Lou traded to Rockets for Corey Brewer and 1st
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Cousins is a black hole and a head case people saw what happened with Howard so they stayed away from him

Noel played how many games? And won 6th man of the year how many times?

You guys are just a bunch of negative Nancie's

Cousins is arguably the best player at his position at 26. Noel is 22 with the tools to be in the mold of Tyson Chandler (Don Nelson's words). Lou Williams is a 30-year-old bench scorer with questionable defense and an ugly AST/TO ratio. He's great for what he is, but his blue-chip value is nowhere close to the other guys. Lou is amazing to watch and a great guy, but we've got to be objective in evaluating our own players and their market value.

I agree Cousins is the best player in his position
But that position is absolete.

Noel will disappear just like Chandler but wo the ring

Lou has been consistent on each team he has been put on.

Now most players need the right team to blossom however Lou does the same no matter what team he has been put on.

We gave up on him like the teams did before he is no super star that you build around like a Kobe or LeBron. He is a player that you build with like Rip.

Lou wasn't in demand, not for what you're thinking. Like you've said, he's been who he is on every team he's been on. He won sixth man of the year on the Raptors, and yet he was available to us at 7 million a year. Why? Because teams know he's a one way player who's on the wrong side of thirty. Why would you think he'd merit a King's ransom just because he's having another sixth man of the year type year?
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Cousins is a black hole and a head case people saw what happened with Howard so they stayed away from him

Cousins is arguably the best player at his position at 26. Noel is 22 with the tools to be in the mold of Tyson Chandler (Don Nelson's words). Lou Williams is a 30-year-old bench scorer with questionable defense and an ugly AST/TO ratio. He's great for what he is, but his blue-chip value is nowhere close to the other guys. Lou is amazing to watch and a great guy, but we've got to be objective in evaluating our own players and their market value.

What does Nelson know about Bigs?

I'll give him one thing he was right About Curry

Come on, my dude. You questioning Don Nelson's pedigree?

Here's a quick primer:

Quote:
In particular, Rick Pitino and Don Nelson, head coaches of the Boston Celtics and Dallas Mavericks respectively, were highly interested in acquiring [Nowitzki]. After a 45-minute private workout with Pitino, where Nowitzki showcased his versatile shooting, rebounding and passing skills, the Boston coach immediately compared him to Celtics legend Larry Bird; Pitino assured Nowitzki that he would draft him with the Celtics' first-round draft pick at #10.[26]

However, Pitino's plan was foiled by Nelson, whose team had the sixth pick. Nelson worked out draft day deals with the Milwaukee Bucks and the Phoenix Suns: the Mavericks wanted Nowitzki and Suns reserve point guard Steve Nash; the Bucks desired muscular forward Robert Traylor, who was projected to be drafted before Nowitzki; and the Suns had set their sights on forward Pat Garrity, who was projected as a low first round pick. In the draft, the Mavericks drafted Traylor with their sixth pick, and the Bucks selected Nowitzki with their ninth and Garrity with their nineteenth pick. The Mavericks then traded Traylor to the Bucks for Nowitzki and Garrity, and they in return traded the latter to Phoenix for Nash.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Now most players need the right team to blossom however Lou does the same no matter what team he has been put on.

We gave up on him like the teams did before he is no super star that you build around like a Kobe or LeBron. He is a player that you build with like Rip.

Lou wasn't in demand, not for what you're thinking. Like you've said, he's been who he is on every team he's been on. He won sixth man of the year on the Raptors, and yet he was available to us at 7 million a year. Why? Because teams know he's a one way player who's on the wrong side of thirty. Why would you think he'd merit a King's ransom just because he's having another sixth man of the year type year?

I don't think he's worth a Kings Ransom
I just think we could have got more then what we got.
Seriously Cory Brewer. A contender could have used him we could have got something better then Cory

Dude didn't even play on the Rockets
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Seriously Cory Brewer. A contender could have used him we could have got something better then Cory

Why are you so fixated on Brewer? No one expects him to do anything for the remainder that he is on the team. He is just there to match salary. Man stop (bleep) trolling
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

You're basing that on nothing. Every indication we've had, through reports and based on the actual trades that happened across the league, the Lakers got pretty much the best they could get. Draft picks were coveted and any moves that involved picks either had them protected so they were unlikely to convey this season or attached to contracts worse than Brewer's.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

What exactly do you think the package we should have gotten? Let's assume for a second that they weren't willing to include expirings with the 2017 pick. After all, we got reports that they were trying to use those same expirings to add another semi-high salaried player.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

What exactly do you think the package we should have gotten? Let's assume for a second that they weren't willing to include expirings with the 2017 pick. After all, we got reports that they were trying to use those same expirings to add another semi-high salaried player.

Apparently he thinks the 76ers should be willing give up our pick and miss out on a stacked draft in 2017 or the unprotected selection in 2018 for a veteran with a year left on his deal. In other words, he thinks it's possible to do a 2K "force trade" in real life.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

The 76ers will get our pick but it will be a 15th pick and beyond. No way we lose are pick. With that being said I believe we could have flipped Lou and something for our pick back then we don't stress
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Magic was at the game tonight. He said the trade was for the first round pick. Sounded like he has a plan.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Magic was at the game tonight. He said the trade was for the first round pick. Sounded like he has a plan.
The new plan is the old plan

(to reference noah's avatar (heh))
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think Ervin's business acumen will be beneficial. He has sense enough to know what he doesn't know and will hire people who do.

I don't know if Rob Pelinka can get it done. I do know he's not the first agent to step into a front office, Bob Myers in Golden State and Arn Tellem in Detroit, to name a few. He also has good rapport with quality players.

As things stand the only way for the Lakers to go is up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

We traded him for a first round pick. Brewer was just there to balance out salaries.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Hopefully we can buy out Brewer. At least he will be an expring contract next year and might have some value at the 2018 TD.

If having cap space for Free Agency 2018 is one of their key objectives, then why would they be interested in taking on a contract with additional years in February 2018?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Magic's explanation was terrible, and so would Mitch and Jim Buss' if it were them who made the trade. The reason is because you can't say it out loud, "We're tanking, hedging to keep a top 3 pick." Any other explanation makes zero sense.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't know if Rob Pelinka can get it done. I do know he's not the first agent to step into a front office, Bob Myers in Golden State and Arn Tellem in Detroit, to name a few. He also has good rapport with quality players.

Don't leave out the Lon Babby complete failure in PHX, and Bob Myers came in to the FO for a while before taking over as GM. Anyway, I just do not think the failures and successes of previous agents in the FO will have much influence on if Pelinka will be successful or not.

Is Tomjanovich still a consultant/scout with the Lakers?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Don't leave out the Lon Babby complete failure in PHX, and Bob Myers came in to the FO for a while before taking over as GM. Anyway, I just do not think the failures and successes of previous agents in the FO will have much influence on if Pelinka will be successful or not.

Is Tomjanovich still a consultant/scout with the Lakers?

Don't know, I think the main reason he was there was because of Mitch.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think Ervin's business acumen will be beneficial. He has sense enough to know what he doesn't know and will hire people who do.

Not singling you out jodeke, but it's kind of amusing to see so many people cite Bob Myers as a case for success lately when they've been giving Jerry West so much credit for the Warriors success in the past. Rarely has Myers name been brought up as the reason.

Who knows? Maybe the role of the GM is changing and ex-agents like Myers, Tellem, and Pelinka are just the deal-closers and not the architects.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Not singling you out jodeke, but it's kind of amusing to see so many people cite Bob Myers as a case for success lately when they've been giving Jerry West so much credit for the Warriors success in the past. Rarely has Myers name been brought up as the reason.

Who knows? Maybe the role of the GM is changing and ex-agents like Myers, Tellem, and Pelinka are just the deal-closers and not the architects.

it's not always the skill, sometimes it's the other associations he has. when mitch does something, for example, it's not just mitch, it's a bunch of people. So in this case, he's the label, but there's a whole squad doing the work. and maybe his squad is what the laker desired.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Could be. West is supposedly the architect of the Warriors. His forte is he has a great eye for talent. Maybe his son inherited it.

Pelinka has a reputation with quality players. That may influence some to want to play here. It's still Los Angeles and the city does have appeal.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

West is supposedly the architect of the Warriors. His forte is he has a great eye for talent. Maybe his son inherited it.

I am not sure that is a thing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

West is supposedly the architect of the Warriors. His forte is he has a great eye for talent. Maybe his son inherited it.

I am not sure that is a thing.

Of course not and I'm sure.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject:

Maybe we should give Brewer some of Deng's minutes.
Can't believe he costs half as much as Deng for half as long (of a contract).
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject:

Brewer at least can do what Metta was brought in for.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
Brewer at least can do what Metta was brought in for.

Metta is expandable with or without Brewer but you're right, Brewer can actually be Ingram's affordable back up for the next couple years till he gets old.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

I am getting so "old" now, I bet many LG'ers do not even remember Brewer in college. He was part of a loaded National Championship team @ U of Florida...and many thought he may have the most potential of the group....Horford was drafted ahead of him, but he was drafted ahead of Noah...and they were all in the top 10. I think being drafted by the TWolves during that period stunted his development as a pro.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 48 of 50
Jump to: