Bron Ball Candidates

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Bron Ball Candidates

It’s clear to me that the acquisition of Reggie Bullock marks the end of Rob and Magic’s plan to replace Bron Ball with their nebulous “too many playmakers to stop” philosophy.

What makes somebody a Bron Ball candidate?

To me, the best Bron Ball candidates have the following attributes:

- Good 3 point shooting
- Decent defending
- Willing to defer/ fall in line behind LeBron

Secondary Bron Ball candidates can also have this attribute:

- An ability to create their own offense. Not in the level of a Kyrie, but at least something to take the focus off LeBron on some possessions

All that said, what are some good Bron Ball candidates on the market? Any unknowns? Anbody we could get for peanuts? Any low-tier stars who may fit the mold?

Somebody that comes to mind for me is Jeremy Lin. Perhaps TJ Warren.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

We still only one playmaker under Magic and Pelinka.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

lonzo ball
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

In a league which increasingly emphasises the ability to shoot the 3 ball and defend, you categorize Lebron ball as having the ability to shoot the 3 and defend?

... *looks at Rockets* STOP PLAYING LEBRON BALL!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bron Ball Candidates

Don Draper wrote:
It’s clear to me that the acquisition of Reggie Bullock marks the end of Rob and Magic’s plan to replace Bron Ball with their nebulous “too many playmakers to stop” philosophy.

- Good 3 point shooting
- Decent defending

- An ability to create their own offense. Not in the level of a Kyrie, but at least something to take the focus off LeBron on some possessions

All that said, what are some good Bron Ball candidates on the market? Any unknowns? Anbody we could get for peanuts? Any low-tier stars who may fit the mold?

What team in the league doesn't want 3-and-d guys?

And virtually every player in the league is going to defer to a superstar.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Lin would be a nice get, but KCP won't want to go to Atlanta, sadly. We could get him in July, though
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bron Ball Candidates

activeverb wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

- Good 3 point shooting
- Decent defending

Activeverb. Always snarky. Can’t remember a single time you’ve responded positively to my posts. Few people make me want to avoid LG, but sometimes the negativity leveled at simple questions/topics here is unbearable.

Anyways, if you want to take away the “Bron Ball” moniker, then yes, these are 3D guys who you think will mesh well with LeBron, or guys who could become 3D players and mesh well with LeBron. I’m asking because I personally am not sure about who might be available.

Also, think you are wrong on your second point; deferring requires you to put your ego aside, which some guys, even less talented ones, aren’t willing to do. Also, some just aren’t smart enough to defer properly.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

TJ Warren!

Dolla Dame!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bron Ball Candidates

Don Draper wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

- Good 3 point shooting
- Decent defending

Activeverb. Always snarky. Can’t remember a single time you’ve responded positively to my posts. Few people make me want to avoid LG, but sometimes the negativity leveled at simple questions/topics here is unbearable.

Anyways, if you want to take away the “Bron Ball” moniker, then yes, these are 3D guys who you think will mesh well with LeBron, or guys who could become 3D players and mesh well with LeBron. I’m asking because I personally am not sure about who might be available.

Also, think you are wrong on your second point; deferring requires you to put your ego aside, which some guys, even less talented ones, aren’t willing to do. Also, some just aren’t smart enough to defer properly.

I have no idea why my response pushed your buttons. But they're your buttons, and I don't feel responsible for them.

I can be snarky, but I think snarky is fun, so I don't apologize for that either,

On your third point, I think virtually any 3-and-d guy in the league who wasn't a star would be happy to defer to Lebron. Because you're taking about the Danny Greens, and Trevor Arizas. They know they're place.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

The plan to build around LeBron is pretty much common sense 15 years in:

LeBron + Second scoring star + Rebounding big + two shooters.

Everyone must be a good enough defender and the bench must contain veterans, rebounders and more shooters + one playmaker.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:

Everyone must be a good enough defender and the bench must contain veterans, rebounders and more shooters + one playmaker.

Don't know what Luke was thinking about being a run and gun team with 34yrs old Lebron. Bron ball has always been about controlling the game with his tempo. Roster was poorly constructed from the get go.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

Don't know what Luke was thinking about being a run and gun team with 34yrs old Lebron. Bron ball has always been about controlling the game with his tempo. Roster was poorly constructed from the get go.

Yes, LeBron has never been a run and gun type.

We also had the silly "LeBron will play Center" BS when the season begun.

But mostly I blame the FO with this ridiculous signings than Luke.

It wasn't that difficult. Yes, you can still sign McGee, but keep Brook Lopez too. He's the perfect big to play with guys like LeBron (and Ingram, who really misses him).

Yes, sign Rondo, but don't sign Lance and Beasley. We could've gotten guys like Wayne Ellington or Shabazz Napier for example.

Also, what's the point with signing Isaac Bonga to a 3 year deal? Dude is raw AF, give him a two way and put him in the G-League.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

It wasn't that difficult. Yes, you can still sign McGee, but keep Brook Lopez too. He's the perfect big to play with guys like LeBron (and Ingram, who really misses him).

Yes, sign Rondo, but don't sign Lance and Beasley. We could've gotten guys like Wayne Ellington or Shabazz Napier for example.

Also, what's the point with signing Isaac Bonga to a 3 year deal? Dude is raw AF, give him a two way and put him in the G-League.

Yea I was really surprise when they didn't keep Lopez. Then turned around and signed Rondo and Stephenson.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

I guess you can't sign a drafted player as a 2-way, unless you waive him first.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

Bron Ball candidates??!! je,je

Over the hill,almost out of the league veterans.

Melo
JMeeks
NYoung
JTerry
JRSmith
WMathews
Monta
JJack

Spot the corner 3, Brick the Shot & after the game go to LG to laugh out loud all the rants.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Bron Ball candidates??!! je,je

Over the hill,almost out of the league veterans.

Melo
JMeeks
NYoung
JTerry
JRSmith
WMathews
Monta
JJack

Spot the corner 3, Brick the Shot & after the game go to LG to laugh out loud all the rants.

Would really love Matthews... With Bullock... They will be taking away time from Hart and Lance.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

Walton was thinking they had the makings of a fast paced unselfish team on offense and a hard working multi position team on defense. Depth and effort combined with the patience to allow 20 year olds to become professionals and a couple key free agent additions.

Walton had them trending in the right direction. Then the FO signed James and all must defer. Players coaches and FO alike.
TrueBlueLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

It's funny when people rave about our young talent and coach, but forget that we won only 35 games last year. There is nothing great or exciting about that. We needed LeBron to come and we also need at least another big game player in order to compete for a championship. LeBron with our young people will never be enough to defeat the GSW.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

TrueBlueLakers wrote:
It's funny when people rave about our young talent and coach, but forget that we won only 35 games last year. There is nothing great or exciting about that. We needed LeBron to come and we also need at least another big game player in order to compete for a championship. LeBron with our young people will never be enough to defeat the GSW.

Not forgetting it, just acknowledging that it was trending in the right direction. With smart additions and continued development you have a solid deep team gaining traction in the standings. This season had promise of improvement instead of the disappointing chaos we are seeing now.

Considering the disinterest and lack of any team chemistry we saw against Indy are you so sure they win 35 games this season with James?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: