Official Tyler Ennis Thread....He was Waived today (6/28)!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

He's bad. I don't know why anyone would be unsure about that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
His drive game is starting to impress. Also impressed with his PG skills. Still needs to be evaluated on other fronts. If he gets the outside shot down, I can see him staying on the roster next season.

I was at the game tonight
He can drive and finish and is quick

He MAY be our 3rd string pg of the future.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Do I have to take back all the times I called him a scrub or is this just a fluke?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Do I have to take back all the times I called him a scrub or is this just a fluke?

I wanna agree with you but Bazemore was just like Ennis and when he got PT he went on to be a real solid player... I believe in Ennis if Bazemore can do it so can Ennis.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Need more data.

!...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
tox wrote:

Need more data.

Ya he's been trash tonight pretty much since I made that post
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

On some possessions he looks like a competent second string PG, on other possession he looks like a competent second string PG in the D-League
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I think Ennis would make a fine backup point guard for us. Would also take some iso out of Clarkson's hands and he can move off ball.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how he must feel knowing that we play him because we know he sucks
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
On some possessions he looks like a competent second string PG, on other possession he looks like a competent second string PG in the D-League

He's not comfortable settling for the long ball and is almost entirely dependent on his drive/dish game. Even though he lacks confidence in his jumper, I think he has a chance of being a rotation player if he gets that midrange / three-point shot down. IMO, he has upside at 22 and improvement is inevitable. I'm looking forward to seeing how he finishes the season. I'm guessing he'll improve in enough areas to warrant another look at him next season. I think he's too good for the d-league tbh.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

He's not comfortable settling for the long ball and is almost entirely dependent on his drive/dish game. Even though he lacks confidence in his jumper, I think he has a chance of being a rotation player if he gets that midrange / three-point shot down. IMO, he has upside at 22 and improvement is inevitable. I'm looking forward to seeing how he finishes the season. I'm guessing he'll improve in enough areas to warrant another look at him next season. I think he's too good for the d-league tbh.

His jumper is part of the issue but he also over penetrates and dribbles too much. While Clarkson is culpurable to this at least JC makes it up with his ability to score. He isn't completely awful on some possessions but he's also prone to making dumb mistakes
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
tox wrote:

Need more data.

He's very obviously a bad basketball player. At his best (absolute, utter best), he's a competent back-up pg. At his worst, he's out of the league. He's a 3rd-string PG - no more, no less. I think it's pretty clear that his "success" comes from the fact that no team will ever spend a second scouting him, nor try that hard when they are playing us. The second a team locks in, or a coach musters just enough effort to key a player into his tendencies, he's a 0.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
tox wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
tox wrote:

Need more data.

He's very obviously a bad basketball player. At his best (absolute, utter best), he's a competent back-up pg. At his worst, he's out of the league. He's a 3rd-string PG - no more, no less. I think it's pretty clear that his "success" comes from the fact that no team will ever spend a second scouting him, nor try that hard when they are playing us. The second a team locks in, or a coach musters just enough effort to key a player into his tendencies, he's a 0.

Sounds like what people were saying about 3rd year Seth Curry.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
tox wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
tox wrote:

Need more data.

Sounds like what people were saying about 3rd year Seth Curry.

If Seth Curry couldn't shoot like Seth Curry. Ennis has Huertas upside.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
tox wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
tox wrote:

Need more data.

That's a fair assessment.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:

He makes 1.7 mil per year so I'm quite sure that his feelings are far from hurt.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

He looks pretty good tonight.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

TE has been playing solid these last few games in limited minutes. He may work himself into a job as a solid back-up/3rd team role with this team.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Actually wouldn't mind if he's an invite. As much as I gave him flack earlier in the season, he's shown enough to warrant a camp invite at the very least. Depends a lot on whether he can make better decisions and if he develops his shot from three.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
TE has been playing solid these last few games in limited minutes. He may work himself into a job as a solid back-up/3rd team role with this team.

I agree.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Remember, we can only offer him up to $2.6 Million next season....and I think a team will offer him more...he is only 22 years old and has enough raw ability, someone will likely be intrigued by him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Remember, we can only offer him up to $2.6 Million next season....and I think a team will offer him more...he is only 22 years old and has enough raw ability, someone will likely be intrigued by him.

maybe, maybe not
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:

He makes 1.7 mil per year so I'm quite sure that his feelings are far from hurt.

A good game from him is his way of sticking it to the Lakers
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
adkindo wrote:

maybe, maybe not

I am not against keeping him...I think he could actually develop much more, and become a solid backup...not sure why some want to run a 22 year old out of the league....we know he is skilled....just dont want to plan on it then being disappointed when someone signs him for $2.9 Million. These are the guys you want as 3rd stringers....guys that could play a few minutes if needed, but young enough with enough raw ability that they could develop into something more...every once in a while you might get lucky and they develop into something much more.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
pio2u wrote:
adkindo wrote:

maybe, maybe not

I am not against keeping him...I think he could actually develop much more, and become a solid backup...not sure why some want to run a 22 year old out of the league....we know he is skilled....just dont want to plan on it then being disappointed when someone signs him for $2.9 Million. These are the guys you want as 3rd stringers....guys that could play a few minutes if needed, but young enough with enough raw ability that they could develop into something more...every once in a while you might get lucky and they develop into something much more.

Been saying for a while that he still needs to be evaluated. Until they find a better second or third string PG, Ennis will probably stay on the roster. Hell, they will be fishing for a good 1st string PG in this upcoming draft, so what's the rush? Kyler has arguably played the best ball of his career these last 3 games. At 22 years of age, he's got plenty of room to grow as well. Management would be crazy to not see where it goes. I'm def rooting for him. Of course, all bets are off if the Lakers are having a firesale this summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 12 of 38
Jump to: