OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 12418
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Report: Jerry West wants job offer from Lakers, but itís not coming


Quote:
Jerry West may want to return to the purple and gold, but the Los Angeles Lakers aren't interested.


http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/report-jerry-west-wants-job-offer-from-lakers-but-its-not-coming/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
_________________
"Being a Laker matters. Jason Kidd is known as a Hall of Famer, but if he played for the Lakers he would be remembered as a LEGEND" Colin Cowherd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 1923

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Report: Jerry West wants job offer from Lakers, but itís not coming


Quote:
Jerry West may want to return to the purple and gold, but the Los Angeles Lakers aren't interested.


http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/report-jerry-west-wants-job-offer-from-lakers-but-its-not-coming/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter




They totally should offer one as a consultant if that's the case!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 5713

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Report: Jerry West wants job offer from Lakers, but itís not coming


Quote:
Jerry West may want to return to the purple and gold, but the Los Angeles Lakers aren't interested.


http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/report-jerry-west-wants-job-offer-from-lakers-but-its-not-coming/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter


FO doesn't want to take the chance Jerry would get the credit for the rebuild...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 5713

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Report: Jerry West wants job offer from Lakers, but itís not coming


Quote:
Jerry West may want to return to the purple and gold, but the Los Angeles Lakers aren't interested.


http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/report-jerry-west-wants-job-offer-from-lakers-but-its-not-coming/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter




They totally should offer one as a consultant if that's the case!


should have been done in Feb imo...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 117769
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Report: Jerry West wants job offer from Lakers, but itís not coming


Quote:
Jerry West may want to return to the purple and gold, but the Los Angeles Lakers aren't interested.


http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/report-jerry-west-wants-job-offer-from-lakers-but-its-not-coming/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter




They totally should offer one as a consultant if that's the case!


They don't need him, they have it handled.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 12418
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Report: Jerry West wants job offer from Lakers, but itís not coming


Quote:
Jerry West may want to return to the purple and gold, but the Los Angeles Lakers aren't interested.


http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/report-jerry-west-wants-job-offer-from-lakers-but-its-not-coming/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter




They totally should offer one as a consultant if that's the case!


They don't need him, they have it handled.


that's like me and you deciding to build a car engine for the first time, and Henry Ford offering to help, and us being like "no thanks bro, we got this"....
_________________
"Being a Laker matters. Jason Kidd is known as a Hall of Famer, but if he played for the Lakers he would be remembered as a LEGEND" Colin Cowherd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14624

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

they need to bring Jerry back in. That's just dumb lol
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 35209
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

If Jerry wants a consulting role, bring him in. Sheesh.

Closing free agents, not making a stupid trades, drafting...I'd love to have his input.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10391

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Report: Jerry West wants job offer from Lakers, but itís not coming


Quote:
Jerry West may want to return to the purple and gold, but the Los Angeles Lakers aren't interested.


http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/report-jerry-west-wants-job-offer-from-lakers-but-its-not-coming/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter




They totally should offer one as a consultant if that's the case!


They don't need him, they have it handled.


that's like me and you deciding to build a car engine for the first time, and Henry Ford offering to help, and us being like "no thanks bro, we got this"....


He's being sarcastic
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 9216
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Great decision Jeanie, 10/10, would do again
_________________
Laker 2015-2016 Advanced Stats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 51222

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Mark Heisler.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

So much for Jeanie following her dad's lead by hiring smart people and letting them run the show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 117769
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Report: Jerry West wants job offer from Lakers, but itís not coming


Quote:
Jerry West may want to return to the purple and gold, but the Los Angeles Lakers aren't interested.


http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/report-jerry-west-wants-job-offer-from-lakers-but-its-not-coming/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter




They totally should offer one as a consultant if that's the case!


They don't need him, they have it handled.


that's like me and you deciding to build a car engine for the first time, and Henry Ford offering to help, and us being like "no thanks bro, we got this"....


I should have indicated that it was sarcasm
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 78004
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Report: Jerry West wants job offer from Lakers, but itís not coming


Quote:
Jerry West may want to return to the purple and gold, but the Los Angeles Lakers aren't interested.


http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/report-jerry-west-wants-job-offer-from-lakers-but-its-not-coming/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter




They totally should offer one as a consultant if that's the case!


They don't need him, they have it handled.


that's like me and you deciding to build a car engine for the first time, and Henry Ford offering to help, and us being like "no thanks bro, we got this"....


I should have indicated that it was sarcasm


And I think adkindo is right there with you.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 13960

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
If Jerry wants a consulting role, bring him in. Sheesh.

Closing free agents, not making a stupid trades, drafting...I'd love to have his input.

_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 78004
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I've said it before and I will say it again: be careful what you wish for.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 117769
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I will say that if true, I am surprised that West wants to leave the Warriors
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 78004
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I will say that if true, I am surprised that West wants to leave the Warriors


Would make sense that he'd want to come home for his last run, with the bonus of working with his son, who has made his bones and no longer would be seen as unworthy nepotism.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 12418
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I will say that if true, I am surprised that West wants to leave the Warriors


he is just a Laker....complete the career life cycle. Also, doesn't he reside in LA when he is in California? While Magic and Pelinka may end up doing a good job, having West's voice in the room would have gave me some comfort knowing for sure there was a wise and rational opinion available on each decision.
_________________
"Being a Laker matters. Jason Kidd is known as a Hall of Famer, but if he played for the Lakers he would be remembered as a LEGEND" Colin Cowherd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41106

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

This doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Magic's first call was going to be to Kobe. He said he planned on reaching out to former Lakers. He couldn't ask for a bigger PR win than bringing back Jerry West, in a role in which he would be under no obligation to listen to his advice if he didn't want to. Zero risk and mucho reward. I don't buy it.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10391

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
This doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Magic's first call was going to be to Kobe. He said he planned on reaching out to former Lakers. He couldn't ask for a bigger PR win than bringing back Jerry West, in a role in which he would be under no obligation to listen to his advice if he didn't want to. Zero risk and mucho reward. I don't buy it.

I don't think so, it's notable that Magic specifically didn't include Jerry West in this list of folks who reached out to.

And there is risk. There is risk because West is one of the few guys in LA who has as much, if not more, basketball cachet as Magic. If Magic and West get in a feud (imagine something similar to West threatening to resign if a Klay for Love deal went down... I believe he's pulled this stunt before), it will reflect very poorly on Magic.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 78004
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Didnt jeanie already confirm earlier that they were not going that direction?
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41106

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ocho wrote:
This doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Magic's first call was going to be to Kobe. He said he planned on reaching out to former Lakers. He couldn't ask for a bigger PR win than bringing back Jerry West, in a role in which he would be under no obligation to listen to his advice if he didn't want to. Zero risk and mucho reward. I don't buy it.

I don't think so, it's notable that Magic specifically didn't include Jerry West in this list of folks who reached out to.

And there is risk. There is risk because West is one of the few guys in LA who has as much, if not more, basketball cachet as Magic. If Magic and West get in a feud (imagine something similar to West threatening to resign if a Klay for Love deal went down... I believe he's pulled this stunt before), it will reflect very poorly on Magic.


I don't know if there's an exec in the league who has more of a free pass from their owner, at least for a few years, than Magic has from Jeanie.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 78004
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
tox wrote:
ocho wrote:
This doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Magic's first call was going to be to Kobe. He said he planned on reaching out to former Lakers. He couldn't ask for a bigger PR win than bringing back Jerry West, in a role in which he would be under no obligation to listen to his advice if he didn't want to. Zero risk and mucho reward. I don't buy it.

I don't think so, it's notable that Magic specifically didn't include Jerry West in this list of folks who reached out to.

And there is risk. There is risk because West is one of the few guys in LA who has as much, if not more, basketball cachet as Magic. If Magic and West get in a feud (imagine something similar to West threatening to resign if a Klay for Love deal went down... I believe he's pulled this stunt before), it will reflect very poorly on Magic.


I don't know if there's an exec in the league who has more of a free pass from their owner, at least for a few years, than Magic has from Jeanie.


Short term yes, and from what I hear, he doesn't want anyone looking over his shoulder and stealing his thunder.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 4252

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Didnt jeanie already confirm earlier that they were not going that direction?




It does appear that she missed seeing him when he was holding his hand up several months ago.

Warriors owner Joe Lacob on Jerry Westís future beyond this season: ďWeíre going to do something that works for him and works for usĒ (Feb 6 and March 3, 2017)

Quote:

Just yesterday, long-time NBA writer Mark Heisler suggested in the Orange County Register that the Lakers should bring back West as a big part of their continuing front-office shake-up.

Multiple sources indicated to me that West might be intrigued by an offer from the Lakers,
but he also feels very connected to the Warriorsí quest for championships.




From Kevin Ding...

Lakers Show Loyalty Matters More Than Family with New Magic-Pelinka Front Office


Quote:

Jerry West was interested in returning to the Lakers, where son Ryan has carved out a useful role with the old and new regime, but, though Jeanie Buss will forever revere Jerry, he didn't match her vision for the future, according to NBA sources.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 6 of 23
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB