Paul George Not Ready To Commit To Extension With Pacers; Demarcus Cousins wants to sign long-term contract with Kings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 3445
Location: Studio City

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
got to learn to crawl before we can walk. I was hoping our FA acquisitions this past offseason would get us very near or into the playoffs - if that were happening i would say, yeah, we could be in the running for a trade or a top FA acquisition this coming season. But our cap-space seems to have been pretty much wasted. and were back to square one - with less cap space.
Lakers FO sucks now. Surprised they haven't cleaned house.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 18189
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Magic already wondering how he can get George to look longingly at other teams...in a Laker uniform!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 14937
Location: SFV

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Lol. 0 relevance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9036

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

lol why is this in laker lounge. Lakers have 0 chance at PG
_________________
tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 22569

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
We need to be a winning team if that's going to happen. So we'd need to be a winning team by 2018.


Well if we're jettisoning any semblance of talent in hopes of a lottery pick this off-season, the chances of a winning team by 2018 is next to zero.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Purp&Gold
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Posts: 1581
Location: Long Beach, Ca

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is PG's idol. *same number 24*
PG is a so cal kid
PG likes Brian Shaw *said he helped him become a star in Indiana*

but I still don't think he comes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fansincemagic
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 8502

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject:

Things that have to happen for PG13 to be REMOTELY possible...

1. George demands a trade (and even presses to be the man in LA). Indy is seriously scared that he will just walk away the following year...somewhere.

2. The Lakers land a top 3 pick for the trade, they take BPA

3. As Free Agency begins, Blake Griffin's camp hears from PG13's that they should team up in LA with Magic and Co.

After all that, it would take a sincere admiration for a guy like DLO for these two to be elated with him to build around. It's going to be hard to see them getting fair value from Indy for the potential vs production of Ingram and Zubac. That may be the hardest part of this scenario, not possibly beating the odds for the pick but LA giving those two up. You can try your best to deal something like:

Randle
Top 3 pick
Clarkson
1st from a Lou Williams trade
Black under his team option

Indy demands Ingram be included and then they're playing chicken. It would really be a need, but for the sake of fantasy lets say Indy falls in love with the guy LA drafts in this scenario maybe its Fultz at 1 and gets it done.

DLO/Space exception/2nd rounder
George/Vet min
(Ingram?)/Deng/vet min
Griffin/Nance
Zubac/Mozgov/vet min

Sounds like pipe for now, but if things come together we can start arguing if Fultz is untouchable or if Ingram/Randle/Clarkson/1st is too much. I'd love to see that roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 27203

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

Indy is willing to trade away their first round draft pick so I don't see this happening. I think PG13 will resign with Indy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 960

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Things that have to happen for PG13 to be REMOTELY possible...

1. George demands a trade (and even presses to be the man in LA). Indy is seriously scared that he will just walk away the following year...somewhere.

2. The Lakers land a top 3 pick for the trade, they take BPA

3. As Free Agency begins, Blake Griffin's camp hears from PG13's that they should team up in LA with Magic and Co.

After all that, it would take a sincere admiration for a guy like DLO for these two to be elated with him to build around. It's going to be hard to see them getting fair value from Indy for the potential vs production of Ingram and Zubac. That may be the hardest part of this scenario, not possibly beating the odds for the pick but LA giving those two up. You can try your best to deal something like:

Randle
Top 3 pick
Clarkson
1st from a Lou Williams trade
Black under his team option

Indy demands Ingram be included and then they're playing chicken. It would really be a need, but for the sake of fantasy lets say Indy falls in love with the guy LA drafts in this scenario maybe its Fultz at 1 and gets it done.

DLO/Space exception/2nd rounder
George/Vet min
(Ingram?)/Deng/vet min
Griffin/Nance
Zubac/Mozgov/vet min

Sounds like pipe for now, but if things come together we can start arguing if Fultz is untouchable or if Ingram/Randle/Clarkson/1st is too much. I'd love to see that roster.

The only way I see PG13 comes to Lakers is via free agency. Like what LeBron did when he went back to Cleveland. Then we use the prospect we have to trade for another star player, hypothetically using Clarkson, Randle and Fultz. That's the only way to satisfy PG13's desire of building a contender.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25357

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject:

Next year HAS to be a breakout year for the youngins. We need to be about .500
Then you could think with more growth + PG = contenders in a couple years
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25357

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

@nbaonespnradio
"I wear my Olympic ring on a chain because that's the best I felt part of a team." -Paul George #NBAAllStar

well damn, he want a ring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10359

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@nbaonespnradio
"I wear my Olympic ring on a chain because that's the best I felt part of a team." -Paul George #NBAAllStar

well damn, he want a ring.
he's gonna end up in like Cleveland and LG is gonna be up in flames
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25357

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@nbaonespnradio
"I wear my Olympic ring on a chain because that's the best I felt part of a team." -Paul George #NBAAllStar

well damn, he want a ring.
he's gonna end up in like Cleveland and LG is gonna be up in flames


I can see him teaming up with like, Jimmy Butler in Miami or something. Both of those guys like a poppin city. Butler got movies to do, PG got strippers to impregnate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 15895

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@nbaonespnradio
"I wear my Olympic ring on a chain because that's the best I felt part of a team." -Paul George #NBAAllStar

well damn, he want a ring.
he's gonna end up in like Cleveland and LG is gonna be up in flames


I can see him teaming up with like, Jimmy Butler in Miami or something. Both of those guys like a poppin city. Butler got movies to do, PG got strippers to impregnate



_________________
I play video games while rapping, its...an experience..lol
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJaL5nBD_NXUivus7AmqFg

I still love you my son
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10359

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@nbaonespnradio
"I wear my Olympic ring on a chain because that's the best I felt part of a team." -Paul George #NBAAllStar

well damn, he want a ring.
he's gonna end up in like Cleveland and LG is gonna be up in flames


I can see him teaming up with like, Jimmy Butler in Miami or something. Both of those guys like a poppin city. Butler got movies to do, PG got strippers to impregnate

I think Jimmy's contract ends after PG is a free agent. Maybe if he teams up with Boogie but I doubt they win a ring together.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 79547

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@nbaonespnradio
"I wear my Olympic ring on a chain because that's the best I felt part of a team." -Paul George #NBAAllStar

well damn, he want a ring.
he's gonna end up in like Cleveland and LG is gonna be up in flames


I can see him teaming up with like, Jimmy Butler in Miami or something. Both of those guys like a poppin city. Butler got movies to do, PG got strippers to impregnate


Just like ATMs, there are strippers in every city.
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC traded for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space (2 stars get 28.8m each)
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space (2 stars get full max)

#capstinence
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25357

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@nbaonespnradio
"I wear my Olympic ring on a chain because that's the best I felt part of a team." -Paul George #NBAAllStar

well damn, he want a ring.
he's gonna end up in like Cleveland and LG is gonna be up in flames


I can see him teaming up with like, Jimmy Butler in Miami or something. Both of those guys like a poppin city. Butler got movies to do, PG got strippers to impregnate




she's a queen bro https://www.instagram.com/p/BG3JwZ9BQTU/?taken-by=danielarajic&hl=en
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25357

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@nbaonespnradio
"I wear my Olympic ring on a chain because that's the best I felt part of a team." -Paul George #NBAAllStar

well damn, he want a ring.
he's gonna end up in like Cleveland and LG is gonna be up in flames


I can see him teaming up with like, Jimmy Butler in Miami or something. Both of those guys like a poppin city. Butler got movies to do, PG got strippers to impregnate


Just like ATMs, there are strippers in every city.


lmaooo yea..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VanderBlue'sJersey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

By the way, here's a great article from the Fresno Bee on Paul George:

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/nba/article133603839.html#emlnl=Breaking_News_Alerts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 4290
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Spurs are the most likely destination if he doesn't re-sign with the Pacers. Aldridge, Kawhi, and PG13 would be a scary big three with the Spurs system.
_________________
Manchester United Unmissable US Summer Tour 2017
Romelu Lukaku - Welcome to United!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 9310
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Let the George to LA pies to LA begin...
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 24646

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Next year HAS to be a breakout year for the youngins. We need to be about .500
Then you could think with more growth + PG = contenders in a couple years


I don't know if any of them will break out next year. But until a couple of them break out, we're not getting an established superstar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7025
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Spurs are the most likely destination if he doesn't re-sign with the Pacers. Aldridge, Kawhi, and PG13 would be a scary big three with the Spurs system.


I could see the Spurs going hard after CP3 and trying to trade Parker.
_________________
My current plan of attack:

Get involved in this Melo-to-Houston trade, making it a 4-teamer with MIL and us. Deng ends up going to the Knicks, who get picks from us and MIL; we absorb Monroe's expiring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 5696

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@nbaonespnradio
"I wear my Olympic ring on a chain because that's the best I felt part of a team." -Paul George #NBAAllStar

well damn, he want a ring.
he's gonna end up in like Cleveland and LG is gonna be up in flames


I can see him teaming up with like, Jimmy Butler in Miami or something. Both of those guys like a poppin city. Butler got movies to do, PG got strippers to impregnate


Just like ATMs, there are strippers in every city.


lmaooo yea..


umm, you guys talking like it's a bad thing. I support art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25357

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@nbaonespnradio
"I wear my Olympic ring on a chain because that's the best I felt part of a team." -Paul George #NBAAllStar

well damn, he want a ring.
he's gonna end up in like Cleveland and LG is gonna be up in flames


I can see him teaming up with like, Jimmy Butler in Miami or something. Both of those guys like a poppin city. Butler got movies to do, PG got strippers to impregnate


Just like ATMs, there are strippers in every city.


lmaooo yea..


umm, you guys talking like it's a bad thing. I support art


I view it as a sport, so, I also appreciate it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB