Cousins traded to Pelicans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TDRock
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 9065
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Oh man... That vid of Boogie crying while trying to speak at some type of press gathering... #thefeels
_________________
Thank you Mitch!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 7041

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.

_________________
The Professional Scorer - Lou Williams

LFR - The Long Road Toward a Respectable Laker Defense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14032

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 27182
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1



_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 2761

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1



you laugh but it will happen. What is curry? A guy who can hit a lot of threes and has a great cast around him for everything else. All he is doing is hitting threes. There are literally 10-20 players that can do the same right now. It will happen, it's very realistic. Curry is not doing anything that sets him that far apart from the likes of Lillard, irving, and ahandful of other 6'4" and under guards with elite shooting skills.
_________________
U+1F49C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 12898

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1



you laugh but it will happen. What is curry? A guy who can hit a lot of threes and has a great cast around him for everything else. All he is doing is hitting threes. There are literally 10-20 players that can do the same right now. It will happen, it's very realistic. Curry is not doing anything that sets him that far apart from the likes of Lillard, irving, and ahandful of other 6'4" and under guards with elite shooting skills.
Oh stop.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Apr 2001
Posts: 6216

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1



you laugh but it will happen. What is curry? A guy who can hit a lot of threes and has a great cast around him for everything else. All he is doing is hitting threes. There are literally 10-20 players that can do the same right now. It will happen, it's very realistic. Curry is not doing anything that sets him that far apart from the likes of Lillard, irving, and ahandful of other 6'4" and under guards with elite shooting skills.


Totally unbiased opinion, right? BTW weren't you the one who started the thread about Lillard being better than Curry? So now Buddy Hield will be like Curry? Wow, just wow!
_________________
“Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 26062

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1


We'll see but short of him being a perennial all star the Kings were robbed......
A lot of these superstar in their primes for potential superstar usually ends up in the favor of the superstar....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 3874
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, imagine if New Orleans had an all-star point guard to pair with Boogie and Brow...

CP3, the prodigal son returns in 2017!

Take that Clippers!
_________________
It's Our Time!
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - The Beginning - Amazing Goals, Skills, Passes - 2016-2017 - HD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 4865

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1



you laugh but it will happen. What is curry? A guy who can hit a lot of threes and has a great cast around him for everything else. All he is doing is hitting threes. There are literally 10-20 players that can do the same right now. It will happen, it's very realistic. Curry is not doing anything that sets him that far apart from the likes of Lillard, irving, and ahandful of other 6'4" and under guards with elite shooting skills.

You're confusing Curry with Klay Thompson. No worries - probably a common mistake by many people who clearly don't watch a lot of basketball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 10278

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1



you laugh but it will happen. What is curry? A guy who can hit a lot of threes and has a great cast around him for everything else. All he is doing is hitting threes. There are literally 10-20 players that can do the same right now. It will happen, it's very realistic. Curry is not doing anything that sets him that far apart from the likes of Lillard, irving, and ahandful of other 6'4" and under guards with elite shooting skills.

You're confusing Curry with Klay Thompson. No worries - probably a common mistake by many people who clearly don't watch a lot of basketball.




Kings owner has had some wild ideas, I believe he mentioned using a cherry picking offense in the D-league to see how it might work...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 39577
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

They'll be on the floor tonight against the Rockets. I'll definitely tune in. If Cousins can cap the volcano it's will be interesting how they play together. Can they share the ball. Gentry has his job cut out for him.

Suggested reading; They Call Me Coach, John Wooden.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 24179

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1



you laugh but it will happen. What is curry? A guy who can hit a lot of threes and has a great cast around him for everything else. All he is doing is hitting threes. There are literally 10-20 players that can do the same right now. It will happen, it's very realistic. Curry is not doing anything that sets him that far apart from the likes of Lillard, irving, and ahandful of other 6'4" and under guards with elite shooting skills.


Totally unbiased opinion, right? BTW weren't you the one who started the thread about Lillard being better than Curry? So now Buddy Hield will be like Curry? Wow, just wow!



He's also the guy who thinks Tim Duncan and Lebron in their primes were "average players."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 1838

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
this is huge. the pelicans are set now. they can be better than the warriors and cavs within a year. easy. wow.


#easy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 1838

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Can that frontcourt really work though?

oh yea. cousins can dribble like a pg. he's a very talented and clever player. you can't take you're eye off of him, unlike any other big int he league. and now he's paired with davis, who can basically do everything and is athletic. it's unstoppable as far as i can see.


30 point loss on their home floor to kick-off this sanguine Pelicans era suggests otherwise ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 8253

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

I still remember Cousins really hurting Team USA and that team looked much better with DeAndre Jordan on the floor. How could he not do better on that kind of a team? He was playing against weak competition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 2761

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Can that frontcourt really work though?

oh yea. cousins can dribble like a pg. he's a very talented and clever player. you can't take you're eye off of him, unlike any other big int he league. and now he's paired with davis, who can basically do everything and is athletic. it's unstoppable as far as i can see.


30 point loss on their home floor to kick-off this sanguine Pelicans era suggests otherwise ...

cousins looked great today. what's your point, that he sucks?
_________________
U+1F49C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 1838

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Can that frontcourt really work though?

oh yea. cousins can dribble like a pg. he's a very talented and clever player. you can't take you're eye off of him, unlike any other big int he league. and now he's paired with davis, who can basically do everything and is athletic. it's unstoppable as far as i can see.


30 point loss on their home floor to kick-off this sanguine Pelicans era suggests otherwise ...

cousins looked great today. what's your point, that he sucks?


There are two points, actually: (1) great individual play doesn't always translate into actual team success ... you lived through the 2005 - 2007 timeframe just like the rest of us, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to you. And (2) great talent on a team lacking team-oriented leadership doesn't always translate into actual team success, either ... again, you lived through the 2011 - 2013 timeframe just like the rest of us, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to you.

Cousins is a great talent, and he's capable of selfless leadership. But it won't be easy, and they certainly looked stoppable on Day 1 ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 22081

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Can that frontcourt really work though?

oh yea. cousins can dribble like a pg. he's a very talented and clever player. you can't take you're eye off of him, unlike any other big int he league. and now he's paired with davis, who can basically do everything and is athletic. it's unstoppable as far as i can see.


30 point loss on their home floor to kick-off this sanguine Pelicans era suggests otherwise ...

cousins looked great today. what's your point, that he sucks?


There are two points, actually: (1) great individual play doesn't always translate into actual team success ... you lived through the 2005 - 2007 timeframe just like the rest of us, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to you. And (2) great talent on a team lacking team-oriented leadership doesn't always translate into actual team success, either ... again, you lived through the 2011 - 2013 timeframe just like the rest of us, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to you.

Cousins is a great talent, and he's capable of selfless leadership. But it won't be easy, and they certainly looked stoppable on Day 1 ...


They'll live and die with Jrue Holiday. Outside of the two beasts, he's the only other player worth a damn on that team.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 1838

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Can that frontcourt really work though?

oh yea. cousins can dribble like a pg. he's a very talented and clever player. you can't take you're eye off of him, unlike any other big int he league. and now he's paired with davis, who can basically do everything and is athletic. it's unstoppable as far as i can see.


30 point loss on their home floor to kick-off this sanguine Pelicans era suggests otherwise ...

cousins looked great today. what's your point, that he sucks?


There are two points, actually: (1) great individual play doesn't always translate into actual team success ... you lived through the 2005 - 2007 timeframe just like the rest of us, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to you. And (2) great talent on a team lacking team-oriented leadership doesn't always translate into actual team success, either ... again, you lived through the 2011 - 2013 timeframe just like the rest of us, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to you.

Cousins is a great talent, and he's capable of selfless leadership. But it won't be easy, and they certainly looked stoppable on Day 1 ...


They'll live and die with Jrue Holiday. Outside of the two beasts, he's the only other player worth a damn on that team.


Yeah, agreed on that ... I like Holiday, too, but I don't think that's near enough of a foundation to eclipse Golden State, San Antonio, Cleveland (and apparently, Houston ... at least not yet) ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 22081

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
the association wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Can that frontcourt really work though?

oh yea. cousins can dribble like a pg. he's a very talented and clever player. you can't take you're eye off of him, unlike any other big int he league. and now he's paired with davis, who can basically do everything and is athletic. it's unstoppable as far as i can see.


30 point loss on their home floor to kick-off this sanguine Pelicans era suggests otherwise ...

cousins looked great today. what's your point, that he sucks?


There are two points, actually: (1) great individual play doesn't always translate into actual team success ... you lived through the 2005 - 2007 timeframe just like the rest of us, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to you. And (2) great talent on a team lacking team-oriented leadership doesn't always translate into actual team success, either ... again, you lived through the 2011 - 2013 timeframe just like the rest of us, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to you.

Cousins is a great talent, and he's capable of selfless leadership. But it won't be easy, and they certainly looked stoppable on Day 1 ...


They'll live and die with Jrue Holiday. Outside of the two beasts, he's the only other player worth a damn on that team.


Yeah, agreed on that ... I like Holiday, too, but I don't think that's near enough of a foundation to eclipse Golden State, San Antonio, Cleveland (and apparently, Houston ... at least not yet) ...


For sure. Holiday and a few guys come off the books this summer. They'll have something like 20-25M to play around with in the off-season. I mentioned it on the day he was traded (and I'm sure others have come to the same conclusion as well), but the Pelicans would be an ideal landing spot for Chris Paul. The Clippers may be past their expiration date and AD/Boogie is a massive upgrade over Blake/DeAndre imo.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 13403

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
For sure. Holiday and a few guys come off the books this summer. They'll have something like 20-25M to play around with in the off-season. I mentioned it on the day he was traded (and I'm sure others have come to the same conclusion as well), but the Pelicans would be an ideal landing spot for Chris Paul. The Clippers may be past their expiration date and AD/Boogie is a massive upgrade over Blake/DeAndre imo.

Hard to disagree, and a great homecoming story to boot!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14032

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
For sure. Holiday and a few guys come off the books this summer. They'll have something like 20-25M to play around with in the off-season. I mentioned it on the day he was traded (and I'm sure others have come to the same conclusion as well), but the Pelicans would be an ideal landing spot for Chris Paul. The Clippers may be past their expiration date and AD/Boogie is a massive upgrade over Blake/DeAndre imo.

Hard to disagree, and a great homecoming story to boot!


Someone told me Chris Paul had already verbally agreed to an extension? Is this true at all?
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 21455

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1



you laugh but it will happen. What is curry? A guy who can hit a lot of threes and has a great cast around him for everything else. All he is doing is hitting threes. There are literally 10-20 players that can do the same right now. It will happen, it's very realistic. Curry is not doing anything that sets him that far apart from the likes of Lillard, irving, and ahandful of other 6'4" and under guards with elite shooting skills.


What is Curry

Arguably the best shooter in the league
Arguably the best ball handler in the league
One the most efficient guards if not the most efficient guard in the league
2 MVP
2 finals appearances
47-42-90
and just to put the icing on the cake he will give you a good effort on defense

but yea Curry is = Lillard, Irving and a handful of other 6'4 guards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 27182
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
22 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ✔ @BaxterHolmes
Source familiar w/ Kings’ thinking: "Vivek thinks Buddy [Hield] has Steph Curry potential.” Am told that fixation was a key driver in deal.


Good luck with that Vivek!

Million to 1 shot doc, million to 1



you laugh but it will happen. What is curry? A guy who can hit a lot of threes and has a great cast around him for everything else. All he is doing is hitting threes. There are literally 10-20 players that can do the same right now. It will happen, it's very realistic. Curry is not doing anything that sets him that far apart from the likes of Lillard, irving, and ahandful of other 6'4" and under guards with elite shooting skills.


What is Curry

Arguably the best shooter in the league
Arguably the best ball handler in the league
One the most efficient guards if not the most efficient guard in the league
2 MVP
2 finals appearances
47-42-90
and just to put the icing on the cake he will give you a good effort on defense

but yea Curry is = Lillard, Irving and a handful of other 6'4 guards


Forget about Curry, why even compare Hield to Irving and Lilliard as if they are scrubs?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB