Paul George possibly on the Trading Block. Laker (related) info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

my b-ody is ready for Multiple Sources
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

If this actually happened... Based on some forum posts that implied a 26 year old is too old... Old Man River would be my PG nickname.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
QuadDouble wrote:
where24happens wrote:
Paul George is past his prime, but he's still a top 15-20 player. Won't take you to the promise land but he's the kind of star we need in order to attract other free agents. If they want D-Lo or Ingram, I say let it happen.

Are we talking about the same person?

Aside from batum, LG has issues with almost every player in the league. I don't want to troll but these takes are a joke.

It's because we've had Kobe. And prior to him, we had Magic. So we kinda know what a real super star looks like. Unless you're top 10 of ALL TIME, not just now in the current league, but ALL TIME talent, you usually don't win any chips.

What do these finals have in common for the past 20 years? Shaq, Duncan, Lebron, Kobe, right? Occasionally you have a miracle team like the 2004 Pistons the 2011 Mavs, and recently well rounded teams like the Celtics and Warriors, but for the most part, you need that ALL-TIME player.

Paul George is a talent, but unless he's part of a super team, you're trading for mediocrity. I rather swing for the fences and wait to see if the kids are for reals. If they turn out to be busts, you didn't miss out on championships, you simply missed out on 40 win seasons and Paul George highlights.

I think you make a legitimate point, the only thing that I think is that our young guys need someone really good on their roster to push them. Deng and Mozgov are not really inspiring these young guys much. George would be a huge jump in all around talent on this roster and would be a great mentor for Ingram.

It would be awesome if we could draft Ball from UCLA because he would be a true PG that is happy making a team run smoothly. I look at DLO and feel that his self worth is based on PPG, not APG. I would love to see a roster that has a true playmaker with George and Ingram.

FWIW, I honestly do not think Randle will ever be as good as George. Ingram, hard to tell yet. I suspect he could end out better but too early to tell.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Bird would trade George for Towns or Embiid. Rookie of the year guys.
So I think it's naive to imagine getting him (or Butler) without giving up DLo or Ingram.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I don't think Bird would trade George for Towns or Embiid. Rookie of the year guys.
So I think it's naive to imagine getting him (or Butler) without giving up DLo or Ingram.

I see you're making the point that Bird isn't going to give him away, but those are bad examples because I think Bird would drive him to the airport if he can land one of those. Especially Towns.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Bird would trade for Towns or Embiid in a heartbeat.

Chances are the both as just as good if not much better players.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:
So we going to have Paul George vs Curry/Klay/Green/Durant? The next 5 years?

lol we'll be lucky to even get the 8th seed

We have to start somewhere
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:

Why?
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
What do these finals have in common for the past 20 years? Shaq, Duncan, Lebron, Kobe, right? Occasionally you have a miracle team like the 2004 Pistons the 2011 Mavs, and recently well rounded teams like the Celtics and Warriors, but for the most part, you need that ALL-TIME player.

Paul George is a talent, but unless he's part of a super team, you're trading for mediocrity.

Dude, all of those guys were part of a super pairing or super team(s).

Shaq and Kobe in LA
Kobe and Pau in LA
Shaq and Wade in Miami
Lebron and Wade/Bosh in Miami
Lebron and Love/Irving in Cleveland
Duncan/Robinson and Duncan/Parker/Ginobli/Kawhi in San Antonio.
Pierce/Allen/Garnett in Boston

None of them could win it on their own. And no one is saying Paul George gets us a championship by his lonesome, but he's absolutely good enough to be paired with other top players in order to do so.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Paul George is a talent, but unless he's part of a super team, you're trading for mediocrity.

Shaq and Kobe in LA
Kobe and Pau in LA
Shaq and Wade in Miami

None of them could win it on their own. And no one is saying Paul George gets us a championship by his lonesome, but he's absolutely good enough to be paired with other top players in order to do so.

You're stating the obvious. And in all those pairs, one or even both of them are arguably top 10 all time. If not a pair, then big 3, big 4, etc. What I'm saying is Paul George isn't an all time great. You would need to pair him with an all time great such as Lebron, but there is only one of him. So you need a big 3, or 4, which I've already stated by saying he needs to be part of a super team.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Shaq and Kobe in LA
Kobe and Pau in LA
Shaq and Wade in Miami

You're stating the obvious. And in all those pairs, one or even both of them are arguably top 10 all time. If not a pair, then big 3, big 4, etc. What I'm saying is Paul George isn't an all time great. You would need to pair him with an all time great such as Lebron, but there is only one of him. So you need a big 3, or 4, which I've already stated by saying he needs to be part of a super team.

LeBron is the best player in the world and in the Top 10 all-time, and he requires a Big 3 to win. Paul George would also require a Big 3 to win. What am I missing here?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Shaq and Kobe in LA
Kobe and Pau in LA
Shaq and Wade in Miami

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you've backed yourself into a corner because basically you're saying the Cavs having Kyrie all those years was a waste. Should've traded him for picks to get that next all-time great. It takes talent to acquire talent. Nobody's saying PG is gonna lead us to a title.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Shaq and Kobe in LA
Kobe and Pau in LA
Shaq and Wade in Miami

LeBron is the best player in the world and in the Top 10 all-time, and he requires a Big 3 to win. Paul George would also require a Big 3 to win. What am I missing here?

Don't think the one missing anything is you! LOL

So, it's true George can't win it all by himself.

The logic is: So, we shouldn't sign him because he would not be able to bring us a ring in LA by himself.

We have to sign the first guy somewhere folks!?!?!!

The hope is that we sign one guy, like George, then one of our guys steps up and becomes that solid second piece and THEN someone great who is unhappy in their situation wants to come here and play for a ring.

But that will take a few steps and we have to take that first step eventually.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject:

It seems the order of acquiring the pieces doesn't really matter. You just gotta start acquiring them one by one.

Lakers - Drafted Kobe, Signed Shaq
Lakers - Had Kobe, Traded for Pau
Heat - Had Wade, Traded for Shaq
Heat - Had Wade, Signed LeBron and Bosh
Cavs - Had Kyrie, Signed LeBron, Traded for Love
Celtics - Had Pierce, Traded for Garnett and Allen
Spurs - Had Robinson, Drafted Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Kawhi
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
There's probably 30-40 players above Paul George in PER and other advance statistics. You guys are seriously overrating how impactful he is. I put him in the Top 15-20 in the NBA on pure skill and the eye test, but statistically, you can EASILY make an argument he's not even in there. Maybe he's just chilling in the regular season or he needs a change of scenery, but some of you are talking like he's easily a top 10-15 player. He's not.

Same stats are going to tell we don't have a single player we should keep over someone like him.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
It seems the order of acquiring the pieces doesn't really matter. You just gotta start acquiring them one by one.

Lakers - Drafted Kobe, Signed Shaq
Lakers - Had Kobe, Traded for Pau
Heat - Had Wade, Traded for Shaq
Heat - Had Wade, Signed LeBron and Bosh
Cavs - Had Kyrie, Signed LeBron, Traded for Love
Celtics - Had Pierce, Traded for Garnett and Allen
Spurs - Had Robinson, Drafted Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Kawhi
Forgot the Spurs tanked on purpose that year so hard. It paid off for them! lol Most blatant tanking i ever seen. haha
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject:

It depends on the price. PG13 + DLo/Ingram + 2017top3pick might be enough to get a max FA to sign this summer or next (assuming new FO maneuver mozdeng)
So some people worried that we might make the playoffs and run into GS... lol, that's the whole point. Be a playoff team, build from there then be a contender. This is a ludicrous reason to not want PG13.
The only question is how much assets needed to get him if we have a chance to.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
It depends on the price. PG13 + DLo/Ingram + 2017top3pick might be enough to get a max FA to sign this summer or next (assuming new FO maneuver mozdeng)
So some people worried that we might make the playoffs and run into GS... lol, that's the whole point. Be a playoff team, build from there then be a contender. This is a ludicrous reason to not want PG13.
The only question is how much assets needed to get him if we have a chance to.

The 2017 FA list doesn't show anyone that's exciting for the long run. If we manage to keep the Philly draft pick, then we should use it to trade for another All-Star.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
danzag wrote:
If he wants to come here, sign him as a FA. There's no need to give our entire youth.

we said that with Westbrook and then what happened, need to jump on this asap, can't afford to wait along, FAs nowadays are likely to stay put because of CBA
Agreed..Youth Doesnt win Chips.. Stars do. Randle Russell Clarkson and anyone else the Pacers want can be had for Paul George.

Glad to finally read a voice of reason. I'd trade Randle and Russell for a quality, established player any day of the week.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

The Pacers have a disgruntled star with one year left on his deal who will be a free agent with no restrictions. You really think Bird would turn down Towns or Embiid who he can have for the next 6 years?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

Bird will eventually find a buyer that will take a chance on a 1-year rental.
After that PG will sign with the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

Only way this happens is if PG13 goes on the offensive and demands a trade to the Lakers. Other than that, Bird will sit this trade deadline out and re-evaluate this summer. He probably got a lay of the land to see what teams would offer for PG13.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

I havent kept up with the rumors but just read the woj piece.
So George has actually stated he'd consider signing here?
And magic is close to him?

Where are the rumors the Lakers are trying to trade for him?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

If we wait one more season we can sign him without giving up assets if he really wants to be here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 24 of 55
Jump to: