RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Well he retired last season and only came back because of Gase.

Not sure he'd have done it for other teams.

He "retired" because he figured he wouldn't have a job. When one was offered, he took the money. If someone offers him another paycheck, he will take it. And I don't mean that disparagingly. If he's healthy and wanted, he will take the money.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Good job Dolphins beating the Pats

I don't know if it's "beating the Pats" as much as it was surviving the clock before the Pats beat them.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Regardless they escaped with a win like the Steelers did vs the Ravens last night
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

When the Raiders fell off the wagon I started wanting a Los Angeles based team to win something.

Chargers are done, stick a fork inem.

The Rams are a surprise. Jared Goff is playing well, Todd Gurley is playing like the Gurley of old. They're leading the NFC West 9 4. Seattle is right there 8 5.

I don't think the Rams will get to the SB but they have a shot at the NFC West. GO RAMS!!!!

I'm not a Patriot hater. If they win it all I won't mind. They're a organization that excels because of system and management. I can't hate on that.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
When the Raiders fell off the wagon I started wanting a Los Angeles based team to win something.

The Rams are a surprise. Jared Goff is playing well, Todd Gurley is playing like the Gurley of old. They're leading the NFC West 9 4. Seattle is right there 8 5.

I don't think the Rams will get to the SB but they have a shot at the NFC West. GO RAMS!!!!

I'm not a Patriot hater. If they win it all I won't mind. They're a organization that excels because of system and management. I can't hate on that.

I don't see how they are "done". They are in 1st place, have a lot of momentum , don't care about playing in a hostile environment anymore (lets face it Stubhub isn't exactly home sweet home), and have a relatively easy schedule left.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't see how they are "done". They are in 1st place, have a lot of momentum , don't care about playing in a hostile environment anymore (lets face it Stubhub isn't exactly home sweet home), and have a relatively easy schedule left.

Yeah, I don't think he's been watching at all this season. That or dementia's got him thinking this is 2015-16. Tied for division lead with a pretty nice schedule and are on a very good run after finding their identity.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Good job Dolphins beating the Pats

I don't know if it's "beating the Pats" as much as it was surviving the clock before the Pats beat them.

Whatever, I'll take the win. It was good to see Xavien Howard continue his sudden growth after a slow first full year of starting. Just need to figure out the LB corps and the D will be very good from here on out.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Regardless they escaped with a win like the Steelers did vs the Ravens last night

More like the Ravens defense got tired and the Steelers replaced Sensenbagh with Sutton - that made a difference in the pass defense.

I don't know what the Pats were doing on Moday night. Maybe they were looking ahead to their matchup with the Steelers.

they'll be playing a Steeler team that will be healthy on Offense this time.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

More like the Ravens defense got tired and the Steelers replaced Sensenbagh with Sutton - that made a difference in the pass defense.

I don't know what the Pats were doing on Moday night. Maybe they were looking ahead to their matchup with the Steelers.

The Baltimore D isn't the same without Jimmy Smith.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

The Steelers D was without Shazier and Haden, those two make a bigger difference. Ravens wouldn’t have looked that good on offense with those two in there.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

The Steelers D was without Shazier and Haden, those two make a bigger difference. Ravens wouldn’t have looked that good on offense with those two in there.

Oh, I totally agree. That's why that game was a shootout.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

Absolutely brutal for Philly losing Wentz for the season.

The guy is a big time player and leader, I love the way he plays.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Was a bit premature with done. They play in the AFC West. I thought the Chiefs would be a runaway. What happened to them? I thought the Raiders would do much better, so did Beast Mode. They're still in the running. I'm a Raider fan. Liten up on Stubhub, my son and daughter live in Carson. He said they wanted the stadium for jobs and a economy boost. Carson is a nice community.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Was a bit premature with done. They play in the AFC West. I thought the Chiefs would be a runaway. What happened to them? I thought the Raiders would do much better, so did Beast Mode. They're still in the running. I'm a Raider fan. Liten up on Stubhub, my son and daughter live in Carson. He said they wanted the stadium for jobs and a economy boost. Carson is a nice community.

I was referring to the fact that the Chargers have no such thing as home field advantage...the stadium is filled with fans of the opposing team. The Charger players have said they are basically playing all road games because the atmosphere is very favorable to the road team and has actually brought the players closer together because of it.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I was referring to the fact that the Chargers have no such thing as home field advantage...the stadium is filled with fans of the opposing team. The Charger players have said they are basically playing all road games because the atmosphere is very favorable to the road team and has actually brought the players closer together because of it.

Exactly. Hell, I showed up on a Yahoo article detailing the sheer amount of "visiting" fans who root against the Chargers in the stadium. Honestly, it was great for me because it felt like a Miami home game. I can't imagine it was good for the Charger fans (though they were nice enough and everyone agreed Spanos/Cheatriots suck). If I were a Charger fan, I'd be outright embarrassed.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

In order for the Chargers to achieve HFA they have to start winning. They don't have the Raider mystic that brought not only LA fans but fan from the Bay Area to games. They don't any appeal. They don't have any more Lance Alworth's, Michael Turner's, LaDainian Tomlinson and likes. They're a bland team. In San Diego thay at least had a following. Maybe they should have stayed there.

The Rams are starting to win. It's helped. Fans are starting to show up. I don't know if they've ever sold out Stubhub but I do believe they've began to gain attention.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

In order for the Chargers to achieve HFA they have to start winning. They don't have the Raider mystic that brought not only LA fans but fan from the Bay Area to games. They don't any appeal. They don't have any more Lance Alworth's, Michael Turner's, LaDainian Tomlinson and likes. They're a bland team. In San Diego thay at least had a following. Maybe they should have stayed there.

The Rams are starting to win. It's helped. Fans are starting to show up. I don't know if they've ever sold out Stubhub but I do believe they've began to gain attention.

Joey Bosa
Melvin Ingram
Melvin Gordon
Phillip Rivers
Antonio Gates
Thats 5 names that recognizable to anybody that follows the NFL.
They've sold out Stubhub a couple of times but the problem is most of the away fans are buying the tickets since they have no problem paying 2-3x the normal price for a ticket to see their favorite team in LA. And since Stubhub is smaller and doesn't have a bad seat in the house compared to the Coliseum these fans are willing to spend a bit extra versus the fans in LA who never saw an NFL game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Joey Bosa
Melvin Ingram
Melvin Gordon
Phillip Rivers
Antonio Gates
Thats 5 names that recognizable to anybody that follows the NFL.
They've sold out Stubhub a couple of times but the problem is most of the away fans are buying the tickets since they have no problem paying 2-3x the normal price for a ticket to see their favorite team in LA. And since Stubhub is smaller and doesn't have a bad seat in the house compared to the Coliseum these fans are willing to spend a bit extra versus the fans in LA who never saw an NFL game.

Don't watch many Charger games but Rivers and Gates cause a blink. I've seen some of the ticket prices and was frankly surprised at the expense. LINK Click on see tickets Seats at the Coliseum weren't really all that bad except the end zones.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

The Chargers donated $250,000 to the fire relief fund, today I am a Charger fan.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Siemian's arm looked nasty with that injury.

That being said the Colts should be able to win this game Denver always plays badly here.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/14/jeremy-kerley-on-failing-ped-test-maybe-a-ghost-did-it/#comments

Quote:
Jeremy Kerley on failing PED test: Maybe a ghost did it

When there’s something strange and your PED test isn’t good, who ya gonna call?

In the case of Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley, you’re gonna call the Ghostbusters.

Kerley’s four-game suspension for a violation of the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy came to an end this week and Kerley said he still doesn’t know how a banned substance got into his system. At the time of his suspension, Kerley released a statement that said he intended to “investigate this matter until I am able to figure out what caused the positive test” and pursue remedies against anything that was tainted without his knowledge.

On Wednesday, Kerley said he hasn’t found that answer and offered up a supernatural explanation.

“I don’t know,” Kerley said, via the New York Post. “There’s a lot of ghosts around here. Maybe a ghost put it in me. You know the Ghost of Christmas Past? A ghost might have put it in me. I don’t know.”

Given the long history of things going wrong for the Jets, it’s surprising no one has come up with the ghost explanation in the past.

Doug Brien’s missed field goals in Pittsburgh during the playoffs? A ghost pushed them off course. A muddy field in Miami for the AFC title game? A ghost yanked the tarp away. Mark Gastineau didn’t rough Bernie Kosar, but a ghost did. The Buttfumble?

Well, maybe not everything can be pinned on a poltergeist.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Chargers donated $250,000 to the fire relief fund, today I am a Charger fan.

Wow, sure was nice of Spanos to donate the entirety of their ticket sales this year!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wow, sure was nice of Spanos to donate the entirety of their ticket sales this year!

No doubt, my aunt and uncle will never get their house back but they will be taken care of.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/16/jaguars-newest-star-was-recently-sleeping-in-his-car/

Quote:
Jaguars newest star was recently sleeping in his car

The Jaguars have plenty of great players. One arrived fairly recently, joining the practice squad in late September, climbing to the active roster in late October, and twice winning the AFC special-teams player of the week award since then.

Receiver Jaydon Mickens, who had been cut by the Raiders in September, had no idea whether he’d stick around in Jacksonville. Faced with the challenge of securing what could be short-term living arrangements, Mickens decided not to.

“If you’re on a month or year lease, you can’t break it,” Mickens said, via Phillip Hellman of the Florida Times-Union. “I didn’t know how long I was going to be here. You can be here for two weeks and then gone tomorrow.”

So Mickens and receiver Larry Pinkard would find a place every night to park their cars, and there they’d sleep. For Mickens, it was a no-brainer to save his money.

“You can go into an offseason and not get paid for six months,” Mickens said. “I would rather save every check if I’m on the practice squad for the whole year and have something to fall back on.”

Mickens was discreet about his choice of sleeping arrangements, telling not many teammates. He also didn’t ask the Jaguars for assistance in securing temporary arrangements.

“I came from nothing,” Mickens said. “I’ve been through way worse.”

Mickens is going through way better now; he’s the first Jaguars player ever to win the special-teams player of the week award twice, thanks to his punt-return skills.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 70 of 115
Jump to: