of Jefferson entering the crowd and creating mayhem presents a potential liability nightmare, with any and all injuries inflicted the responsibility of the league.

The NFL needs to create a clear, bright line regarding situations like this, with an expectation that players, coaches, etc. will ignore any and all misconduct from the stands — and that they will never under any circumstances try to physically interact with fans.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/10/league-office-will-review-seahawks-jaguars-chaos-on-monday/

Quote:

The league office will explore on Monday the chaos that unfolded at the end of the Seahawks-Jaguars game. From defensive lineman Michael Bennett diving at the knees of Jaguars center Brandon Linder during victory formation to defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson being ejected for throwing a punch to defensive lineman Quinton Jefferson being ejected and then trying to climb into the stands after Jaguars fans threw things at him, the league will have plenty to sort out.

Suspensions, if any, will come Monday. Fines would happen later in the week, with the league disclosing them on Friday.

Jefferson’s behavior presents the toughest challenge for the league. Though he was provoked, he arguably should have kept walking through the tunnel and to the locker room. The possibility of Jefferson entering the crowd and creating mayhem presents a potential liability nightmare, with any and all injuries inflicted the responsibility of the league.

The NFL needs to create a clear, bright line regarding situations like this, with an expectation that players, coaches, etc. will ignore any and all misconduct from the stands — and that they will never under any circumstances try to physically interact with fans.

did you watch that game....only caught the last quarter, but the Seahawks came off as extremely low class.....Michael Bennett should definitely be suspended.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Damn Wentz is hurt too?!

For Eagles fans it is devastating but I think it is also bad for the NFL. The Eagles and Wentz were becoming a more likable version of Brady and the Patriots.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Damn Wentz is hurt too?!

For Eagles fans it is devastating but I think it is also bad for the NFL. The Eagles and Wentz were becoming a more likable version of Brady and the Patriots.

Hardly the Eagles haven't won a damn thing.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

did you watch that game....only caught the last quarter, but the Seahawks came off as extremely low class.....Michael Bennett should definitely be suspended.

No this is the first I heard about it. Kind of surprised this didn't make bigger news but Wentz's injury is a bigger deal I guess.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

To put it simply, what the Seahawks did was chickenbleep. And I had a feeling they wouldn't just accept their fate when the Jags went into the victory formation. I had a feeling they would do something dirty and try to rush them, and they did. Just a remarkably cheap act on their part.

And of course the fans shouldn't be throwing stuff at Jefferson, but when you act like chickenbleeps on the field, don't expect much sympathy from me.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Well this isn't the first time Bennett has been associated with something like this

Oddly enough Coughlin was there for this one

Also did the same thing with Peyton later that year but he managed to jump back before anything happened to him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
And of course the fans shouldn't be throwing stuff at Jefferson, but when you act like chickenbleeps on the field, don't expect much sympathy from me.

yeah, hopefully they were able to identify some of those fans that threw drinks also, and make sure it is the last NFL game they attend.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
OCWA wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Damn Wentz is hurt too?!

Hardly the Eagles haven't won a damn thing.

Were becoming are the key words. It can't be the first time that you have heard Wentz compared to Brady can it? Other similarities are, running back by committee, and rising star tight end. I don't totally agree with these comps but some people have made them.

By the way, The Eagles have won 3 NFL Championships.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:

does it really count if it came before the SuperBowl....2 of them two decades before SB1.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Actually I haven't I've heard him compared to Aaron Rodgers though(which I find to be more accurate actually)

I guess I should clarify in the SB era the Eagles haven't won a damn thing.

I mean I like Wentz and think if he stays healthy he will be special I just don't care for the Eagles. Not big on Philly sports teams had less than stellar experiences with their fans.

But in order to be on the Patriots level you need to win a couple of SBs or something.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
OCWA wrote:

does it really count if it came before the SuperBowl....2 of them two decades before SB1.

Does history matter? I guess that is up to each individual.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Actually I haven't I've heard him compared to Aaron Rodgers though(which I find to be more accurate actually)

I guess I should clarify in the SB era the Eagles haven't won a damn thing.

I mean I like Wentz and think if he stays healthy he will be special I just don't care for the Eagles. Not big on Philly sports teams had less than stellar experiences with their fans.

But in order to be on the Patriots level you need to win a couple of SBs or something.

Style wise I agree that Rodgers is a more apt comparison, but I have heard the Brady comparison. Maybe the comparison is made because Brady is considered the gold standard and Wentz is the most promising youngster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 68 of 115
Jump to: