2017-18 NFL Thread - Eagles Defeat the Evil Empire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 113, 114, 115  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Giant lose a tough one. Got beat by a 61 yard field goal from rookie kicker Aldrick Rosas

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@AH[/i][/b] I thought you had one.

I never really thought that. I said a few days ago that it would be a big red flag for the Patriots if the Texans scored more than 10 points on offense. Belichick has got a lot of work to do if the Patriots are going to make the playoffs this year.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
@AH[/i][/b] I thought you had one.

I never really thought that. I said a few days ago that it would be a big red flag for the Patriots if the Texans scored more than 10 points on offense. Belichick has got a lot of work to do if the Patriots are going to make the playoffs this year.

IA. It took a Tom Brady miracle to win today.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Giant lose a tough one. Got beat by a 61 yard field goal from rookie kicker Aldrick Rosas

The Giants didn't lose a tough one.

The Lions lost a tough one. They legitimately won the game on a TD call that should never have been overturned. Now if they had called him short on the call on the field and not reversed that call on review because they was insufficient evidence, that would be one thing. But to overturn the call on that video evidence was ridiculous.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Adam Gase is a moron. Byron Scott-esque play calling today.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The Lions lost a tough one. They legitimately won the game on a TD call that should never have been overturned. Now if they had called him short on the call on the field and not reversed that call on review because they was insufficient evidence, that would be one thing. But to overturn the call on that video evidence was ridiculous.

Tell that to my son the Giant fan. Eli can't help it. He tossed to ints today. Got beat by three on a 61 yard field goal by a rookie kicker.

I didn't see the Lions game I heard from some that what you say is true.

AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Very surprised Broncos lost.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Chargers stink.
LA is one step ahead of everyone....we've been banning Chargers games.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Chargers stink.

Chargers have ample offensive talent, especially at WR, and have been getting enough defensive stops, but it's the same old story with them. Looks like yet another lost season for the Bolts.

I was hoping that moving to L.A. might improve their karma now that they're in the city of champions.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

That's the Giants kicker the Eagles Kicker is Jake Elliott

slavavov wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Chargers stink.

I was hoping that moving to L.A. might improve their karma now that they're in the city of champions.

It hasn't worked for the Clippers you think it would work for the Chargers?

AllorNothing wrote:

I'm not the Bills are tough at home, the Broncos thought a little too highly of themselves after the Cowboys win and they are in a different timezone.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks BF. I flipped the script.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Tate's knee was clearly down and the ball was short of the goal line. But I think it's so incredibly unfair to invoke a 10-second runoff there. Had they ruled him short on the field, it's 4th-and-goal with a foot to go, and they probably could have at least lined up in time to snap the ball again, and at that point, they could just QB sneak, at the very least, and Stafford is a big dude.

Jim Caldwell even said post-game that they got the call correct, basically saying that it was an unfortunate situation for his team but that the officials applied the rule correctly.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Bad day to pick favorites this week it seems.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Bad day to pick favorites this week it seems.

definitely "one of those weeks"
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Redskins doing everything they can to keep the Raiders in this game....
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Huh? Raiders have under 100 yds total offense.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Tate's knee was clearly down and the ball was short of the goal line. But I think it's so incredibly unfair to invoke a 10-second runoff there. Had they ruled him short on the field, it's 4th-and-goal with a foot to go, and they probably could have at least lined up in time to snap the ball again, and at that point, they could just QB sneak, at the very least, and Stafford is a big dude.

Jim Caldwell even said post-game that they got the call correct, basically saying that it was an unfortunate situation for his team but that the officials applied the rule correctly.

I don't think it was clear enough to overturn the call on the field. As I said, had they called it not a TD and upheld the call, that's one thing.

If you're going to determine a game's outcome based on overturning a ruling on the field, it has to be way more definitive than what existed in this case.

Personally, I wish we would go back to the old days where there was no review. At least then when they got it wrong it was simply a matter of saying, "ok, they screwed up. Things happen". But when the system exists to supposedly get it right and it fails by going against it's own directives and they still get it wrong? That's just unacceptable, even when you have no investment in the outcome. And that's what happened on that call. There was not enough to overturn the call - even on the best angle.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't think it was clear enough to overturn the call on the field. As I said, had they called it not a TD and upheld the call, that's one thing.

If you're going to determine a game's outcome based on overturning a ruling on the field, it has to be way more definitive than what existed in this case.

Personally, I wish we would go back to the old days where there was no review. At least then when they got it wrong it was simply a matter of saying, "ok, they screwed up. Things happen". But when the system exists to supposedly get it right and it fails by going against it's own directives and they still get it wrong? That's just unacceptable, even when you have no investment in the outcome. And that's what happened on that call. There was not enough to overturn the call - even on the best angle.

I love ya DMR, but he's clearly short and this shows it perfectly...

https://twitter.com/Wes_nship/status/912050839778463750/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fnfl%2Fnews%2Flions-somehow-manage-to-lose-after-officials-call-the-apparent-winning-td%2F
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:

did you watch the game? Washington was leading 21-0 late in the 3rd Quarter, and fumbled twice (muffed punt and Perine fumble) inside their own 20 yard line which allowed Raiders to score their 10 points. It was 24-10 with most of the 4th Quarter to play when I posted the comment.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

If the Chargers somehow luck into Darnold or Rosen (very real possibility now with their record and upcoming schedule) next year and dump Rivers and maybe even Lynn if he continues to make rookie mistakes, they'll rebound on AND off the field with the USC or UCLA fans they'll draw in. The talent is there on defense and with the offensive skill positions. Draft a QB in the 1st round + continue to build on defense with remaining picks, bring back a healthy 2017 1st rounder in Mike Williams + 2nd rounder in Forrest Lamp to boost the interior OL, and that team is ready to roll in 2018.

The one constant on all these failed Chargers teams the last decade is Rivers. Replace him with an young, athletic, mobile QB and the so-called curse will magically disappear...
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
If the Chargers somehow luck into Darnold or Rosen (very real possibility now with their record and upcoming schedule) next year and dump Rivers and maybe even Lynn if he continues to make rookie mistakes, they'll rebound on AND off the field with the USC or UCLA fans they'll draw in. The talent is there on defense and with the offensive skill positions. Draft a QB in the 1st round + continue to build on defense with remaining picks, bring back a healthy 2017 1st rounder in Mike Williams + 2nd rounder in Forrest Lamp to boost the interior OL, and that team is ready to roll in 2018.

The one constant on all these failed Chargers teams the last decade is Rivers. Replace him with an young, athletic, mobile QB and the so-called curse will magically disappear...

That might be smart, which is what the Chargers won't do. Maybe they'll draft another WR #1 instead of filling holes in their lineup. Rivers is far and away not the problem of the team.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:

did you watch the game? Washington was leading 21-0 late in the 3rd Quarter, and fumbled twice (muffed punt and Perine fumble) inside their own 20 yard line which allowed Raiders to score their 10 points. It was 24-10 with most of the 4th Quarter to play when I posted the comment.

Yeah, I watched it. I mean, raiders were never really in this game from the start.

Also thought WAS should have gone for it on 4th and 1 before the half for a long FG try.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

That might be smart, which is what the Chargers won't do. Maybe they'll draft another WR #1 instead of filling holes in their lineup. Rivers is far and away not the problem of the team.

Unfortunately, I've watched almost every Chargers' game to some extent the last decade, being an SD native. I can say with confidence that people saying Rivers isn't the problem all these years IS actually the biggest problem. He's been good- even REALLY good in the old days - just not great. And it takes a great QB to consistently win games and go to the playoffs when the rest of the roster is average, which has been the case since the days of LT and prime Gates. He never turned into that guy. Sure, he's always been able to put up numbers with the best of them, but when the game really counts is when he's been at his worst the last few years.

And now he's old, even slower than before, and scarred by years of bad supporting casts with the poor habits he developed as proof. The rest of the roster actually isn't even half bad anymore. There aren't many holes on offense, even the line has held up well so far this season, and the defense has been holding their own for the most part behind one of the best pass rushes in the league. But if keeps missing wide open receivers, throwing the ball to the wrong team (especially late in games), and yelling at everyone but himself for these mistakes, none of that matters.

So I'm all aboard the Darnold/Rosen Express now, and buying low on Chargers stock this year. They may be terrible the rest of the season, could even push the Browns for worst record, but get a young, franchise QB on this team and things will turn around pretty fast next year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

It was a very Chargers move to let Brees go when he finally looked like he was getting the hang of things in the NFL. Looking back on that move, everything worked out Brees won a Super Bowl and become an elite QB in the NFL for a period of time, while the Chargers suffered playopff defeats year after year and failed to meet expectations even though they had the talent to go much further in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 37 of 115
Jump to: