It'll never happen... But I'll say it. I want Magic to hire Hinkie.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
bandiger wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hinkie is a moron who got lucky.

You don't win almost every trade by getting lucky, especially when you made a lot of them.

Hinkie turned MCW into the Lakers 1st. He completed destroyed Vlade for taking on 2 bad contracts. He picked up assets at every opportunity.

Now some may argue he tanked for too long, but in reality, the 76ers had to. In the end, if Colanglo doesn't mess this up, the 76ers will be competing for titles within the next 10 years.

I think he would adjust how he did it with the Lakers too - he would go after FA's and develop a team much sooner, but at least we know he is willing to commit to a vision and can execute a plan.

I'd say his only big mistake was drafting Okafor, even then he might have duped Ainge into a trade to get one of the Nets picks

Agreed, yet even with missing on the 3rd pick overall, that team has 2 potential superstars and could leave the 2017 draft with another one or even 2.

In 2 years, the Sixers will be scary good.

Sadly not as scary as that team up I-95. Just got scarier now that Lopez is getting dumped.

I don't know - I might take the the Sixers roster over the Celtics roster going forward as I think the Sixers would have the 2 best players on the court in Embiid and Simmons.

Also Ainge isn't great at drafting - so I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't maximize those picks.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I may have hired Hinkie a couple years ago, but not now. The 76ers are okay, still alot of questions. Their best player is injury prone, he drafted Okafor, and the 6ers ate currently on their second longest playoff drought in franchise history.

I see the stuff about them winning a championship and it is kind of laughable. To many variables? Maybe five years from now?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: