Lou traded to Rockets for Corey Brewer and 1st
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

So...would you of rather had Nicholson and Thornton? And probably would of had to give up someone else as well?
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Neither team done working the phones. Could just be agreeing to leave it open to provide more flexibility for rerouting/aggregating Brewer and or more salary matching margin for either team.

Any news on who the third team may be?

Think you are right about just being open to expanding the deal. Both teams have stated they have players to move.

Both reports I heard (~4pm and again ~5pm PST) said that both teams were taking a lot of calls...
that sounds like anywhere from several to quite a few other teams are at least reaching out...
FWIW: it was 2 different people reporting this. Ramona was one and Windhorst the other
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Neither team done working the phones. Could just be agreeing to leave it open to provide more flexibility for rerouting/aggregating Brewer and or more salary matching margin for either team.

Think you are right about just being open to expanding the deal. Both teams have stated they have players to move.

Both reports I heard (~4pm and again ~5pm PST) said that both teams were taking a lot of calls...
that sounds like anywhere from several to quite a few other teams are at least reaching out...
FWIW: it was 2 different people reporting this. Ramona was one and Windhorst the other

So we might get another piece?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Why am I not seeing this anywhere on twitter?
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I hope the 3rd team is the sucker that gets Mozgov.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
outkast100 wrote:
We may be trying to get in on moving shumpert to Houston. Hmmm maybe we send over brewer to clvd or somewhere else.

Cavs announced a little while ago that they weren't interested in trading Shump..

Just 'cause they said it, doesn't mean it's true...so, take that for what it's worth too

I know, and Vlade reminded us, "I said I wouldn't trade Cousins. But I never said I wouldn't give him away."

Vlade and crew made that trade as fast as they could so that idiot owner couldn't change his mind again
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I kind of doubt that they'd get an "additional" piece -- I'd suspect the basic terms of the trade would remain the same. If anything changed on the Lakers side, I'd guess that they might get a different player
but, that's just speculation
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I kind of doubt that they'd get an "additional" piece -- I'd suspect the basic terms of the trade would remain the same. If anything changed on the Lakers side, I'd guess that they might get a different player

Thanks.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

LA probably isn't wedded to Brewer per se so that flexibility and the general trade rule flexibility with a simultaneous deal make it an environment that can facilitate other things. I'm guessing Magic doesn't want anything longer that two years and beyond that you can incentivize him to swap Brewer on the cheap. If it's to help Houston though he should get something out of it (unless it's just a mutual understanding that both are looking for opportunity).
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

LA probably isn't wedded to Brewer per se so that flexibility and the general trade rule flexibility with a simultaneous deal make it an environment that can facilitate other things. I'm guessing Magic doesn't want anything longer that two years and beyond that you can incentivize him to swap Brewer on the cheap. If it's to help Houston though he should get something out of it (unless it's just a mutual understanding that both are looking for opportunity).

Yes. I don't think anyone in LA is all that high on Brewer
IF (big IF), for example, LA could get someone else who expired this year instead of next they'd probably be ecstatic
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Get Zhou Qi's rights damnit
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:

That would make it a better trade.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Cant check this on a trade machine because they have lou and brewer already shipped.. but what about thiis

La out- moz and lou
La in- schumpert and houston 1st
Houston in - lou williams and filler from cavs
Houston out brewer and 2017 first
Cavs out- schump and filler
Cavs in - moz and brewer
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I don't think Houston attaches a first to brewer, but they were attaching at least a second in trying to move him earlier, and have had no takers. As of this morning, they are talking about looking for a ten to twelve million player utilizing cash and expiring. This means two things:

That they are willing to part with pretty much any combination of McDaniels, nene, and ennis (it would take all of them to bring in a 12 mil player) and throw in cash.

They can do this because they still have them instead of brewer.

Like I said last night, magic got taken for brewer, so Morey can now trybto flip the expiring he should have gotten (and that they are willing to part with), or worst case, have an extra seven mil in cap room that should be on the Lakers books.

Morey got two trades for the price of one, and he's trying to leverage it into three.

Morey tends to beat even the best. Bested Sam Presti too.

Presti and ownership did that to themselves, because they were so worried about paying harden, and by extension, luxury tax.

I'm trying to think of when Morey egregiously lost a trade recently.

I guess the point is Mitch woukd not let Morey take advantage of us. Whether it would be to add better pieces, trade with another team or complete no trade at all, we will never know.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:

i totally forgot about this dude
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
Cant check this on a trade machine because they have lou and brewer already shipped.. but what about thiis

La out- moz and lou
Cavs in - moz and brewer

Cavs let Moz walk last summer without even trying to sign him.
Cavs have said they're not interested in trading Shump
and Cavs already have about 4 dozen 6'9" PF/SF types and couldn't even remotely use Brewer. They need a PG/playmaker.
TransientTexan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:

La out- moz and lou
Cavs in - moz and brewer

why would the Cavs do that?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

TransientTexan wrote:
rebirth wrote:

La out- moz and lou
Cavs in - moz and brewer

why would the Cavs do that?
they wouldn't. 😋
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Michael ScottoVerified account
‏@MikeAScotto
Sources: Washington Wizards are exploring the trade market for veteran point guard Trey Burke and are asking for a second-round draft pick.

Welp. I thought someone said he couldn't be traded yet??
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
‏@MikeAScotto
Sources: Washington Wizards are exploring the trade market for veteran point guard Trey Burke and are asking for a second-round draft pick.

Yep, already came clean for the misunderstanding. Not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. Can't say the same for a lot of people on here.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
‏@MikeAScotto

Yep, already came clean for the misunderstanding. Not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. Can't say the same for a lot of people on here.

I missed that. Burke + 1st for Lou sounded a lot better for both teams. But maybe they couldn't agree on the protections.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
‏@MikeAScotto

He's also clearly a key cog to the Wizards bench.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
‏@MikeAScotto

I missed that. Burke + 1st for Lou sounded a lot better for both teams. But maybe they couldn't agree on the protections.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Washington has to throw in another player to make salaries match, since it's less than $10MM combined, and Lou makes more than 150% of Burke's salary + $100K.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
‏@MikeAScotto

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Washington has to throw in another player to make salaries match, since it's less than $10MM combined, and Lou makes more than 150% of Burke's salary + $100K.

Yes, basically, the Wizards would have had to have been sending out at least $4.6MM in salary, since 150% of that is 6.9MM and then the extra 100K gets you to Lou's $7MM figure.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Quote:
‏@MikeAScotto

I just think that Washington was requiring someone to take Nicholson if they were giving up their 1st, or possibly Smith at the very least. And that would've messed with our 2018 cap space, which we might be pointing to.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 41 of 50
Jump to: