How contender-y do the trades OKC made make them this year?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: How contender-y do the trades OKC made make them this year?

It was against us, but I really like Taj Gibson on both ends of the floor. McDermot and the spanish shooter they now have minutes for can actually shoot. And Kanter is back. WB is going to have a more well rounded team on both ends of the floor, a deeper bench, and a bit more shooting. WB inside is going to have options to pass. I think his assists are going to be there. They seem pretty interesting and depending on the playoffs matchup a dangerous team.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I liked their moves, but I don't see them as a serious contender. If they can scratch up to the five seed, they could get to the second round. I don't see them beating the Dubs, Spurs, or Rockets.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I liked their moves, but I don't see them as a serious contender. If they can scratch up to the five seed, they could get to the second round. I don't see them beating the Dubs, Spurs, or Rockets.

You mean they could beat the Clippers. WB wasn't so balanced today, but Gibson didn't do that well (stats anyway - I didn't watch the game) understandably against the twin towers. They won again though. My thought was they might end up fairly balanced and maybe cause problems but a 40-triple double is not that balanced.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Yes on the Clippers. I think the Clippers will be the better team by the time we start the playoffs, but history has shown that they can come up small in a seven game series. I think the Dubs, Spurs, or Rockets would overwhelm OKC.

It's hard to imagine OKC being a balanced team as long as Westbrook is on the roster. He had a high usage rate with Durant on the roster. Now he is closing in on the all-time record for highest usage rate in a season. He seems hell bent on averaging a triple double, and I don't see Taj Gibson making him change his approach. This could make OKC dangerous in the playoffs, at least in the first round.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

OKC basically swapped Cameron Payne, Joffrey Lavergne, and Anthony Morrow for Norris Cole, Taj Gibson, and Doug McDermott. Not a bad tradeoff. They still don't have a second option to be a contender, but they definitely upgraded their role players.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

Come playoffs their utter lack of outside shooting is going to be their downfall. Maybe McDermott gets some playing time, but he's not enough.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

They're one of those "Nobody want's to play" team that isn't really a contender unless they get very lucky with the health of the top teams.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

OKC can go as far as maybe 1st or 2nd round, if they see San Antonio i think its finished

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Come playoffs their utter lack of outside shooting is going to be their downfall. Maybe McDermott gets some playing time, but he's not enough.

They'll probably have to play Abrines, Sabonis and McDermott a lot together, but they'll miss Roberson's presence defensively and all three of them are really inexperienced.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They'll probably have to play Abrines, Sabonis and McDermott a lot together, but they'll miss Roberson's presence defensively and all three of them are really inexperienced.

Haven't watched much but think both of these comments sound right. They have a streak going and tonight's game I can evaluate a little more. Supposedly this spread offense is what Donovan is all about.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I think rox can win it all, think okc can ruin dreams but not win it all
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

No.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: