Official Tyler Ennis Thread....He was Waived today (6/28)!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
MJST wrote:
That lineup we ran of

Ennis
Clarkson
Brewer
Nance Jr.
Mozgov

Was one of our most effective units of the night and got us a lot of momentum plays and was able to handle some of the starters they went up against and caused a lot of problems for Cousins.

So naturally... the lineup was never used again after the 2nd quarter. :

That was because JC didn't have the ball in his hands all the time and less bone headed plays. At least Ennis kept the ball moving and that is why it was effective.

Yep, it's because Ennis is an actual point guard and allows JC to legitimately play off ball as a shooting guard, and Ennis is capable of making point guard plays.

That [expletive] up lineup that Luke trotted out without Ennis and thus putting the ball into Clarkson's hands is what screwed us over in the 3rd among other things.

Ennis
Clarkson
Brewer
Nance Jr.
Mozgov

is a solid bench unit to trot out there, especially on the defensive end because of Brewer, Nance Jr, and Mozgov as your defensive last lines of defense.

if Clarkson was actually a capable point guard you'd be able to move him to the 1 and put Nwaba at the 2, but we can't because Clarkson isn't.

But he sure as heck looked good when he had a point guard next to him and thus he didn't have to worry about orchestrating everything.

Why Luke didn't even think to go back to that I'll have no idea.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
MJST wrote:
That lineup we ran of

Ennis
Clarkson
Brewer
Nance Jr.
Mozgov

Was one of our most effective units of the night and got us a lot of momentum plays and was able to handle some of the starters they went up against and caused a lot of problems for Cousins.

So naturally... the lineup was never used again after the 2nd quarter. :

That was because JC didn't have the ball in his hands all the time and less bone headed plays. At least Ennis kept the ball moving and that is why it was effective.

Yep, it's because Ennis is an actual point guard and allows JC to legitimately play off ball as a shooting guard, and Ennis is capable of making point guard plays.

That [expletive] up lineup that Luke trotted out without Ennis and thus putting the ball into Clarkson's hands is what screwed us over in the 3rd among other things.

Ennis
Clarkson
Brewer
Nance Jr.
Mozgov

is a solid bench unit to trot out there, especially on the defensive end because of Brewer, Nance Jr, and Mozgov as your defensive last lines of defense.

if Clarkson was actually a capable point guard you'd be able to move him to the 1 and put Nwaba at the 2, but we can't because Clarkson isn't.

But he sure as heck looked good when he had a point guard next to him and thus he didn't have to worry about orchestrating everything.

Why Luke didn't even think to go back to that I'll have no idea.

Yeah Luke has a lot to learn as a coach as far as what works and what doesnt. You have to know your players well and JC is not pg caliber guard, Luke should know that. I guess it's a learning curve for everyone on this team.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Did well tonight.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

I think Innes can play, he knows how to control the tempo and get the ball to people in the right spots. He's a true PG something the Lakers really need and you can see how the team responds when he's in the lineup. I liked how that group last night played, their defense was 10X better than the starters.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

Jury is still out on him IMO. I think he can be effective in limited minutes. Has the speed to penetrate and dish to the open man. Didn't look good vs the Pelicans, but did okay against the Mavs.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

is this kid good enough to be the 2nd unit PG consistently?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

I want to see more of Ennis and DLO on the floor together
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

As opposed to others I like what I see so far. I say try him with the starting lineup and move DLO to the SG position and see how that works.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I think he can be. Would take a lot of responsibility off of Clarkson's shoulders, which helps JC.

That

Ennis
Clarkson
Brewer
Nance Jr.
Mozgov

lineup we ran with our bench against the Pels is one of the best I saw in terms of maximizing what guys could do, as well as the defensive potential of the Brewer,Nance,Mozgov last lines of defense. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and wish Luke would go back to it. Having Mozgov as a defensive backup 5 is an advantage.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
governator wrote:

I think he can be. Would take a lot of responsibility off of Clarkson's shoulders, which helps JC.

That

Ennis
Clarkson
Brewer
Nance Jr.
Mozgov

lineup we ran with our bench against the Pels is one of the best I saw in terms of maximizing what guys could do, as well as the defensive potential of the Brewer,Nance,Mozgov last lines of defense. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and wish Luke would go back to it. Having Mozgov as a defensive backup 5 is an advantage.

Ennis has dont nothing since he was drafted so I'm going to say no but there always a chance. We are playing our young guys so he will be given some playing time its up too him what he does with it.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Low ceiling, decent floor. It's whatever.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Almost no player is good enough to play 2nd string PG consistently. Either they are not good enough (i.e. Farmar), or they will think they are better then they are and want to start (i.e. Reggie Jackson).

The best 2nd string PGs are either young guys like OKC Reggie Jackson, or veteran players willing to accept a reduced role due to age, injury, etc (i.e. Livingston).

If Ennis, at his age, could consistently play as a 2nd string PG well, he'd be gone.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I'm convinced the Lakers could have held an open workout and found a better guard with more potential than Ennis. Quinn Cook, GP2, Pierre Jackson etc.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm convinced the Lakers could have held an open workout and found a better guard with more potential than Ennis. Quinn Cook, GP2, Pierre Jackson etc.

Cook was someone I was interested in. Love GP2 but for some reason just isn't getting the call ups.

I'll say this. Ennis > Huertas.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

I semi-agree, although Ennis needs more time to show what his strengths are. I'm sold on his drive and dish ability. Somewhat reminds me of Cameron Payne, although Ennis does not have the same hop in his step.

Interestingly enough, Mavs are doing a stealth rebuild with some relatively unknown talents (Seth, Yogi, Cook). Seth was a low risk, high reward signing. Yogi, Cook showed they were able to run their respective teams in the d-league and did more than just score. Magette has been a question mark. He's skilled, but has the body of a teenager. Almost made the Hawks roster despite that. NBA might still be in his cards.

Teams nabbed Cook, Ferrell, Chasson, Nwaba, Harper, etc as soon as they turned into hot commodities in the d-league. According to Chris Riethart (d-league aficionado) there are other gems out there - just depends on team needs. I'm optimistic the new management will find some gems. It's good that Joey, Jesse, Ryan will have more active input in personnel decisions. No more obsolete talents like 32 year old Huertas (Sergio Rodriguez or Seth Curry would have been the much better moves).
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Cook was someone I was interested in. Love GP2 but for some reason just isn't getting the call ups.

I'll say this. Ennis > Huertas.

Neither should be on the team next year. I would be looking for a long term find. Might be a Nwaba
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
I want to see more of Ennis and DLO on the floor together

Yeah that's an experiment I'd love to see Walton try out. It will give us an idea of how well DLO plays off ball as a SG next to a playmaking PG. Maybe a preview of what he would be like next to Ball. Even though I'm not comparing Innes to Ball, Innes is still a prototypical point guard.
Epic1971
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Starting a guy like Ennis kills 2 birds. We see what we got, and we probably get our asses handed to us, thus increasing the lotto chances.

Sad, but that is reality.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Even with the great first half, he just doesn't look the part of an NBA caliber rotation PG
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Tyler Ennis On First Encounter With Kobe Bryant, His Crazy Ride From Canada To The NBA

Quote:
Since declaring for the NBA Draft after his freshman year at Syracuse University, Los Angeles Lakers point guard Tyler Ennis has already had quite the tumultuous ride to kick off his NBA career. Drafted with the 18th pick in the 2014 NBA Draft by the Phoenix Suns, Ennis was later traded to the Milwaukee Bucks and then the Houston Rockets, before landing in L.A. just minutes before the NBA trade deadline, about a month ago.

http://www.lakersnation.com/tyler-ennis-on-first-encounter-with-kobe-bryant-his-crazy-ride-from-canada-to-the-nba/2017/03/20/
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

His drive game is starting to impress. Also impressed with his PG skills. Still needs to be evaluated on other fronts. If he gets the outside shot down, I can see him staying on the roster next season.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
His drive game is starting to impress. Also impressed with his PG skills. Still needs to be evaluated on other fronts. If he gets the outside shot down, I can see him staying on the roster next season.

I was at the game tonight
He can drive and finish and is quick
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to like him, he looks like he can be serviceable, but he has a lot to learn to stick in the NBA.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I didn't watch today's game. But based on DB's writeup, maybe I'm wrong about him?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:

He can't shoot, tho.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 11 of 38
Jump to: