Official Tyler Ennis Thread....He was Waived today (6/28)!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Welcome to the Lakers, Tyler!!

Any highlights or lowlights of him?

11 Assists

13 Points

hmm, looks like JC with DLo's athleticism

Don't forget those are the highlights. If someone look ugly on facebook you know it is a "monster" in real life because everybody chooses the best pic ever.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

I find it hard to believe that anyone can find the energy to criticize this trade.

Two end of the bench players on minimal contracts. Long shots to even be on the team by the start of next season.

One a 33 yr old with limited skills and no future. One a 22 yr old with limited skills and the "potential" to be a legitimate role player.

What have the Lakers got to lose? Ennis is a better then a couple of 10 day D-Leaguers filling out the roster the last 24 games.

I'm going to root that he plays well enough to make the team. A diamond in the rough find by West. A young replacement for Huertas' end of the bench 23 games at 10 mpg stats he put up this year.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

He reminds me a whole lot of his fellow canadian cory joseph, same height and wingspan. We'll see but i feel he has some potential
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

yeah, I'm curious to see him and why he hasn't panned out. Maybe he just needs guidance on what to work on?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
yeah, I'm curious to see him and why he hasn't panned out. Maybe he just needs guidance on what to work on?

Skills.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I find it hard to believe that anyone can find the energy to criticize this trade.

Two end of the bench players on minimal contracts. Long shots to even be on the team by the start of next season.

One a 33 yr old with limited skills and no future. One a 22 yr old with limited skills and the "potential" to be a legitimate role player.

What have the Lakers got to lose? Ennis is a better then a couple of 10 day D-Leaguers filling out the roster the last 24 games.

I'm going to root that he plays well enough to make the team. A diamond in the rough find by West. A young replacement for Huertas' end of the bench 23 games at 10 mpg stats he put up this year.

Yeah we're free rolling on this trade. No risk, low reward but if he sucks wich he most likely does (he looks small and slow) he helps the tank.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

Counting on Ennis to be our Kendall Marshall breakout player off the bench but that we hold on to in the off-season
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

Brewer is 30, but yeah, I agree. I mean, few teams would have been in market for Lou. Only contending teams that maybe lost a player, or, fringe contenders like Houston. I have no issues with the trades at all. We get a crack at Ennis for basically nothing and got a first round pick out of a guy who had no long term value for us.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Brewer is 30, but yeah, I agree. I mean, few teams would have been in market for Lou. Only contending teams that maybe lost a player, or, fringe contenders like Houston. I have no issues with the trades at all. We get a crack at Ennis for basically nothing and got a first round pick out of a guy who had no long term value for us.

You misunderstood....the 33 yr old was referring to Huertas not Brewer. They were comparing having 33 yr old Huertas compared to 22 yr old Ennis we now have.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

I hope Ennis can bring that defense he was touted for out of college, along with a near 40% 3pt shooting.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

Interesting how Ennis does now to the end of the season, it made sense trading Huertas for a young PG. Is there any PGs in the D-League people would have rather seen the Lakers for go than Ennis?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

Today will be Ennis's first practice with the team.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I hope Ennis can bring that defense he was touted for out of college, along with a near 40% 3pt shooting.

Three words. Two shot one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

The Lakers have nothing to lose and likely nothing to win. Classic "kiss your cousin" situation.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

Laker ore-draft workout interview

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

You misunderstood....the 33 yr old was referring to Huertas not Brewer. They were comparing having 33 yr old Huertas compared to 22 yr old Ennis we now have.

Ahh, gotcha. Thought he was referring to the two guys we acquired.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see him get a few minutes to show off his playmaking skills.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Joey KaufmanVerified account‏@joeyrkaufman 11m11 minutes ago
More
Luke Walton on Ennis: "We definitely want to get him out there and give him some opportunities and some chances."
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Ennis talks chemistry with Jordan Clarkson

He says that one of the biggest parts of playing his position is being able to connect with teammates. He has a bit of an edge in that department considering that he and Jordan Clarkson became friends while preparing for the draft in Los Angeles together three years ago.

“We worked out every day against each other,” Ennis said at Saturday’s practice. “I definitely got better playing against him, him playing against me. I think we definitely have chemistry off the bat.”

Meanwhile, his new head coach, Luke Walton, considered himself a “big fan” of Ennis’ game back when he was leading the ACC in both assists and steals for Syracuse back in 2013-14.
http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170225-practice-report?cid=tw

Interview:
http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/teams/lakers/2017/02/25/1488057929484-170225tyler-ennis-1250582

Good to hear him and JC have history/chemistry/friendship. As he'll be our backup 1, him having Clarkson as his shooting guard and them having chemistry is a good starting point.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Going to be interesting to see if Ennis can find a role with the Lakers or as a pro in general. Sounds like Walton likes his potential and he will get his chance on the court.

Curious if anyone knows why he has moved from team to team and not found a niche. Drafted 18th with some decent skills and intangibles. Why is he struggling to transition into the pros?
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

He'll help with the tank. General Ennis and Brewer will steer this thing to the promised land
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

Official press release: Tyler Ennis

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired guard Tyler Ennis and the draft rights to guard/forward Brad Newley from the Houston Rockets in exchange for guard Marcelo Huertas, it was announced today by President of Basketball Operations Earvin “Magic” Johnson.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/170223-tyler-ennis-acquired?ls=recent_news
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

Going to be interesting to see if Ennis can find a role with the Lakers or as a pro in general. Sounds like Walton likes his potential and he will get his chance on the court.

Curious if anyone knows why he has moved from team to team and not found a niche. Drafted 18th with some decent skills and intangibles. Why is he struggling to transition into the pros?

Like Kendall Marshal he needs a specific team and a specific style to utilize what he brings to the table.

He obviously does have talent but he needs a very specific niche.

We'll see if it's here.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

No much expectation for a 3rd point guard. He should be A better defender than Huertas
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

I'll take a stab in the dark and say Ennis will be our backup point guard, or at the very least he'll have an opportunity to be.

He encapsulates what Luke wants in the backup 1 with ball movement, stuff he was asking of Clarkson but Clarkson was unable to do on a consistent basis. Ennis is that kind of player but he also has a jump shot to keep defenses honest, which is something Huertas did not have, and something Calderon was too old to take advantage of.

Ennis also prides himself on defending, so that's something else Luke will appreciate. I think he'll have his opportunities, just hope he takes advantage of them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 7 of 38
Jump to: