2017-18 NFL Thread - Eagles Defeat the Evil Empire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 113, 114, 115  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 7381

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
In the second half, Marcus Mariota made plays. Alex Smith did not. It was that simple. I am upgrading my assessment of Mariota. When he had to complete some passes, he put the ball right on the money.


It's likely they play the Pats next week and the Titans do not have a chance.
_________________
Just when the world thinks you can't do something, go and show the world you can.

Follow me on twitter @FreddieBuckets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 11312
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

Man, I would be pissed off if I were a Chiefs fan. Another blown lead? Another loss in the playoffs at home, their 6th in a row? Another playoff loss as a heavy favorite? How does Kareem Hunt receive 5 carries in the final 48 minutes of the game, a game they were ahead almost throughout, and a game in which Kelce missed the entire 2nd half? The Chiefs couldn't have asked for a better draw here; as playoff teams go, the Titans aren't a particularly good one. The Chiefs are 1-11 in their last 12 playoff games, by the way.

Andy Reid just cannot get out of his own way. He's such a good coach when it comes to overall scheming and game-planning, but there's just a disconnect in big games somehow. And if Nagy was calling all the plays today, well, Reid is still the head coach, and it's just completely inexcusable that he didn't make it clear that the league's leading rusher has to get the ball more than 5 times in the final 48 minutes. You have to get the ball to your team's best players, and this should something that we all learn in Sports 101. (We all took that class, right?)

Oh, also, it's time to begin the Mahomes Era in KC. Alex Smith may have had a great year, but he absolutely reverted back to old, panicking Alex Smith in critical moments of that game, particularly on 3rd downs. He has this habit of running for his life at the first sign of the pocket collapsing, but instead of moving to buy time for a receiver to get open and make the pass, he just immediately runs to avoid the sack, and doesn't look to keep the play going. I think he did that three times in the 4th quarter on 3rd down, where he dropped back to pass, there was pressure, and he immediately just took off up the middle and ended up getting no gain or a yard gain or something. Teams will still give up a lot to get a QB who wins in the regular season, and the Chiefs would be wise to just take those picks (or 1 high pick, if that's what it is) and turn the team over to Mahomes.
_________________
My body is ready: we're signing LeBron and PG, re-signing Randle, getting Lopez to take the room exception, and trading Deng with two 1st's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 19976

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

The Patriots decline to give the Texans permission to interview their executives for the GM position.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21991656/new-england-patriots-reject-houston-texans-request-interview-top-executives-gm-job

This would seem to confirm the fact that Rick Smith's leave of absence is not just some short-term thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 7435
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Jalen Ramsey is a beast. Obviously a catch, Romo's blind
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 29435

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

That was a chore to watch.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 7435
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
That was a chore to watch.....


Bad QB's facing good defenses tend to result in boring games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Tyrod Taylor is a game manager. Definitely not someone you want in a game-winning drive and it showed. Both passing games were horrendous so about in line with expectations. This was a defensive struggle but ultimately Buffalo had the worse D (especially after they traded away Marcell Dareus, I think they were listed as the worst run D in the league post-trade).
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 7435
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Tyrod Taylor is a game manager. Definitely not someone you want in a game-winning drive and it showed. Both passing games were horrendous so about in line with expectations. This was a defensive struggle but ultimately Buffalo had the worse D (especially after they traded away Marcell Dareus, I think they were listed as the worst run D in the league post-trade).


They were. Handled Fournette fine, but I'm sure some of those linemen and LB's will have nightmares of Bortles somehow running circles around them this offseason. 87 passing, 88 rushing just like they drew it up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 29435

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

If the Jags show up with that offensive production, Steelers will easily take care of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
If the Jags show up with that offensive production, Steelers will easily take care of them.


The issue with the Steelers is, if they turn the ball over, their offense gets stuck and they lose, something the Jags can do. Pressure Big Ben and (bleep) will hit the fan. It could be very possible the GW TD comes from a pick six.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 11312
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
If the Jags show up with that offensive production, Steelers will easily take care of them.


The issue with the Steelers is, if they turn the ball over, their offense gets stuck and they lose, something the Jags can do. Pressure Big Ben and (bleep) will hit the fan. It could be very possible the GW TD comes from a pick six.


I think Pittsburgh will wax them. The Jags' offense is a mess right now.
_________________
My body is ready: we're signing LeBron and PG, re-signing Randle, getting Lopez to take the room exception, and trading Deng with two 1st's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
If the Jags show up with that offensive production, Steelers will easily take care of them.


The issue with the Steelers is, if they turn the ball over, their offense gets stuck and they lose, something the Jags can do. Pressure Big Ben and (bleep) will hit the fan. It could be very possible the GW TD comes from a pick six.


I think Pittsburgh will wax them. The Jags' offense is a mess right now.


I think that's what most people thought earlier on in the season. But then the Jagoffs waxed the Steelers with D. Steelers have won very close games against very terrible teams, teams they should've outclassed. Jags offense is a mess but all it takes is a good run game for them and Pitt is missing their top MLB. On paper Pittsburgh has a strong offense but it has been a wildly in-game inconsistent one.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 125392
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Drew Brees with an almost perfect half of football.
_________________
LG NBA Playoff pool:

1. pjiddy
2. VLF
2. Diando
2. adtz
2. rebirth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 11312
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
If the Jags show up with that offensive production, Steelers will easily take care of them.


The issue with the Steelers is, if they turn the ball over, their offense gets stuck and they lose, something the Jags can do. Pressure Big Ben and (bleep) will hit the fan. It could be very possible the GW TD comes from a pick six.


I think Pittsburgh will wax them. The Jags' offense is a mess right now.


I think that's what most people thought earlier on in the season. But then the Jagoffs waxed the Steelers with D. Steelers have won very close games against very terrible teams, teams they should've outclassed. Jags offense is a mess but all it takes is a good run game for them and Pitt is missing their top MLB. On paper Pittsburgh has a strong offense but it has been a wildly in-game inconsistent one.


It's one thing for the Jags to go into Pittsburgh and win a game early in the regular season. Next week will be another matter entirely.
_________________
My body is ready: we're signing LeBron and PG, re-signing Randle, getting Lopez to take the room exception, and trading Deng with two 1st's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
If the Jags show up with that offensive production, Steelers will easily take care of them.


The issue with the Steelers is, if they turn the ball over, their offense gets stuck and they lose, something the Jags can do. Pressure Big Ben and (bleep) will hit the fan. It could be very possible the GW TD comes from a pick six.


I think Pittsburgh will wax them. The Jags' offense is a mess right now.


I think that's what most people thought earlier on in the season. But then the Jagoffs waxed the Steelers with D. Steelers have won very close games against very terrible teams, teams they should've outclassed. Jags offense is a mess but all it takes is a good run game for them and Pitt is missing their top MLB. On paper Pittsburgh has a strong offense but it has been a wildly in-game inconsistent one.


It's one thing for the Jags to go into Pittsburgh and win a game early in the regular season. Next week will be another matter entirely.


Not just win, but absolute annihilation. That difference has to figure very strongly with both teams.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 7435
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Defensive back got greedy, couldn't resist picking Brees. idiot

muscle memory's a (bleep)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 29435

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Panthers had the opportunity to win the game and blew it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22165

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Sean Payton should be damn glad that call didn't cost the Saints.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

The young secondary looked green. Hopefully they step it up in the next series because they can't afford to play like this again. Cam's not a good QB so they got lucky with some of their poor coverages.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22165

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

You think Case Keenum is going to be better vs this Defense?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
You think Case Keenum is going to be better vs this Defense?


Two weaknesses I see in this Saints defense: defending TE's and inside routes with slot WR's/RB's against the #2 and 3 CB's. Vikes have a pretty decent one in Kyle Rudolph and they work very well inside.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22165

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

I would love for the Vikings to beat the Saints but I don't see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9540

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Itís weird, because while the Jags killed the Steelers a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh, it just feels like the Jags have absolutely no chance in hell next week. They looked really bad the last couple weeks of the regular season, and I donít think they looked good at all today, despite the win. Their defense is good, no doubt, but their offense is just trash.

Iíd bet the house on a Steelers/Pats AFCCG at this point
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22165

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Because the postseason isn't the same as the regular season.

Of course its going to be the Pats/Steelers AFC Title game.. again.

Nobody else currently incites fear in the AFC but those two teams.

(If the Ravens could pull it together maybe them)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22165

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Go NFC preferably Falcons/Vikings the only two teams left I don't actively dislike already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 80 of 115
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB