If we somehow get the No.1 pick in the draft do we trade it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
We are stuck with Mozgov and Deng's contracts. There is no point trying to build a contender while those 2 contracts are hampering us and the bulk of our talent too young to make any serious impact. Get another young player and by the time Russell/Randle/Ingram/pick hit their primes we will have stars(hopefully) on good deals and be off the Deng/Mozgov contract to be able to pick up a true superstar.

We are not stuck, contracts like Mozgov and Deng can be packaged with a top pick, they are proven vets that are still + NBA players, that's the upside to working through our very young teams development
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1977 wrote:
deal wrote:
Butler, I'm in. Cousins? No way, he's just to much of a distraction, hope he stays in SAC...

The best available big man is always a priority, I think with our SF and PF positions developing nicely a center who can defend, score, and is probably considered the best statistical center in today's game is no doubt going to be given anything he wants in Sacramento, but if he wants out of Sacramento, and he just may, a move down the coast is entirely possible, we just have to sell him on a team first, championship mindset instead of a fat paycheck and playoff futility

The problem Cousins is not that bright, and second we don't if it will be enough to take down that team in Oakland.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

No, Fultz has tremendous potential and our team is still young. IMO cashing in the number one pick for a star player doesn't make sense right now because our young bucks aren't ready.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1977 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
We are stuck with Mozgov and Deng's contracts. There is no point trying to build a contender while those 2 contracts are hampering us and the bulk of our talent too young to make any serious impact. Get another young player and by the time Russell/Randle/Ingram/pick hit their primes we will have stars(hopefully) on good deals and be off the Deng/Mozgov contract to be able to pick up a true superstar.

We are not stuck, contracts like Mozgov and Deng can be packaged with a top pick, they are proven vets that are still + NBA players, that's the upside to working through our very young teams development

Who the hell wants those two if they were expiring contracts maybe.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1977 wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Which star falls in line with our young players timeline? And which star is willing to wait?
eznoh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball!
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

I think it depends what you get offered for the pick? With this year's draft being guard heavy you have to ask a couple of things - do the Lakers see Russell as the future? And if so will a Fultz or Ball be able to play alongside him?
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

The only player rumored on the trade block I would even consider would be Paul George. No to Cousins and no to Butler.
kbitboc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I will draft Fultz and try to trade Russell. Too bad I don't think you can get much for Russell now.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Trade it, we have enough players we need to develop, unless we are getting a player in the draft that has LeBron or Jordan potential

I don't know if we have a better prospect than Fultz.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: If we somehow get the No.1 pick in the draft do we trade it?

LakerFan1977 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
LakerFan1977 wrote:
I know we will probably have a less than 15% chance of getting the number 1 pick, but if fate decides to bless up with the No. 1 pick, I wondering if the front office would trade it for a team that obsessed with whoever we can choose at No.1 and will trade a great addition to our team or use it as ultimate bargaining chip, granted we are pretty much assured a top 4 pick so this scenario works out on multiple levels, we of course are "due" for a winning season next year, I just think that even a sign and trade to get Mr. TDM (triple double machine) Russell Westbrook, and with Magic advocating the smartest basketball reasons possible I'm sure these rebuilding years with all make sense with a few key signings to bring us back to the promise land!

I think the Russell Westbrook thing has sailed besides he wants to prove a point to KD about loyalty thus why he's stay in OKC.

Thunder playoff success is going south and Westbrook signed on another 2years to prove team loyalty, isn't he a restricted free agent after this season? The Thunder are a 7th seed and slipping further away every season, The Lakers on the other hand have shown glimpses of a potentially potent playoff team with the addition of two superstar/veteran players, plus we could still have another top 3 pick trade bait or simply build up another phenom, actually the way its looking is we probably can do both, wont we have enough cap space to sign two max players next year, BTW we are only 5games out of playoff contention, we have made great strides this season and its looking brighter and brighter
there's no reason to run and get westbrook even if he was free if Fultz is available. He is westrbrook with a jumper. out of college. id you can't tell he has that elite ability to score along with that elite handle along with that elite footwork off the bounce, along with that elite athleticism. you give fultz a few years and you will have a scoring guard that can knock down shots but is good enough to pass to the open guy and make nice passes when need be since he started off as a PG. even though his mentality is to score.

the only issue with fultz is the question of "does he make his teammates better? Doesnt look like it. not a knock on him. because he could ball out on a solid team and help the team become a better team as a whole in the nba. but if he were on a bad team. i dont think how he plays would elevate said team with the way he plays at the moment vs L. ball from UCLA> makes his teammates better instantly. But he doesnt have the scoring ability and ridiculous athleticism of a fultz off the bounce. the question is. which would the lakers need most? i dont know. we all want that super athlete. because we dont have one outside of nance and maybe randle. we want that super athletic perimeter player that has the ability to blow by someone and jump on their head. thats fultz.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
The only player rumored on the trade block I would even consider would be Paul George. No to Cousins and no to Butler.

Is Paul George even who we need anymore? Seems like he never made it over the proverbial hump into stardom, 3 or 4 years ago it seemed like he was destined to be great, but he doesn't seem to have improved much if at all since than and is in that muddled middle of talented guys imo.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Trade it, we have enough players we need to develop, unless we are getting a player in the draft that has LeBron or Jordan potential

I don't know if we have a better prospect than Fultz.

We don't have a better prospect than Fultz or Ball.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

U draft Ball and u trade Russell. But like someone mentioned I don't think u can get much for Rus at this time.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
U draft Ball and u trade Russell. But like someone mentioned I don't think u can get much for Rus at this time.

You know Russell can play SG which is his true position plus we might lose Nick Young this off season. Sometimes you'll don't know how to come up with simple solutions.
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I keep the draft pick every day of the week. Fultz or Ball would be a great addition to this team. Westbrook is a great player, top 3-5 player in league, but man I worry about him after he starts to decline. I am not a fan of Cousins, to much baggage. I like Butler, but I doubt Chicago drops him for anything. PG13 I would be tempted with. But again, Fultz or Ball is better than anyone we have now.
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Boldarblood wrote:
I keep the draft pick every day of the week. Fultz or Ball would be a great addition to this team. Westbrook is a great player, top 3-5 player in league, but man I worry about him after he starts to decline. I am not a fan of Cousins, to much baggage. I like Butler, but I doubt Chicago drops him for anything. PG13 I would be tempted with. But again, Fultz or Ball is better than anyone we have now.

Ill agree that Fultz could be as good or better than DeAngelo but does that mean sign him just to have two talents at one position? I don't think that's the smartest move, if its for a move that signals a change in team philosophy that's yet to be seen
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1977 wrote:
Boldarblood wrote:

Ill agree that Fultz could be as good or better than DeAngelo but does that mean sign him just to have two talents at one position? I don't think that's the smartest move, if its for a move that signals a change in team philosophy that's yet to be seen

You know DeAngelo can play more than one position remember he was a SG in college.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

What if Philly really wanted that PG and was willing to do a S&T of Noel, the right to switch draft picks with Sacramento in 2017, and one of their second rounders in 2018?
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Fultz and DeAngelo in the backcourt is a very interested thought, its does make sense from a team chemistry standpoint and developing them together could take a few years but the benefits would be the potential of not necessarily needing Westbrook to become elite, we would of rebuilt in a textbook style with an old Tinsel Town feel good of back in the spotlight of great teams, Id say L.A. is ready for the blossoming of the next great team in purple and gold!
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Fultz Ingram Randle Zubac would be the future!
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Keep it. Trade Russell and Randle for Jimmy Butler.

2017-2018 line-up:

Fultz
Butler
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

Good mix of offense and defense.

Bench:

Mozgov
Deng
JC
Black
Lou
Blackhart217
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:

2017-2018 line-up:

Fultz
Butler
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

Bench:

Mozgov
Deng
JC
Black
Lou

Don't see myself trading #1 under any circumstances barring some pipedream deal, but would do that Bulls deal in a second if they would lol.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Pair this #1 with Dlo, Zubac, Randle and Ingram, there might be an alpha dog that wants to sign max to run with those 5. Use JC and/or Nance to Pair with our bigger contracts to clear salary if need to then fill in the squad
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:

2017-2018 line-up:

Fultz
Butler
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

Bench:

Mozgov
Deng
JC
Black
Lou

You know any talk for Bulter will start with that draft pick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: