Can we all come together now and support Jeanie & Magic?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Can we all come together now and support Jeanie & Magic?

As Laker fans we all want one thing and that is to watch our beloved Lakers compete for championships. I am sensitive to the fact that many of you are upset and even angry at what happened yesterday and I respect that. Even though I supported the moves and wanted change it was still a huge shock. Yesterday was a transformative day. We are all passionate about our Lakers and that's why we all gather here at LG which is the greatest Lakers forum on the planet (thanks DB!). Magic is now the President of Basketball operations. I understand many of you don't like him and some are even rooting for him to fail. There is no guarantee that Magic will be successful and it's possible he will fail but I hope you all will at least give him a chance. We are now entering a new era for the Lakers organization. Jeanie has made the decision. Let's all try to remain positive and hope for the best going forward. Go Lakers!

Last edited by 32 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:31 am; edited 3 times in total
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject:

I am all in, though if DLO gets traded then I may lose it for a few days lol just being honest
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject:

No, I want them both gone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

I supported Jim/Mitch.

I support Jeannie/Magic.

I support the Lakers.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I supported Jim/Mitch.

I support Jeannie/Magic.

I support the Lakers.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

Everything they have shown is they only care about themselves. I would never support classless people...team winning is secondary. I want them gone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
Everything they have shown is they only care about themselves. I would never support classless people...team winning is secondary. I want them gone.

And replaced with what?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

I always support the FO, no matter who is in there.

That doesn't mean I support, or have to support, every decision they make.

I'm definitely concerned about Magic. Can he put the franchise, or anything, before himself? We'll see. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves to me otherwise just as I did with others in the organization.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
petergr wrote:

And replaced with what?

Hopefully a new owner...that actually interviews qualified people before hiring important people like the President of Basketball Operations and General Manager. More than that an owner that can show class and transparency when they fire someone...not some person that relies on leaks and planted articles to carry out business.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

Of course I'll give them a chance. But I gotta admit this thread is rich coming from you, someone who at no point gave Mitch or Jim a chance (like several other posters). But, sure, now that you got what you wanted,
please continue lecturing us on how to be proper fans and support our team.

Last edited by Cutheon on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

I have been supportive of the Lakers since the 60's. This transition is not chasing me away.

Tired of the Buss kids drama and concerned about Magic and Pelinka having zero experience in their current positions. Add to that my concern that all involved are big egos looking more for the flashy marketing move over the smart basketball moves.

Time will tell me just how shrewd they are in reality. Nervous about the trade deadline. But willing to give them the benefit of doubt. Hopefully by the time the draft and free agency come around they will have proven themselves to be competent and improving the Lakers.

Go Lakers!
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

The way things have recently went down leaves a bad taste but it's always Go Lakers.

We just better hope Pelinka is good.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

Sure, but I'd like to see Kobe come out of retirement and get a 2 yr $48 million dollar deal and see how Magic rebuilds around that. LOL! Lost in all of this... It just hit me this is our first year without Kobe. The $48 million dollar idea to show loyalty was Jeannie's idea. Didn't even have the decency to see what Mitch and Jim could do post Kobe. Jim's mistake was putting a timeline on himself that included Kobe's franchise killing years. Rob Pelinka getting Mitch's job is ruthless. It's like Norton releasing a virus, then selling you the anti-virus software. LOL!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
petergr wrote:

And replaced with what?

Hopefully a new owner...that actually interviews qualified people before hiring important people like the President of Basketball Operations and General Manager. More than that an owner that can show class and transparency when they fire someone...not some person that relies on leaks and planted articles to carry out business.

There is so much dysfunction within the Buss ownership group that I doubt they all decide to unite in selling the team.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Sure, but I'd like to see Kobe come out of retirement and get a 2 yr $48 million dollar deal and see how Magic rebuilds around that. LOL! Lost in all of this... It just hit me this is our first year without Kobe. The $48 million dollar idea to show loyalty was Jeannie's idea. Didn't even have the decency to see what Mitch and Jim could do post Kobe. Jim's mistake was putting a timeline on himself that included Kobe's franchise killing years. Rob Pelinka getting Mitch's job is ruthless. It's like Norton releasing a virus, then selling you the anti-virus software. LOL!

This as well.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

I support the Lakers no matter what. With that said, I love Magic, I wish him nothing but the best !
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
petergr wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
petergr wrote:

And replaced with what?

There is so much dysfunction within the Buss ownership group that I doubt they all decide to unite in selling the team.

I only hope those clowns would want to cash out and somebody like Cuban would buy the team.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
petergr wrote:

And replaced with what?

Reminds me of some fairly criticizing the process the Lakers used while hiring Luke Walton. No interviews of other qualified coaches and keeping it in house.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
petergr wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
petergr wrote:

And replaced with what?

Reminds me of some fairly criticizing the process the Lakers used while hiring Luke Walton. No interviews of other qualified coaches and keeping it in house.

Its been a criticism of the organization since Dr. Buss passed.....the only organization that always ushers in the future by reaching into the past.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Of course I'll give them a chance. But I gotta admit this thread is rich coming from you, someone who at no point gave Mitch or Jim a chance (like several other posters). But, sure, now that you got what you wanted,
please continue lecturing us on how to be proper fans and support our team.

hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

The feeling i have is relief. i never got the sense that Jim thought the Lakers were bigger than himself. the Lakers was his tool to show the world that isn't just a rich kid, but someone that can build success. in doing so, he was a slave to his own actions.
i don't get that feeling with Magic and Jeannie. they seem to understand that they are stewards of the Lakers, and that's it greatness was a collective action from Milkan and Baylor to Kobe and Shaq.
as for Mitch, he was a bit antiquated for today's GM. based on the Ding article, he seemed a little to by the book and didn't manage with a sense of urgency. there may have been a bit of complacency here as well. i think new blood is good here.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
petergr wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
petergr wrote:

And replaced with what?

I can give that a pass only because he had a terrific record in coaching for some 40 games...not a huge sample but still the record was really good.
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:

as for Mitch, he was a bit antiquated for today's GM. based on the Ding article, he seemed a little to by the book and didn't manage with a sense of urgency. there may have been a bit of complacency here as well. i think new blood is good here.

Based on the 'Ding' article? Don't you mean Jeanie Buss's latest article?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

I like Pelinka a lot. I think Laker fans don't realize who we just brought into the organization. That's a BIG TIME hire. Big time. I'm very excited for his press conference. Jeanie and Magic... Like yinoma said, I support the Lakers, but I'm not fond at all of how the takeover was handled, how Mitch and John Black especially were treated. But Magic was self-aware enough to hire someone who does know his stuff. That was my biggest hang-up, so I'm going to zip my lip, and wait and see. Pelinka is gonna be a trip. And I'm very happy that we kept Ryan West.

Last edited by justsomelakerfan on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

Magic and Jeanie themselves were rooting for the team to fail...quite openly when Mike D'Antoni was coaching...its funny to expect people without any skin in the game to support them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: