2017-18 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 8450
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Guard or safety is next biggest need for my Phins. Or Caleb Brantley if the FO has no faith anymore in Jordan Phillips and want to gamble.


You'll get a CB and like it! Haha.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19949
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Guard or safety is next biggest need for my Phins. Or Caleb Brantley if the FO has no faith anymore in Jordan Phillips and want to gamble.


You'll get a CB and like it! Haha.


That's not bad. I was never sold on Xavier Howard and this could provide some camp competition. Heck, loser could end up at safety anyways.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Grind
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 7061
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Guard or safety is next biggest need for my Phins. Or Caleb Brantley if the FO has no faith anymore in Jordan Phillips and want to gamble.


Kind of bummed out we passed up Lamp and Jabrill in the 1st. Foster would've also been a gutsy BPA type pick. I don't know much about Harris, but he wasn't too high on many experts' radars. Couldn't help but conjure up Jared Odrick flashbacks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19949
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Guard or safety is next biggest need for my Phins. Or Caleb Brantley if the FO has no faith anymore in Jordan Phillips and want to gamble.


Kind of bummed out we passed up Lamp and Jabrill in the 1st. Foster would've also been a gutsy BPA type pick. I don't know much about Harris, but he wasn't too high on many experts' radars. Couldn't help but conjure up Jared Odrick flashbacks.


He has first round talent. But what galled me was that I think we still could have gotten him or a comparable player to fill a need (Peppers, Lamp) if we had traded down. Grier mentioned he received several offers to trade down but refused to even listen. Could've gotten more picks in a particularly deep draft.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 7755
Location: London

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject:

Quite pleased with day 2 for my Bolts. Think Lamp was an excellent pick, very good value, was a need, and best player available. Lynn said they were initially trying to trade up to get him, but turns out he fell into their laps anyway without having to. Don't mind Feeney in the third either, think it's decent value and he will be competent, don't see a pro-bowler, but he will likely be a serviceable starter at guard, and gives us some badly needed depth.

Cleveland have done really well so far. While everyone else is climbing over each other to get QBs, they accumulate assets then grab their guy anyway.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30387

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

Day 3 about to commence, a few interesting players still on the board, most notable names are Carl Lawson and Jake Butt.

Lots of decent TEs remain (Butt, Hodges, Kittle off the top of my head) and in fact there will probably be some quality UDFA TEs afterward.

New England will probably look for the best available athlete, with a bias towards SS and interior OL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 14214
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

Oh, damn! Trubisky got booed when he showed up at the Bulls game.

LINK
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 14095

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

Read some draft grades. I personally don't know much about this draft class, but people seemed to think Rams did poorly and reached for most of their picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9379

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Quite pleased with day 2 for my Bolts. Think Lamp was an excellent pick, very good value, was a need, and best player available. Lynn said they were initially trying to trade up to get him, but turns out he fell into their laps anyway without having to. Don't mind Feeney in the third either, think it's decent value and he will be competent, don't see a pro-bowler, but he will likely be a serviceable starter at guard, and gives us some badly needed depth.

Cleveland have done really well so far. While everyone else is climbing over each other to get QBs, they accumulate assets then grab their guy anyway.

The O-line looks REALLY solid next year with Okung, Slauson and then Feeney and Lamp. RT still a bit of a question mark though.

Love our 5th rounder, Desmond King. Won the Thorpe award in 2015.

Wonder if we look at a RB in the last 2 rounds. Maybe even Nathan Peterman if he's still there at our 6th rounder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15872
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

Bucs like those blue turf running backs
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 8450
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

The Chargers have done a nice job. I still would've taken Hooker at 7, but as long as Williams ends up being very good, they will be happy. If he isn't, they will regret passing on not just Hooker but other premium defensive players that were there like Lattimore and Allen.

I also like what the Colts have done. They got Hooker so you know I like that, but they have gotten highly-graded players that have filled needs, and I even like their choice of Marlon Mack today. He could be their starting RB next season, and they got him on Day 3.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1150

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Chargers have done a nice job. I still would've taken Hooker at 7, but as long as Williams ends up being very good, they will be happy. If he isn't, they will regret passing on not just Hooker but other premium defensive players that were there like Lattimore and Allen.

I also like what the Colts have done. They got Hooker so you know I like that, but they have gotten highly-graded players that have filled needs, and I even like their choice of Marlon Mack today. He could be their starting RB next season, and they got him on Day 3.


As a Colts fan, I was thrilled with this draft. Hooker was a steal at #15, and Wilson will likely start, as well. Defense should be better than last season (30th), and the Mack attack is just gravy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19949
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Finally got an OG and it's a pretty good one. Godchaux was someone I thought would go in the 3rd so getting him in the 6th is nice value. Interesting that both DT picks list their favorite DT as Ndamukong Suh...
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Grind
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 7061
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Finally got an OG and it's a pretty good one. Godchaux was someone I thought would go in the 3rd so getting him in the 6th is nice value. Interesting that both DT picks list their favorite DT as Ndamukong Suh...


Gotta keep Ryan healthy and open up them lanes for Big Jay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 121605
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Good draft by my Saints. Got the top rated O lineman and the top rated pass rusher. And also Adrian Peterson.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 8450
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good draft by my Saints. Got the top rated O lineman and the top rated pass rusher. And also Adrian Peterson.


The top-rated pass rusher? Also, although Ramczyk has upside, there was no clear consensus as to which guy was the best OL.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15872
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good draft by my Saints. Got the top rated O lineman and the top rated pass rusher. And also Adrian Peterson.


still do not understand why the Bucs showed no interest in AP....Jameis was campaigning for him after they spent the summer training together, and we are short in the backfield with Doug Martin being suspended for the first 3 games.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 8450
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Good draft by my Saints. Got the top rated O lineman and the top rated pass rusher. And also Adrian Peterson.


still do not understand why the Bucs showed no interest in AP....Jameis was campaigning for him after they spent the summer training together, and we are short in the backfield with Doug Martin being suspended for the first 3 games.


TB drafted Boise State's Jeremy McNichols in the 5th round, and he could help. I think they think they can get through the first 3 games with Rodgers, Sims, and possibly McNichols. For what it's worth, multiple sources have said that Doug Martin has looked fantastic in offseason workouts.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 7755
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Moses wrote:
Quite pleased with day 2 for my Bolts. Think Lamp was an excellent pick, very good value, was a need, and best player available. Lynn said they were initially trying to trade up to get him, but turns out he fell into their laps anyway without having to. Don't mind Feeney in the third either, think it's decent value and he will be competent, don't see a pro-bowler, but he will likely be a serviceable starter at guard, and gives us some badly needed depth.

Cleveland have done really well so far. While everyone else is climbing over each other to get QBs, they accumulate assets then grab their guy anyway.

The O-line looks REALLY solid next year with Okung, Slauson and then Feeney and Lamp. RT still a bit of a question mark though.

Love our 5th rounder, Desmond King. Won the Thorpe award in 2015.

Wonder if we look at a RB in the last 2 rounds. Maybe even Nathan Peterman if he's still there at our 6th rounder


Yeah, the OL looks much improved, add Tuerk to that list too, with him not playing his rookie season due to injury it's like an extra rookie, but who knows, maybe he could be ok. Got Orlando Frankln & Joe Barksdale too, so we have more depth than in previous years.

Desmond King was a great value pick, but people question his speed, perhaps we drafted him as a safety. Would've liked a DL pick, as moving to a 4-3 means we probably need a bit more depth than we currently have, but maybe we look at any players to get cut by their teams before start of season.
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19949
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject:

Conor McDermott goes to the Patsies and Jayon Brown goes to the Titans. A few other Bruins showing up on UDFA signings for Denver, Houston, Jacksonville, Rams.

The Grind wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Finally got an OG and it's a pretty good one. Godchaux was someone I thought would go in the 3rd so getting him in the 6th is nice value. Interesting that both DT picks list their favorite DT as Ndamukong Suh...


Gotta keep Ryan healthy and open up them lanes for Big Jay.


Yep. I don't know if Ajayi can sustain his level of performance because he is due for an injury soon. But it shouldn't be the OL's fault here.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Grind
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 7061
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Conor McDermott goes to the Patsies and Jayon Brown goes to the Titans. A few other Bruins showing up on UDFA signings for Denver, Houston, Jacksonville, Rams.

The Grind wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Finally got an OG and it's a pretty good one. Godchaux was someone I thought would go in the 3rd so getting him in the 6th is nice value. Interesting that both DT picks list their favorite DT as Ndamukong Suh...


Gotta keep Ryan healthy and open up them lanes for Big Jay.


Yep. I don't know if Ajayi can sustain his level of performance because he is due for an injury soon. But it shouldn't be the OL's fault here.


Ajayi will be OK as long as Gase keeps his carries at a reasonable rate. Kenyan Drake needs way more touches this year. He is Reggie Bush like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 2175

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good draft by my Saints. Got the top rated O lineman and the top rated pass rusher. And also Adrian Peterson.


AP's 33 years old. He'll be lucky if he makes it through the year.

They've got Drew Brees, though. Just need to improve that D and they can maybe fight for a wildcard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9379

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Moses wrote:
Quite pleased with day 2 for my Bolts. Think Lamp was an excellent pick, very good value, was a need, and best player available. Lynn said they were initially trying to trade up to get him, but turns out he fell into their laps anyway without having to. Don't mind Feeney in the third either, think it's decent value and he will be competent, don't see a pro-bowler, but he will likely be a serviceable starter at guard, and gives us some badly needed depth.

Cleveland have done really well so far. While everyone else is climbing over each other to get QBs, they accumulate assets then grab their guy anyway.

The O-line looks REALLY solid next year with Okung, Slauson and then Feeney and Lamp. RT still a bit of a question mark though.

Love our 5th rounder, Desmond King. Won the Thorpe award in 2015.

Wonder if we look at a RB in the last 2 rounds. Maybe even Nathan Peterman if he's still there at our 6th rounder


Yeah, the OL looks much improved, add Tuerk to that list too, with him not playing his rookie season due to injury it's like an extra rookie, but who knows, maybe he could be ok. Got Orlando Frankln & Joe Barksdale too, so we have more depth than in previous years.

Desmond King was a great value pick, but people question his speed, perhaps we drafted him as a safety. Would've liked a DL pick, as moving to a 4-3 means we probably need a bit more depth than we currently have, but maybe we look at any players to get cut by their teams before start of season.

Forgot about Tuerk, he has some good tape in college. What they do with the interior line will be interesting; one odd man out b/w Feeney, Tuerk, Slauson, and Lamp (and it probably won't be Slauson).

As far as Franklin and Barksdale go, they're both expensive, neither played well last year, and both would be dead money against the cap if they get cut IIRC. My hope is that someone desperate for O-line help at at the end of camp gives us a 4th or 5th for one of them, and perhaps we can sign one of another team's cuts for more T depth.

I also think they drafted King and Jenkins hoping they'll be the starting SS/FS of the future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19949
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Lotta people questioned John Lynch's hire as GM but he absolutely ripped off Ryan Pace and the Bears. Actually, not just ripped off, Pace bent over and spread em on his own.

Doug Whaley got canned right after the draft. Probably was already a lame duck by then considering his moves like wasting a 1st on the likes of EJ Manuel.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9379

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Lotta people questioned John Lynch's hire as GM but he absolutely ripped off Ryan Pace and the Bears. Actually, not just ripped off, Pace bent over and spread em on his own.

Doug Whaley got canned right after the draft. Probably was already a lame duck by then considering his moves like wasting a 1st on the likes of EJ Manuel.

I nearly spit out my beer when they announced what the Bears gave up

2 3rd's and a 4th is absolutely nuts to move up 1 spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 15 of 70
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB