Can we all come together now and support Jeanie & Magic?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Of course Wilbon is going to cape for Magic. All of ESPN is. But the post about agent-player dynamics rings absolutely true regardless of who's revealing that info.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

I've had this song in my head since Jeannie has been cleaning house

Eddie Cochran - Jeannie Jeannie Jeannie

SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
I support the Lakers. Didn't mind the Pelinka move. Regardless, I lost almost all respect I had for Jeanie. No matter what, she did Mitch dirty. The handling of the replacement of the FO was amateur hour. Have some (bleep) class.

Coach Wooden
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
I support the Lakers. Didn't mind the Pelinka move. Regardless, I lost almost all respect I had for Jeanie. No matter what, she did Mitch dirty. The handling of the replacement of the FO was amateur hour. Have some (bleep) class.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

They have to earn that support.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
petergr wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
petergr wrote:
Everything they have shown is they only care about themselves. I would never support classless people...team winning is secondary. I want them gone.

And replaced with what?

Hopefully a new owner...that actually interviews qualified people before hiring important people like the President of Basketball Operations and General Manager. More than that an owner that can show class and transparency when they fire someone...not some person that relies on leaks and planted articles to carry out business.

Reminds me of some fairly criticizing the process the Lakers used while hiring Luke Walton. No interviews of other qualified coaches and keeping it in house.

Its been a criticism of the organization since Dr. Buss passed.....the only organization that always ushers in the future by reaching into the past.

Thats a Jenie special
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

not a fan of Jeanie but I hope for the best. And I prefer this current setup over Jeanie letting Phil Jackson control the franchise.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to be as hard on Magic and Jeanie as they were on Mitch and Jim. And I'm not even saying that Mitch/ Jim deserved to remain on board.

But if we're being honest here, Jeanie should have lost her last job based on her conflicted loyalties and crappy marketing, and Magic has been a crappy NBA analyst. Now it's time to put up or shut up. You don't get 5 years.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Good thing the NBA has 29 other teams that everyone is free to root for.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
I'm going to be as hard on Magic and Jeanie as they were on Mitch and Jim. And I'm not even saying that Mitch/ Jim deserved to remain on board.

But if we're being honest here, Jeanie should have lost her last job based on her conflicted loyalties and crappy marketing, and Magic has been a crappy NBA analyst. Now it's time to put up or shut up. You don't get 5 years.

Would be poetic/funny if Jim can get the other Busses to fire Jeannie.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I am at the number of fans who have ZERO tangible information about what goes on in El Segundo let alone at the Buss Family meetings...but who want to trash Jeanie.

1. She's the head of the entire franchise whether you like it or not.

2. Any FO that posts 4 consecutive seasons of historical losses for a championship franchise needs to be fired.

3. Any FO that signs a back up, 30 year old center coming off of injuries and who didn't contribute squat to a championship team to a 4 year contract at 12:01am on the first minute of FA needs to be fired.

Was there bad blood between them? Obviously.

Was there bad communication between them? Absolutely.

Was their drama one-sided? Absolutely Not.

I am shocked at the number of people here who want to attack Jeanie, but who paint an incompetent Jim Buss out to be some icon of class.

Jim has literally failed at everything he's ever tried in business.

Jim cleaned house during the lock-out.

Jim removed any and all connections to a coach that helped us win FIVE Championships...not a week after Phil was let go...but the very next day.

And Jim contacted Phil (the perfect coach for that team) after they fired Mike Brown and then hired Pringles (thw worst coach for that team) while Phil was asleep...literally classless and from every account a purposeful FU to Phil.

I'm not a Jeanie Fan. I'm not a Jim Fan. I'm a Laker Fan.

I support anyone that helps us win games because these last 4 years have been literally unwatchable save for Kobe's last game and the first couple to start this season.

If you think all of this is on Jeanie.

If you think Jim or Mitch didn't get a fair shake after 4 years of incessant failures in FA.

If you think people are supposed to get along because they share similar DNA.

Then you are trippin' and have gotten lost in the drama yourself.

We kept the best of the FO, brought in a great negotiator, and a closer all in one swoop.

If you want to blame Jeanie for anything...blame her for taking too long.

53 Seasons under Dr. Buss - Lakers miss the playoffs 4 times.

4 Seasons under Jim - Lakers miss the playoffs 4 times.

Let that sink in.

#BannersOverBillboards
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Of course I'll give them a chance. But I gotta admit this thread is rich coming from you, someone who at no point gave Mitch or Jim a chance (like several other posters). But, sure, now that you got what you wanted,
please continue lecturing us on how to be proper fans and support our team.

everyone gave jim and mitch a chance at first. they looked great up until it went south......wish jim and mitch luck and cant wait to see what the future holds for the lakers......I love the magic man but if he lays an egg also....i will criticize him to. Go lakers!!!!!!!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
not a fan of Jeanie but I hope for the best. And I prefer this current setup over Jeanie letting Phil Jackson control the franchise.

I agree with literally every word of this post.

I don't dig Jeannie either, but she has shown she will stay out of the way of basketball ops, we just need better basketball ops personnel.

My hope is these changes will clear the muddled "chain of responsibility" and it will be clear where the axe falls.

Mitch for too long got away with the "Jim did that" or "the Busses made that decision".....now it is Magic/Pelinka on the line and the authority is much more clearly defined.

No downside from where Mitch cratered the team in my opinion.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

[quote="mirak"]I'm going to be as hard on Magic and Jeanie as they were on Mitch and Jim. And I'm not even saying that Mitch/ Jim deserved to remain on board.

But if we're being honest here, Jeanie should have lost her last job based on her conflicted loyalties and crappy marketing, and Magic has been a crappy NBA analyst. Now it's time to put up or shut up. You don't get 5 years.[/quote

jeanie is the owner.....not an employee. this is a divided forum just like our country . Jeanie is going to be there whether magic does a good job, or the next person does a good job......she is there. She and the sibilings own the lakers and she has the power. I love it. She has to be the first women executive of the nba......LOVE it
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:

all that said......she should have made this move 2 years ago. if she keeps making mistakes, i will talk about her to.....It wont matter much what us fans want about that, public opinion will not change ownership. Go Jeanie Go!!!!
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely not, I can not stand Jeanine Buss. I love Magic the player, appreciate what he has done for the franchise. Would be awesome to have him in meeting with Free Agents. But his position he is not qualified for, and think he has a chance of making it worse. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Jeanine Buss can go walk off a cliff for all I care, she is in it for herself and no one else.

That being said, I am a Lakers fan and will continue to support them as a team.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

If DLo or Ingram are moved, I will be severely upset.

Only way I see it OK if DLO is moved is if we get Lonzo Ball to replace him.

Everyone else on the roster is expendable.

*fingers crossed
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Megaton wrote:
I'm excited. This new FO seems to have a clear vision and think long term, logical moves like that Lou Will trade. Unlike Mitch/Jim with those ridiculous Mozgov and Deng signings and not doing anything to get more assets for our short term players.

Best of all, this FO has made a clear statement that they want to keep the youth core and grow em. Use them to attract free agents for years to come. Unlike the previous one, trying to "compete" every year with mediocre players that also don't fit the team as a whole.

The activity has also been very encouraging. Hopefully we hear a Nick Young trade soon which would solidify my excitement for this management and the direction for this team.

1) The Lakers were clearly shopping Williams before yesterday and Mitch had a Lou trade available as of Sunday night, as per Shelbourne.

2) Mitch (and I assume Jim) had the same vision of building a young core and focusing on development. Jeanie and Magic inherit that vision from their predecessors.

Yea, you know Mitch was trying to develop youth when they refuse to include Ingram in the Cousin's deal. Unless Magic/Jeanie would trade Ingram for Cousin, they have the same vision with Mitch.
TransientTexan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:

that's a ridiculous comparison. the NBA is very different now than it used to be. anyone who didn't see hard times coming after Kobe broke down just doesn't understand basketball. the FO tried everything they could to get him ring #6, trading away draft picks year after year and mortgaging the future and using every scrap of a salary cap exception (MLO) possible. and most of the fans here wouldn't have it any other way and were always asking for the FO to make moves. gotta make hay while the sun is shining. obviously once he declined there wasn't going to be a swift bounce-back.

not only have CBA rules targeted the Lakers, but they got royally screwed by Stern in the CP3 trade, which crushed alot of value the team's assets had and prevented them getting younger. FA's did not want to come be a sidekick to an aging Kobe and a team with no other assets.

then in the same year Kobe finally comes off the books, the salary cap jumps by an unprecedented amount, making the Lakers' cap space meaningless, as even a team like Golden State can sign a Kevin Durant.

Mitch & Jim have definitely made mistakes, but it's unreasonable to ignore the circumstances of some of the failures that would make a rebuild longer. or to act like they never accomplished anything. it's annoying to see the sense of entitlement that some have
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I supported Jim/Mitch.

I support Jeannie/Magic.

I support the Lakers.

Word
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

YES
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Definitely not a fan of Jeanie, but l'm glad her power struggle with his brother is finally over, now maybe she'll stop sabotaging the team by saying something stupid right before free agency period starts.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

I want to and we all will come together. But for now I have a gross taste in my mouth and I want Magic and Jeanie gone - something that will never happen.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
NYLakerFan wrote:
Really? SO all of you who think Jimbo should have been left to run things after FOUR years of total incompetence while already attacking Jeannie after what ... 48 hours ... are holding her to the same standards as a man? Riiiiiiight.

numero-ocho wrote:
NYLakerFan wrote:
All this negative reaction ... and even outright hatred ... toward Jeannie Buss is simply ridiculous. I fear a lot of it is simply because she's a SHE and a lot of "fans" can't stand the idea of a woman running the Lakers.

I can turn that accusation around and say the only reason people support her conniving ways is because she's a SHE and a lot of fans can't stand the idea that a woman would be held to the same standard of ethics as a man running the Lakers.

If Jeanie had been a part of this for only 48 hours, you'd be absolutely right.

You yourself said on your site that Jeanie was completely excluded from basketball operations. I don't see how someone who had no input on basketball decisions would get the blame for our horrible results the past few seasons. Yet we have people attributing Kobe's extension to Jeanie like Jim and Mitch had nothing to do with it, which we all know for a fact isn't the case, and even had people trying to blame her for the Byron Scott hire and every other bad deal the Lakers have made. Jim and Mitch presided over the hands down worst four years in franchise history, and saddled us with the corpses of Deng and Moz on their way out for 135 million. Their firing was completely understandable.

Now, if things don't improve from here, certainly Jeanie should get the blame now since she hired Magic, unlike with Jim where she was just honoring her dad's wishes. But she and Magic deserve the shot that Jim and Mitch got.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
I am at the number of fans who have ZERO tangible information about what goes on in El Segundo let alone at the Buss Family meetings...but who want to trash Jeanie.

1. She's the head of the entire franchise whether you like it or not.

2. Any FO that posts 4 consecutive seasons of historical losses for a championship franchise needs to be fired.

3. Any FO that signs a back up, 30 year old center coming off of injuries and who didn't contribute squat to a championship team to a 4 year contract at 12:01am on the first minute of FA needs to be fired.

Was there bad blood between them? Obviously.

Was there bad communication between them? Absolutely.

Was their drama one-sided? Absolutely Not.

I am shocked at the number of people here who want to attack Jeanie, but who paint an incompetent Jim Buss out to be some icon of class.

Jim has literally failed at everything he's ever tried in business.

Jim cleaned house during the lock-out.

Jim removed any and all connections to a coach that helped us win FIVE Championships...not a week after Phil was let go...but the very next day.

And Jim contacted Phil (the perfect coach for that team) after they fired Mike Brown and then hired Pringles (thw worst coach for that team) while Phil was asleep...literally classless and from every account a purposeful FU to Phil.

I'm not a Jeanie Fan. I'm not a Jim Fan. I'm a Laker Fan.

I support anyone that helps us win games because these last 4 years have been literally unwatchable save for Kobe's last game and the first couple to start this season.

If you think all of this is on Jeanie.

If you think Jim or Mitch didn't get a fair shake after 4 years of incessant failures in FA.

If you think people are supposed to get along because they share similar DNA.

Then you are trippin' and have gotten lost in the drama yourself.

We kept the best of the FO, brought in a great negotiator, and a closer all in one swoop.

If you want to blame Jeanie for anything...blame her for taking too long.

4 Seasons under Jim - Lakers miss the playoffs 4 times.

Let that sink in.

I'm going to add that Jim also informed everyone that they were getting fired while we were still in the playoffs, which I'm sure wasn't a huge distraction.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: