Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 113, 114, 115  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
The Vikings have opened as 3.5 point favorites at the Eagles. I think that's about right, since the Vikings are a better team than the Falcons are.

On defense I agree. On offense, Falcons have a more talented offense that's held back by a terrible OC in Drunk Sark. Vikings have less talent but they've overachieved this year thanks to a smart OC.

I believe that the gap in the Vikes' edge on D compared to the Falcons is greater than whatever the edge the Falcons have on the Vikes on offense. And although the Vikings don't have a WR as good as Julio, the Vikes run out a pretty good trio of pass-catching options. Keenum also played much better than Matt Ryan did this season. Maybe Keenum is having a one-year fluke year, like Mark Rypien in that magical season for the Redskins, but for this season, I just feel like the Vikings have clearly been better than the Falcons, and I expect the Vikings to win next week.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

I grew up in north Dallas as a Cowboys fan, long before the dark days of Jerry Jones. I was watching when Roger Staubach and Drew Pearson connected for the original "Hail Mary" pass back in 1975 against the Vikings. It took 43 years, but the Vikings finally got one of their own.
Liger24Zero
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Liger24Zero wrote:
So much for the Steelers and Saints...

Looks like Brady and the Pats get to have the easiest path to the super bowl and I'm probably going to being witnessing another Pats championship victory again.

F all the other AFC teams for being so (bleep) this entire decade.

Pats going to the AFC championship game is the norm like a Lebron James led team sailing to the NBA Finals.

LOL!

True.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Liger24Zero wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Liger24Zero wrote:

Looks like Brady and the Pats get to have the easiest path to the super bowl and I'm probably going to being witnessing another Pats championship victory again.

Pats going to the AFC championship game is the norm like a Lebron James led team sailing to the NBA Finals.

LOL!

True.

Basically its all but a wrap now, in the pool of four teams, none will beat brady. I assume that everyone that's in patriot land is celebrating their 6th championship. I hope both Brady and Belicheck will call if after this, seriously its ENOUGH!

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
Liger24Zero wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Liger24Zero wrote:

LOL!

True.

Basically its all but a wrap now, in the pool of four teams, none will beat brady. I assume that everyone that's in patriot land is celebrating their 6th championship. I hope both Brady and Belicheck will call if after this, seriously its ENOUGH!

Yeah not sure about Brady but Belicheck will definitely move on. Nothing more to prove and time for a new challenge!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Looks like McDaniels to the Colts, Patricia to the Lions, and Shurmur to the Giants. With the Titans reversing course and canning Mularkey (the right move), that leaves an opening, and the Cardinals still don't have a coach. You would think that the Titans would be concerned with a modern approach to maximizing Mariota's skills, so perhaps a younger offensive minded coach might be where they go. As for the Cards, I'm not sure what they have in mind at all.

I hear Todd Haley could be available!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

The play by Williams was one of the worst in the history of the NFL, I would put it right up there with the Marlon McCree gaffe that cost my beloved SAN DIEGO Chargers a sure Super Bowl title.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

The Seahawks just hired Ken Norton as their DC. This follows the hiring of Brian Schottenheimer as OC.

Talk about uninspiring choices. And the Legion of Boom is about to break up, too, with this season probably being the last for most of those guys. Just feels like Seattle is on a backslide. Wilson is good enough to likely keep them competitive, but I think the days of Seattle as a contender are over, at least for the foreseeable future.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Looks like McDaniels to the Colts, Patricia to the Lions, and Shurmur to the Giants. With the Titans reversing course and canning Mularkey (the right move), that leaves an opening, and the Cardinals still don't have a coach. You would think that the Titans would be concerned with a modern approach to maximizing Mariota's skills, so perhaps a younger offensive minded coach might be where they go. As for the Cards, I'm not sure what they have in mind at all.

I hear Todd Haley could be available!

I wonder if McDaniels will bring his videographer over. Patricia is a good fit for the Lions. Shurmur's HC history isn't inspiring but then again it was the Browns and his reputation as a QB coach speaks loudly about NY drafting a QB over OL.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Sure Drew Brees would be a threat to Brady if he had a defense backing him. Instead he has a defense that can’t stop Case Keenum from scoring with 25 seconds left and 1 timeout.

They've improved tremendously defensively, at a rate no one expected out of the rookies. But again, as that play and their recent games have shown, they are rookies. Future will be bright for that D if they keep it up and hopefully Brees has another year or so left because with some experience under their belts, that D can be elite.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
The play by Williams was one of the worst in the history of the NFL, I would put it right up there with the Marlon McCree gaffe that cost my beloved SAN DIEGO Chargers a sure Super Bowl title.

As a Colts fan I was grateful because I knew we wouldn't win in San Diego.

The Pats at home we could beat them that year it will be exactly 11 years ago to the day this Sunday.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Seahawks just hired Ken Norton as their DC. This follows the hiring of Brian Schottenheimer as OC.

Talk about uninspiring choices. And the Legion of Boom is about to break up, too, with this season probably being the last for most of those guys. Just feels like Seattle is on a backslide. Wilson is good enough to likely keep them competitive, but I think the days of Seattle as a contender are over, at least for the foreseeable future.

Carroll circling the wagons bringing Norton back and I don't know if he owes Marty a favor or something because there is no reason to be bringing Brian onboard as OC. Wilson will eventually break down like most scrambling QB's and he will have to scramble bc the OL is always poorly stocked.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Even I got a good chuckle out of this.

http://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2018/01/15/steven-adams-had-no-clue-that-peyton-manning-played-for-the-colts/

Quote:
Steven Adams had no clue that Peyton Manning played for the Colts

With a pretty exciting of weekend of NFL football in the books and the AFC and NFC title games set, on Monday, Steven Adams was asked about his football rooting and watching habits.

By the sound of it, he isn’t really an avid NFL fan, but, you know, he dabbles.

“I think you have to,” Adams responded when asked whether he watches the NFL.

“Everyone talks about it so you have to be involved somewhat.”

The real gold, however, came when Adams was asked whether or not he has or had a favorite player.

“I did, there was Peyton Manning,” he said. “Whichever team it was. Broncos?”

During the response, Adams is sorta incorrectly corrected, with one journalist correcting him by pointing out that Manning was a Colt.

That in and of itself was interesting since Manning spent the final four years of his career with the Broncos, including a Super Bowl 50 win in 2016.

Fred Katz
@FredKatz
Steven Adams watched but doesn’t follow the NFL playoffs. Favorite football player ever? Peyton Manning “because I saw him on a pizza ad”

12:33 PM - Jan 15, 2018
2 2 Replies 67 67 Retweets 268 268 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Fortunately for us, Adams kept on talking, revealing that he not only didn’t know that Manning played for the Colts, but also that he began to like the Hall of Famer because of his Papa John’s pizza ads and his “cool” name.

“I’d seen him on a pizza ad,” Adams said. “He was the guy. He was the guy… He just seemed like a likable chap. So I was like just ‘Ah,’ pretty cool name, as well, so I was like ‘Ah, go for that guy,’ so I supported him, which was cool.”

After it was pointed out that Manning rose to prominence as a member of the Colts, Adams seemed genuinely surprised.

“Was he? Ah. Sorry about that. Apologies, man.”

Perhaps he should be sorry for not knowing about the playing history of the guy he identifies as his favorite player, but Adams is only 24 years old. He was only five years old when Manning made his NFL debut in 1998.

Maybe he should be sorry, but we certainly aren’t.

Adams remains one of the gifts that keeps on giving.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
If the Pats win it all, would that put Brady ahead of MJ as the greatest sports figure?

No because MJ had charisma the fact we're still talking about him after his career ended 15 years ago is saying something.

Brady is a legend but I'm not sure he'll be as revered post retirement(beyond the media)

Plus MJ didn't have "Spygate, Deflategate etc" haunting him either.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
If the Pats win it all, would that put Brady ahead of MJ as the greatest sports figure?

No because MJ had charisma the fact we're still talking about him after his career ended 15 years ago is saying something.

Brady is a legend but I'm not sure he'll be as revered post retirement(beyond the media)

MJ also never lost a Finals series. Also established a sports culture (Nike/shoes) that transcends the actual sport. Patriots fans and their bandwagoners will revere him but the rest of us will not. The same can't be said about Jordan.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

MJ also never lost a Finals series. Also established a sports culture (Nike/shoes) that transcends the actual sport. Patriots fans and their bandwagoners will revere him but the rest of us will not. The same can't be said about Jordan.

I don't revere Jordan(my most hated athlete ever)

Brady is #2 though.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Part of me dies every time I think of that game.. Thanks a lot Lanny
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Roethlisberger played great against a pretty stout jags defense in spite of the loss, which included bad in game coaching decisions, lack of team focus and missed assignments on defense. This team got as far as they did because of their talent. But organizationally, they’re a mess.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-2017-2018-preview-playoffs-divisional-round-news-updates-roster-depth-chart-tickets-jaguars-how-to-watch/2018/1/16/16894038/ben-roethlisberger-was-lights-out-when-pressured-vs-the-jaguars-steelers-nfl-afc-playoffs
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

Steelers canned Haley.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

The Pats at home we could beat them that year it will be exactly 11 years ago to the day this Sunday.

fellow colts fan! we broke our san diego curse though, although shamefully we'll never get the chance to go into qualcomm and blast them..

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Steelers canned Haley.

Haley was the scapegoat. The actual architects behind this mess are Tomlin, Butler and the rest of the defensive coaching staff (Porter and Lake)

Sadly, These players would be a dynasty under a coaching staff like the patriots
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

fellow colts fan! we broke our san diego curse though, although shamefully we'll never get the chance to go into qualcomm and blast them..

Did we?

The Chargers always gave us fits though.

Figures Manning was able to beat them handily when he went to Denver.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Steelers canned Haley.

Haley was the scapegoat. The actual architects behind this mess are Tomlin, Butler and the rest of the defensive coaching staff (Porter and Lake)

Sadly, These players would be a dynasty under a coaching staff like the patriots

Haley still played a role with some questionable late game calls. The D I think relied too much on Shazier's leadership and abilities.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Steelers canned Haley.

Saw that coming. Word is him and Ben didn't get along.

Steelers are going to promote the QB coach to OC, he has a great relationship with Ben.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Brady lost the Super Bowl with an undefeated team. Jordan won with his 72 win team. For the most part however the loss with an undefeated team gets overlooked because the Patriots have a couple of wins since then, including a spectacular one last year.

Just goes to show how strange sports can be. Eli Manning is 2-0 against Brady in Super Bowls and I never thought he was ever that great.

Eli has more rings than Aaron Rodgers who still only has one. Would be interesting to see how Rodgers would do if he had Belichick on his side.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 90 of 115
Jump to: