Draymond Green shows why he's the most savage player in NBA history
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Draymond Green shows why he's the most savage player in NBA history

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/paul-pierce-wheelchair.jpg
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

No lies told

Pau Gasol is nice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Chasing that farewell tour... they don't love you like that!
You ain't getting no farewell tour.. they don't love you like that!
You thought you was Kobe???

Holy crap.. I teared up laughing
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Dayum!
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

He sure talks a lot for a dude fortunate enough to be on a team that carries him to a +12 on a night when he scores barely scores more points (7) than he does turnovers (6) and fouls (5) ...
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Take him on my team anyday.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Take him on my team anyday.

Yeah, well, wear a cup ...and you better have three or four all stars around him; otherwise, you'll be sitting at home in May and June.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Lebron fans
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
He sure talks a lot for a dude fortunate enough to be on a team that carries him to a +12 on a night when he scores barely scores more points (7) than he does turnovers (6) and fouls (5) ...

He's by far the best defensive player on the best team in the league while averaging 10/8/7 with 1.5 steals and 2.1 blocks. What's Pierce doing these days?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
the association wrote:

He's by far the best defensive player on the best team in the league while averaging 10/8/7 with 1.5 steals and 2.1 blocks. What's Pierce doing these days?

Losing
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
the association wrote:

Pierce is 39 years old. He's six or seven years past his prime. Why is the best defensive player on the best team worried about a 39 year old? Fixating on his retirement? Really, that's what's going on in that dude's head? Wait ... is Pierce in his head ... ? Like, the LeBron fans in satanrubio's head ... ?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Green does talk too much for a guy that cost his team a championship with his pointless kicking of other players. He also tried to kick Blake today (this after elbowing him in December) so it's a habit he hasn't gotten rid of. Several Youtube videos are showing it already.

He is in the wrong sport. Kicking is allowed in the UFC. He should compete in that sport instead.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Green does talk too much for a guy that cost his team a championship with his pointless kicking of other players. He also tried to kick Blake today (this after elbowing him in December) so it's a habit he hasn't gotten rid of. Several Youtube videos are showing it already.

He is in the wrong sport. Kicking is allowed in the UFC. He should compete in that sport instead.

(bleep) it ... before the MMA weekend warrior crowd chimes in with a gritty analysis of Green's prospects in the octagon (or his ability to elude a krav maga hammerfist strike, or whatever ... ) ... I'm with Vancouver Fan ... I want this guy on my team, too.

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:

He's a great player. An argument could be made he's the best big man in the game. It wouldn't be a great one, but it also wouldn't be ludicrous. He's one of the best defenders I've ever seen when you look at his individual and team D. He certainly benefits a lot from playing with incredible shooters, but the team also benefits from his ability to make quick decisions and pass the ball. It's not all about scoring.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
the association wrote:

He's a great player. An argument could be made he's the best big man in the game. It wouldn't be a great one, but it also wouldn't be ludicrous. He's one of the best defenders I've ever seen when you look at his individual and team D. He certainly benefits a lot from playing with incredible shooters, but the team also benefits from his ability to make quick decisions and pass the ball. It's not all about scoring.

I completely agree that it's not all about scoring. The main issue for me is that Green's been surrounded by such an enormous concentration of talent over the past several seasons, it seems unreasonable to me when anyone jumps to the conclusion that he's doing all of this on his own, that he could be having a similar level of impact on the Nets, or the Suns, or the Magic, or even here on the Lakers ...

I just don't buy the idea that he's an All NBA player or a DPOY candidate on any other team. I think his success is based on the confluence of several factors, which of course has to include native talent and his enormous motor. But I think that success is also based HEAVILY on his fortune in having an almost unprecedented concentration of talent around him (to draw attention from him, logically), and pretty obvious officiating indulgences over the past few years. That extraordinary fortune doesn't make him a bad guy. But his miserably obnoxious conduct on and off the court, as well as the kicking obsession ... that gets him pretty close ...
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Hahaha wow that's awesome
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject:

He then does the most predictable thing Draymond can do.
Kung Fu Fighting...as fast as lightning.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject:

If you're soft you might dislike this type of trash talking in sports. I actually love it. I would like to see all the best players go at each other like that. I know Kobe used to trash talk with the best of them. As long as it doesn't get too personal its all good imo.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
If you're soft you might dislike this type of trash talking in sports. I actually love it. I would like to see all the best players go at each other like that. I know Kobe used to trash talk with the best of them. As long as it doesn't get too personal its all good imo.

Less than a minute into a game at home, and Green's trash talking a 39 year old guy who is sitting on the opponent's bench, who has played the minute-equivalent of three games this season (and none since 2016), but who has had twice the career that Draymond might hope to have when he hangs 'em up. Yeah, nothing soft about that ...

Guys that work this schtick are usually garden variety fake tough guys anyway ...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

He also put up 32-15-9 while his teammates choked in Game 7 of the Finals so I wouldn't exactly blame him. Maybe if Curry & Thompson shot better than 12-36 (6-18 from 3)
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
defense wrote:

Less than a minute into a game at home, and Green's trash talking a 39 year old guy who is sitting on the opponent's bench, who has played the minute-equivalent of three games this season (and none since 2016), but who has had twice the career that Draymond might hope to have when he hangs 'em up. Yeah, nothing soft about that ...

Guys that work this schtick are usually garden variety fake tough guys anyway ...
Draymond has done enough already to prove his credentials as a great player. If he wants to talk trash to PP then he'll do it...none of us know what PP said to him then or has said to him in the past.

The rivalry between those two teams is real. Even if LAC never beat them these days. GSW hate their guts.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject:

I can't stand Draymond Green. Did he and Grayson Allen, like, attend the same seminar 4 or 5 years ago or something?

Between him being a total jerk and KD joining up with a 73-win team, I find it stunning that they seem to be incredulous as to why many people don't like them. I found myself rooting for the Cavs during last year's Finals, and I used to despise LeBron. (I've softened much more on that in the last couple of years, though I still don't like him.) And I suspect that I'll be rooting for the Cavs again this year if they play them.

Draymond really rubs me the wrong way.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject:

So any chance Draymond makes the HOF?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

He also put up 32-15-9 while his teammates choked in Game 7 of the Finals so I wouldn't exactly blame him. Maybe if Curry & Thompson shot better than 12-36 (6-18 from 3)

Shooting is something that is unpredictable though, especially in one game. You can't just say to yourself "I'll make all my jump shots today" and expect that to happen. Look at how Kobe did against Boston in game 7 of the Finals and he didn't make his shots either.

However, you can control stuff like whether you kick people in the groin. If you want to somehow argue that wasn't on purpose, Green built a reputation for himself as a dirty player during that postseason, and he didn't help himself by acting like such a douchebag on the court and constantly whining to the refs. In game 4 of the Finals when his team was going up 3-1, he should have been extra careful to avoid a suspension.

I'll give him credit for being passionate. The guy does have heart. But he really needs to use his head.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: