The key to Pelicans big man Anthony Davis gaining weight? Seafood

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: The key to Pelicans big man Anthony Davis gaining weight? Seafood

As a woman I tend to resent stories of how hard it is for a man to gain weight...

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/17/anthony-davis-seafood-weight-gain-new-orleans-pelicans-fear-personal-chef/

Quote:

The key to Pelicans big man Anthony Davis gaining weight? Seafood

Anthony Davis lives in New Orleans and plays for a team named after a coastal bird that loves fish and will pretty much eat anything from the sea. He also needed to put some weight on his frame, which after last summer has apparently continued to grow up to 6-foot-11.

So what was the answer?

According to a recent Wall Street Journal feature on Davis, seafood.

The only problem with that is Davis was not a guy who liked seafood. At all:

It wasn’t that long ago that Davis would have found glazed almon, broccoli florets and sweet potatoes as appetizing as a wad of paper. But he enjoyed this recent meal so much that it inspired him to anoint his personal chef the finest in all New Orleans. “Hands down,” Davis wrote.

That chef is named Will Jones. He’s from Louisiana and loves crawfish. Which is why he was stunned when Davis said he didn’t eat seafood. This, to him, was heresy. Jones took it upon himself to introduce New Orleans’s basketball star to its cuisine.

He started by serving him locally sourced rainbow trout. Then they moved onto salmon. “And salmon was a big hit,” he said. At that point he felt comfortable experimenting. Davis’s palate has expanded to appreciate oysters, king crag and shrimp — but only after its digestive tract has been de-veined.

Davis, 23, entered the league at 221 pounds. He’s had to play both the power forward and center position for New Orleans, and the team has tried to get him to put on weight. It’s worked, and he’s now listed on NBA.com at 253 pounds.

Eating things from the ocean is gross, but I’m glad Davis found his way past the smell and the sight of seafood to be able to beef himself up.

I’ll never understand it. Go Pelicans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

Best food in the world.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

I do like seafood never had New Orleans seafood but my dad used to go to New Orleans all the time on Business trips and he said the food was good.

My dad is very picky about American food.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

Cajun and creole seafood is great, but the best seafood I've had was in Seattle.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Eating things from the ocean is gross

cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Isn't that the kind of food that is supposed to not make you fat?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: The key to Pelicans big man Anthony Davis gaining weight? Seafood

Basketball Fan wrote:
As a woman I tend to resent stories of how hard it is for a man to gain weight...

As a Man, it is quite easy... too easy... unfortunately
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Nothing like a good bowl of gumbo or beignets.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Eating food that lives in water? Stuff that rusts iron, sinks battleships and fish git jiggy in, is gross. j/k

Sea food cooked Cajun style is very appetizing. I didn't know it could cause weight gain.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Nothing like a good bowl of gumbo or beignets.

Beignets are good they opened a "Another Broken Egg" cafe near my place and I got a free coupon for beignets as a promotional offer. They were good not something you should eat regularly though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Anthony Davis just gained 270lbs. If Boogie can keep his head on straight NO will give teams in the a run for a W.

I don't think they'll make the playoffs this season. They'll probably be a lotto team. They gave it away for Cousins. The addition of Damascus may cause some FA to want to play in NO.

I don't think Vlade was the one who made the trade for Cousins. I have a feeling Vivek Ranadivé was the impetus behind it. LINK

A change of scenery MAY affect Boogies attitude. It's going to be interesting starting Thursday.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

<<<Deleted by jodeke. Wrong thread>>>>

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Anthony Davis just gained 270lbs. If Boogie can keep his head on straight NO will give teams in the a run for a W.

I don't think they'll make the playoffs this season. They'll probably be a lotto team. They gave it away for Cousins. The addition of Damascus may cause some FA to want to play in NO.

I don't think Vlade was the one who made the trade for Cousins. I have a feeling Vivek Ranadivé was the impetus behind it. LINK

A change of scenery MAY affect Boogies attitude. It's going to be interesting starting Thursday.

Damn, AD got fat real quick.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Well, Louisiana has had the highest obesity rates in the country for some time now I think.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah! Adding cousins will do that to you.

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Living in NOLA, I don't think AD can complain about the food.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The addition of Damascus may cause some FA to want to play in NO.

Syrian refugees?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: