Official Tyler Ennis Thread....He was Waived today (6/28)!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
epak wrote:
I like Ennis. But we already have a $12M backup guard.
I think $1.3M Nwaba makes the team over $3+M Ennis.

Ennis will be cheap and that $12M backup could be an important piece in a trade. He's a better fit in our system than JC anyway.
i hope he is gone next year

Ennis or JC?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

If we draft a PG will Ennis be back next season??

Lakers rumors: Three teams that Tyler Ennis could end up next season

http://lasportshub.com/2017/06/07/lakers-rumors-ennis-free/
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Naf_srekaL wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
I'd like to see Nwaba back and I like Ennis too. You figure we are drafting Ball; do we part with either Russell or Clarkson? If either is traded, that makes the likelihood of either of the bench guys staying. We might just stand pat in the backcourt and everybody will be back.

I doubt we part with Russell, and can only see us parting with Clarkson if it's for PG.

I think Ennis stays, but I think Young leaves as he stands to make more money elsewhere.

Lonzo / Russell / Clarkson / Ennis / Nwaba is my expected rotation for next year at the guard positions.

I like that rotation but all of those guys are 25 or under so it might be a good idea to bring in a veteran such as Livingston or Collison to help mentor those guys.

Would love to see a Livingston or Mills type brought in. Quality players from quality organizations to help. Even Deron Wlliams would be an interesting option for the right price.

Draft and any potential trades could help clarify the situation. That rotation looks good but is Clarkson really on the trading block? Does Young opt out?Can they re-sign Ennis? That $2.7M limit should be doable but it only takes one team to be interested enough to offer slightly more.

Another thing to consider is which player is taken with #28. Some of the most discussed are guards. For example- I like Ennis, but I like Hart more. Is there room for both?

Until we see how the FO approaches not just the draft but free agency and trades it is difficult to predict the likely 6 man guard rotation. So many different options depending on how they decide to approach not just this season but the next couple seasons. Whichever path they take will cause the dominoes to fall into place.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Would love to see a Livingston or Mills type brought in

I would love to get either guy.

Livingston in my opinion is one of the most underrated guys in the league at present.

Mills would bring some much needed defense in the backcourt along with 3 pt shooting and big game experience.

Either would be a huge upgrade from Sunset Strip Clarkson.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Would love to see a Livingston or Mills type brought in

I would love to get either guy.

Livingston in my opinion is one of the most underrated guys in the league at present.

Mills would bring some much needed defense in the backcourt along with 3 pt shooting and big game experience.

Either would be a huge upgrade from Sunset Strip Clarkson.

How much do you pay for a 32 year old who'll probably play about 15-18 mins a game?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

How much do you pay for a 32 year old who'll probably play about 15-18 mins a game?

If they lose Clarkson, I think there would be more minutes available.

The pay of course is the key question, it will be interesting to see what Livingston and Mills are offered. Likely we would have to overpay to get them away from their current situations or other contending teams.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I know he hasn't gotten his payday yet, but I believe if LA is interested in Ennis he would take less to stay because here he could see real minutes on a high profile team that he seemed to fit well with. The prospects of playing well next year could make him a lot of money.

The trick for LA (again, if they're interested) will be retaining his Bird Rights at a low hold footprint. A win-win could be a minimum deal with a second year player option. That gives Ennis a little security if things don't go well but the upside of a new deal if things do. He would also have trade veto rights so no risk of signing on the cheap to be dealt. Regardless of whether he opts in or out his cap hold would be more or less similar to the roster hold would be.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
epak wrote:

The pay of course is the key question, it will be interesting to see what Livingston and Mills are offered. Likely we would have to overpay to get them away from their current situations or other contending teams.

Which is the problem due to MozDeng.

If we were blessed to make the proposed Clarkson/Mozgov/#28 for Brook Lopez trade (unlikely), then it'd make sense to go for one as that clears up almost $30M in cap space.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
epak wrote:

Going to be interesting to see how aggressive the Lakers are this year in free agency. Arguments are solid for one year overpays, landing a very good player or passing until 2018. Which best fits the Lakers overall plan?

Going to be intersting to see how Spurs and Warriors handle the off-season. There could be several player available depending on what they do and how it effects their RFAs. . Not just Livingston and Mills but Clark, Iguodala and Simmons. All would be solid additions to the Laker's rebuilding plan.

Ennis is just one option. May even fit with multiple other additions by draft and free agency. I liked what he did last season but bringing him back is likely low on the priority list.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Los Angeles leaning toward re-signing Tyler Ennis

Quote:
Recent Lakers rumors are that they are still focused on developing their young talent versus making a splash in free agency. This will likely give Tyler Ennis another shot with the purple and gold.

Over the past number of weeks, there have been plenty of Lakers Rumors. While most teams are gearing up to make major plays during the NBA’s free agency, the Los Angeles Lakers are looking to be conservative. Magic Johnson told Spectrum SportsNet that the Lakers weren’t going to target big players in this year’s free agency and instead they are focusing on free agency in 2018.

“We’re not going to be a major player. We’re going to probably sign one or two guys and they will be guys that fit a need for us.”

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/06/30/lakers-rumors-los-angeles-leaning-toward-re-signing-tyler-ennis/
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
Recent Lakers rumors are that they are still focused on developing their young talent versus making a splash in free agency. This will likely give Tyler Ennis another shot with the purple and gold.

Over the past number of weeks, there have been plenty of Lakers Rumors. While most teams are gearing up to make major plays during the NBA’s free agency, the Los Angeles Lakers are looking to be conservative. Magic Johnson told Spectrum SportsNet that the Lakers weren’t going to target big players in this year’s free agency and instead they are focusing on free agency in 2018.

“We’re not going to be a major player. We’re going to probably sign one or two guys and they will be guys that fit a need for us.”

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/06/30/lakers-rumors-los-angeles-leaning-toward-re-signing-tyler-ennis/

This would be a smart move...he is a good steady player who can start while we bring Lonzo in with the 2nd unit like we did with Brandon Ingram in his first year....and wont cost us a ton
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

This would be a smart move...he is a good steady player who can start while we bring Lonzo in with the 2nd unit like we did with Brandon Ingram in his first year....and wont cost us a ton

Lonzo will start, TI will be his back-up. But he will be a good one.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

]

We didnt start Ingram.....dont see why we would break trend here
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:

Maybe because we didn't pay a ton of money like we did for the guy who was supposed to ease Ingram into the starting role.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
pio2u wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

]

Have to agree that with this roster configuration... Ball is starting over Ennis.

I have no problem with bringing Ball off the bench. But that option takes a legitimate starter. Not a nice bench project. Lakers decided to save the cap for next year.

There are not too many legitimate players willing to agree to a one year rental deal and assume a starters role. Funny because Rondo (whether you like him or not) is about the only realistic option that fits that description. And I have doubts that even he accepts a one year deal.

I think Hill is about the only starting level PG still on the market. That is not happening. as the Lakers remain passive and fantasize about future years instead of the present.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

The FO is being patient and checking out all options but I really hope we bring TE back. I have not heard what other teams are interested but he is a decent back-up pg.

He averaged 7.7 points and 2.4 assists since joining the team and proved he could direct an offense. Plus he shot 38.9 percent from three-point range.

Do it Magilinka!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

Signing Tyler Ennis vs. Rajon Rondo

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers have made some bold moves already this offseason, most notably, trading away D’Angelo Russell and drafting Lonzo Ball. Now they are looking for depth in the backcourt. Do they go with a veteran or a prospect with the potential of a high upside?

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/07/06/los-angeles-lakers-signing-tyler-ennis-vs-rajon-rondo/
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
The FO is being patient and checking out all options but I really hope we bring TE back. I have not heard what other teams are interested but he is a decent back-up pg.

He averaged 7.7 points and 2.4 assists since joining the team and proved he could direct an offense. Plus he shot 38.9 percent from three-point range.

Do it Magilinka!

agree. He could play spot min at SG if needed
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject:

Rather they brought back Ennis than sign Rondo ( ), as the Lakers can only offer Ennis a couple of million and it wouldn't use all of the remaining cap space.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Do it Magilinka!

Hope we dont lose TE to another team
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Didn't realize this but the 2013 draft pick we gave to PHX to sign Steve Nash turned out to be Tyler Ennis. So in a way, he's indirectly a Lakers pick!

Quote:
2013 first-round pick (No. 30 overall) — The Suns used this pick to select Nemanja Nedovic from Serbia. His rights were then traded to the Golden State Warriors for Archie Goodwin and Malcolm Lee, with Lee then being used as part of a package to acquire the No. 18 pick in the 2014 draft which was used to pick Tyler Ennis.

http://www.businessinsider.com/steve-nash-trade-los-angeles-lakers-phoenix-suns-2015-3
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Ramona Shelburne‏Verified account
@ramonashelburne
Following
More
Lakers have agreed to a one-year minimum contract with Tyler Ennis. Team option on Year 2, per league source.
1:24 PM - 25 Jul 2017

WELCOME BACK ENNIS!!!

GREAT SIGNING....GREAT DEAL FOR US.

Last edited by kobe_luver on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Good move, welcome back Tyler P Ennis!
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Happy for the kid
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

this is an unreal deal for the lakers lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 26 of 38
Jump to: