Statement from Mitch Kupchak
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

VegasLakerFan wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
governator wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
MJST wrote:
Statement from Mitch:
Quote:
I would like to thank the Buss family for 36 incredible years. In particular I would like to acknowledge Dr. Buss who brought me here as a player in 1981. I also want to thank every Laker player, coach and staff member with whom I have worked and who supported me through the good times and the very few not so good times. I am most disappointed that I won't have the opportunity to continue to work with Luke and watch this young and talented team grow and eventually win in the Laker tradition. Finally, my best wishes to Earvin Johnson and the Laker organization going forward.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5Son_oUMAAcMPx.jpg

"You don't have to say anything, when you can say it all by not mentioning her name once."
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/022/138/reece.JPG

Good Riddance to you and Jim Buss as shot callers. You were without question the worst GM the Lakers have had.

5 rings in 17 years service, always a class act... Gracias Mitch!

What's with this class act declaration? I never said the guy was a jerk, I just think he sucked as the Lakers GM. It's a moot point anyway, as he's out the door. Chill out and stop trying to hate on me for voicing my opinion.

No, see - that's how this works. You voice your opinion and then other people also voice their opinions, some of which will probably be about your opinion, what since you chose to "voice" it and all.

--Anonymous
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

Annihilator wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
governator wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
MJST wrote:
Statement from Mitch:
Quote:
I would like to thank the Buss family for 36 incredible years. In particular I would like to acknowledge Dr. Buss who brought me here as a player in 1981. I also want to thank every Laker player, coach and staff member with whom I have worked and who supported me through the good times and the very few not so good times. I am most disappointed that I won't have the opportunity to continue to work with Luke and watch this young and talented team grow and eventually win in the Laker tradition. Finally, my best wishes to Earvin Johnson and the Laker organization going forward.

"You don't have to say anything, when you can say it all by not mentioning her name once."

Good Riddance to you and Jim Buss as shot callers. You were without question the worst GM the Lakers have had.

What's with this class act declaration? I never said the guy was a jerk, I just think he sucked as the Lakers GM. It's a moot point anyway, as he's out the door. Chill out and stop trying to hate on me for voicing my opinion.

No, see - that's how this works. You voice your opinion and then other people also voice their opinions, some of which will probably be about your opinion, what since you chose to "voice" it and all.

The difference being I'm not bashing people for not agreeing with my opinion. I could care less when people don't agree with me. If anything, I respect those who don't agree BUT ask me WHY I feel the way that I do. Whether or not I choose to explain is a different story, but for the people espousing hate because I feel inclined to type my thoughts in a public forum ,those are the folks that need to chill out.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

why did I read Mitch's statement and hear his raspy voice in my head lol Good Luck Mitch thanks for your loyalty and class
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

CaliRyderX wrote:
The difference being I'm not bashing people for not agreeing with my opinion. I could care less when people don't agree with me. If anything, I respect those who don't agree BUT ask me WHY I feel the way that I do. Whether or not I choose to explain is a different story, but for the people espousing hate because I feel inclined to type my thoughts in a public forum ,those are the folks that need to chill out.

Okay, I'll bite. Will you explain why you think that Mitch Kupchak was the worst GM the Lakers have had?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:

Okay, I'll bite. Will you explain why you think that Mitch Kupchak was the worst GM the Lakers have had?
Inb4 listing all the negatives while negating all the positives.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:

Inb4 listing all the negatives while negating all the positives.

Ha ha. I figure Cali was educated by the shock jocks on the radio - because they know the Lakers oh so well and don't ride the latest trends of thought. Oh hey, that's my opinion! Don't go challenging it now, anyone!

Back to what really matters: Thank you, Mitch, for an incredible run with the Lakers. You did the franchise and its fans proud.
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Mitch, truly a class act and you will be missed. Sorry it had to end this way.
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Really sad to see Mitch go. I think he was a great GM (the best drafter in the NBA) but I also think he was a good fit for the Lakers. Most GM's have huge egos and take responsibility for every good thing that happens. Mitch was the most humble public person I've ever read about. Given all the stakeholders in the Lakers, I think it was important that the GM didn't try to hog all the credit. I don't see Magic being that way and that could lead to yet more front office turmoil.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Classy Mitch. Wish him the best, wish he could have stayed in some capacity. Jimbo can go kick rocks.

Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Wish Mitch the best of luck. His moves netted us 2 championships. Not many org's can say the same in the last 10 years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

CaliRyderX wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
governator wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
MJST wrote:
Statement from Mitch:
Quote:

No one's bashing you, no need to be so sensitive. What they're saying is that a mute button would be great so they wouldn't have to read posts like your first one, and I agree with them. Nothing but meaningless hyperbole and ugliness.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

CaliRyderX wrote:
MJST wrote:
Statement from Mitch:
Quote:

Mitch's unlikely trade for Pau got us two rings. That alone makes him a worthy GM in Lakers history.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:

im curious to know too..
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

Thank you for your years of hard work for our team Mitch.

Do it Mitch!!!!!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

He had the one really brilliant move of getting Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown.

That was huge and directly led to two titles.

He also always conducted himself with class which I respect.

But change was needed at this point in my opinion.

Best of luck to Mitch Kupchak.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

trevor ariza, marc gasol, the blocked CP3 trade, trading a broken asset for Dwight (even though dwight left)..there's some others im forgetting. But to say Mitch had only one really brililant move is doing a disservice to all his other brilliant moves. lets not forget the wand.

you are right though; change was needed at this point.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

trevor ariza, marc gasol, the blocked CP3 trade, trading a broken asset for Dwight (even though dwight left)..there's some others im forgetting. But to say Mitch had only one really brililant move is doing a disservice to all his other brilliant moves. lets not forget the wand.

you are right though; change was needed at this point.

the Sterned CP3 trade!!!!

Forgot about that
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

VegasLakerFan wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
governator wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:
MJST wrote:
Statement from Mitch:
Quote:

No one's bashing you, no need to be so sensitive. What they're saying is that a mute button would be great so they wouldn't have to read posts like your first one, and I agree with them. Nothing but meaningless hyperbole and ugliness.

I'm not sensitive at all. And you're wrong, quite a number of folks have bashed me. I've been called classless, a moron, "effing" stupid, etc. It makes no difference to me. I'm still not going to change my opinion, regardless of how many "keyboard thugs" feel inclined to criticize me over my opinion of "Kupcake" and "Jimbo". Like I already said, at the end of the day, a new regime is on board in the Laker front office, and I'm excited to see what they do to improve this team. Mitch, Jim Buss, and the haters be damned....Let's go Lakers!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

CaliRyderX wrote:

I'm not sensitive at all. And you're wrong, quite a number of folks have bashed me. I've been called classless, a moron, "effing" stupid, etc. It makes no difference to me. I'm still not going to change my opinion, regardless of how many "keyboard thugs" feel inclined to criticize me over my opinion of "Kupcake" and "Jimbo". Like I already said, at the end of the day, a new regime is on board in the Laker front office, and I'm excited to see what they do to improve this team. Mitch, Jim Buss, and the haters be damned....Let's go Lakers!

Since you have, with your historic knowledge of the Lakers, decided that Mitch was far and away the worst GM in the history of the franchise, I'm really curious about your thoughts on Odd Moe and his ranking among Lakers GMs?
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Statement from Mitch Kupchak

RG73 wrote:
CaliRyderX wrote:

Since you have, with your historic knowledge of the Lakers, decided that Mitch was far and away the worst GM in the history of the franchise, I'm really curious about your thoughts on Odd Moe and his ranking among Lakers GMs?

With my "historic knowledge", lol. I'm not going to humor you or anybody else, nor will I respond to your sarcastic tone. I said what I said. If you don't like it, that's great. If you do like it, that's great. But I'm done....time to move on and see what Magic and Pelinka can do for this squad.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

Magic and the President of Basketball Operations after him will all be "one of the worst" in Lakers history. Because these Mitch haters will soon find out that he and Jeannie will be held to the same haughty ideology in La La Land. And that is the Lakers are prestigious while everyone else isn't. That our players, organization, brass, etc. are supposed to be exceptional. The roller-coasters that other franchises go through should never happen to us. The standards are high around here. So high that Mitch is one of the worst ever, our rookies are already busts because they didn't do what Magic Johnson did out the gate. Magic and Jeannie has already conveniently reset the clock for themselves saying this will take 3 to 5 years. LOL! Yeah right. Worst owner, worst President of Operations, worst Rob Lowe lookalike rumblings will be heard by next summer. Because that is the Lakers standard.
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Magic and the President of Basketball Operations after him will all be "one of the worst" in Lakers history. Because these Mitch haters will soon find out that he and Jeannie will be held to the same haughty ideology in La La Land. And that is the Lakers are prestigious while everyone else isn't. That our players, organization, brass, etc. are supposed to be exceptional. The roller-coasters that other franchises go through should never happen to us. The standards are high around here. So high that Mitch is one of the worst ever, our rookies are already busts because they didn't do what Magic Johnson did out the gate. Magic and Jeannie has already conveniently reset the clock for themselves saying this will take 3 to 5 years. LOL! Yeah right. Worst owner, worst President of Operations, worst Rob Lowe lookalike rumblings will be heard by next summer. Because that is the Lakers standard.

I hope you're wrong, but I'm excited about the Lakers potential, regardless.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: