2017-18 NFL Thread - Eagles Defeat the Evil Empire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 113, 114, 115  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/16/reggie-bush-knows-hes-done-wants-to-retire-as-a-saint/

Quote:
Reggie Bush knows he’s done, wants to retire as a Saint

A couple months ago, Reggie Bush was putting out word that if any team needed a veteran running back, he was available. Now Bush realizes that isn’t happening.

“I’m done,” Bush said on NFL Network. “I’m done. I said it. It’s not BREAKING NEWS. I’ve been saying it. I said it all season, I said, ‘Listen, if I don’t play this year, I’m going to retire.’ Because I’m not going to spend a whole year off, come back, 33 years old, trying to get back in the league. Listen, once you get to a certain age as a running back, they just start to slowly weed you out.”

Bush entered the NFL with the Saints as the second overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft, and although he later spent two years with the Dolphins, two with the Lions, one with the 49ers and one with the Bills, he still considers himself a Saint.

“The Saints know I’m coming home at some point,” Bush said. “I’m going to come home to retire as a Saint. But yeah, man, I’m done. For sure. I’m done.”

Although Bush never became the NFL superstar some expected him to be during his great college career at USC, he does finish his career with 10,001 all-purpose yards as a pro. His NFL career, if not a great one was at least a very good one.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Rivers having a bad game and Chargers looking likely to get an L to a division rival.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Well that seals the game....nightmare scenario for the Chargers as they lose to a rival and must win the next 2 games to have a chance to make the playoffs....plus they lost a couple of players to injuries.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Nightmare game for Rivers with 3 INTs.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

Well I didn't see this coming but it figures Marvin would have to "fire" himself to leave the Bengals.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21792494/marvin-lewis-planning-leave-cincinnati-bengals-season

Quote:
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis plans to leave team, explore other opportunities

After 15 seasons in Cincinnati that have made him the longest-tenured head coach in franchise history, Marvin Lewis is planning to leave the Bengals after this season to pursue opportunities elsewhere, league sources told ESPN.

As he has done in the past, Lewis willingly opted to enter 2017 on the final year of his contract, but unlike other years, this time he is planning to leave Cincinnati, sources said.

With a flurry of head-coaching openings expected in the coming weeks and a shortage of obvious head-coaching candidates with experience, Lewis is likely to be on teams' short lists of candidates, league sources said.

If a head-coaching job does not materialize, sources said Lewis would be interested in working in another team's front office or as a coaching adviser for a former Bengals assistant coach who has gone on to become a head coach, such as Mike Zimmer, whose Minnesota Vikings host the Bengals on Sunday.

Not only is Lewis' contract up, but so are those of most, if not all, of the Bengals' assistant coaches. The Bengals have declined to give contract extensions to their assistant coaches, and some are unhappy with the way they have been treated financially, sources said.

Amid the uncertainty and potential change, the Bengals are likely to undergo a major overhaul to their coaching staff. Some assistants could wind up staying, but many are expected to leave along with Lewis.

Despite regular-season success, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has yet to win a postseason game. Joe Robbins/Getty Images
When Lewis leaves the Bengals, it will mark the end of a chapter in which Cincinnati returned to prominence but failed to advance in the postseason.

When he accepted the job on Jan. 14, 2003, the Bengals were one of the NFL's laughingstock franchises, coming off the worst season in franchise history. Lewis beat out Tom Coughlin and Mike Mularkey for the job and almost immediately remade and elevated the roster.

Lewis helped make the Bengals relevant again, but he never led the team to a postseason win. His seven playoff losses, each as disappointing as the next, made Lewis the only head coach in history to lose his first seven postseason games, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

But Lewis has compiled a 123-111-3 record that, at a time in which the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens have been among the NFL's elite franchises, was good enough to win the AFC North four times.

The Bengals' 2017 season has been defined by disappointment and injuries. When the 5-8 Bengals face the Vikings, they will be without starting cornerbacks Adam Jones, who is on injured reserve, and Dre Kirkpatrick, who has a concussion. Bengals linebackers Vontaze Burfict (concussion), Kevin Minter (hamstring) and Nick Vigil (ankle) also are out. They are expected to get safety Shawn Williams back from a hamstring injury.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

He was Jim Moira. Did a quick turnaround but forever stuck in neutral

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

The ownership was unusually loyal to him. Usually a series of first round playoff exits would've had him canned years ago.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Yes maybe Dalton will get his Dungy next go around.

The Bengals are cheap Lewis did enough to stay employed.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject:

That's one of the craziest endings I've seen. Whew.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

What an absolute bunch of of horse (bleep). The ground can't a cause a fumble after the ball has crossed the plain, not to mention there was no DB to tag tag the receiver once his knees hit the ground. It was clear from the start of the fourth that the refs had this game in the bag for New England.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

And they lost Antonio Brown which is a lot worse than losing this game.

Maybe the Ravens can sneak into the playoffs Flacco is the only other QB besides the Manning brothers than can seem the beat the Pats in the postseason.

Everyone else is too gutless to do it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Dallas wins and Raiders playoff hopes will be on life support after this game.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
What an absolute bunch of of horse (bleep). The ground can't a cause a fumble after the ball has crossed the plain, not to mention there was no DB to tag tag the receiver once his knees hit the ground. It was clear from the start of the fourth that the refs had this game in the bag for New England.

The fumble rule has nothing to do with whether it’s a completion. The ground can cause an incompletion in the end zone or anywhere else.

I hate that rule. I think it’s stupid. But it’s still the rule. Ask Dez Bryant.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000456973/article/referee-dez-bryant-catch-incomplete-once-ball-hit-ground
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/17/panthers-announce-jerry-richardson-to-sell-team/

Quote:
Panthers announce Jerry Richardson to sell team

Panthers owner Jerry Richardson planned to sell the team he founded shortly after his death, rather than keep it in his family.

But with a new set of allegations that he sexually harassed employees and used racially insensitive language emerged changed the story, he’s not going to wait.

The Panthers announced a statement from Richardson that he intends to sell the team he brought to his home state.

“I believe that it is time to turn the franchise over to new ownership,” he said in the statement. “Therefore, I will put the team up for sale at the conclusion of this NFL season. We will not begin the sale process, nor will we entertain any inquiries, until the very last game is played.”

This is obviously a stunning turn of events during an incredible day for the team, and the only owner in the league who also played in the NFL.

After firing his sons in 2009, Richardson had written into his will that the team would be sold within two years of his death.

Last edited by Basketball Fan on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Yet I always thought that the Bengals out-performed their talent level. He got them to the playoffs with rosters that should have been 6-10.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Wonder how much they will sell for....not too often an NFL team goes up for sale.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The Grind wrote:

The fumble rule has nothing to do with whether it’s a completion. The ground can cause an incompletion in the end zone or anywhere else.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000456973/article/referee-dez-bryant-catch-incomplete-once-ball-hit-ground

You don't even have to go back that far....Chargers vs Chiefs yesterdays game....Chiefs receiver bobbled the ball in the end zone and it was ruled an incompletion.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/16/16786386/kareem-hunt-kansas-city-chiefs-touchdown-catch-rule-los-angeles-chargers
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The Grind wrote:

You don't even have to go back that far....Chargers vs Chiefs yesterdays game....Chiefs receiver bobbled the ball in the end zone and it was ruled an incompletion.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/16/16786386/kareem-hunt-kansas-city-chiefs-touchdown-catch-rule-los-angeles-chargers

True, but at least with Hunt you can understand the call. The ball hit the ground while he was catching it. With the Steeler receiver and with Bryant, they had caught the ball and were doing something with it. I hate that rule.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Wonder how much they will sell for....not too often an NFL team goes up for sale.

And who may be in a position to buy the team.

Makes you wonder if the Panthers will move.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Theres no shortage of money in Charlotte though. Bank of America and Duke Energy call Charlotte home. They already have a relatively up to date stadium even though its around 23 years old now.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Niners have won 3 in a row after starting 1-10. I know it's a small sample space, but in 3 full games Garoppolo has pretty much looked like an elite QB, despite a mediocre group of WRs and an offensive line that's been lacking. If they can somehow acquire a difference maker at WR and shore up their defense during the offseason, maybe they can contend for the playoffs as soon as next year.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Theres no shortage of money in Charlotte though. Bank of America and Duke Energy call Charlotte home. They already have a relatively up to date stadium even though its around 23 years old now.

Yes but you assume the team is going to stay in Charlotte wouldn't surprise me to see them move...
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Steelers tight end made a football move tho. At that point the only course of action for the dumbass zebras is to call that a completion. But it's the Holy Pats so...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Niners have won 3 in a row after starting 1-10. I know it's a small sample space, but in 3 full games Garoppolo has pretty much looked like an elite QB, despite a mediocre group of WRs and an offensive line that's been lacking. If they can somehow acquire a difference maker at WR and shore up their defense during the offseason, maybe they can contend for the playoffs as soon as next year.

You have to grab those Eastern Illinois QBs when you can.

I think that Goodwin could be that receiver.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Raiders are such a disappointment this season....I think by the time they play the Chargers they will probably be eliminated from the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 71 of 115
Jump to: