Players who will be back next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Brewer can be a solid player off the bench next year and I think he can potentially have some value at the TD, he doesn't look completely done like Deng although I think Deng is more done mentally then physically I think he can do better for a playoff team, hopefully Jeannie can convince Phil to take a chance on Deng as a savvy vet who can come in and help egos in the Knicks locker-room.

Then what comes back this way?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Brewer can be a solid player off the bench next year and I think he can potentially have some value at the TD, he doesn't look completely done like Deng although I think Deng is more done mentally then physically I think he can do better for a playoff team, hopefully Jeannie can convince Phil to take a chance on Deng as a savvy vet who can come in and help egos in the Knicks locker-room.

Probably needs to be a 3-way trade were New York gets Deng, 3rd team gets Noah and we get unwanted contracts and picks.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hopefully Jeannie can convince Phil to take a chance on Deng as a savvy vet who can come in and help egos in the Knicks locker-room.

Probably needs to be a 3-way trade were New York gets Deng, 3rd team gets Noah and we get unwanted contracts and picks.

Phil is more likely to get sent this way on a Greyhound Bus come April than he is to find a taker for Noah's contract. At any rate, we'd need to give up picks to unload Deng.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

Young could easily be back and I would not be upset. I don't know where you guys think we're going to get quality players to replace some of these guys and fill out a roster. We don't have shooters as it is, so losing our best one is not the smartest thing. I hope he opts in.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Young could easily be back and I would not be upset. I don't know where you guys think we're going to get quality players to replace some of these guys and fill out a roster. We don't have shooters as it is, so losing our best one is not the smartest thing. I hope he opts in.

He isn't a idiot to opt in for what will be his last chance at a decent contract, he's gonna be 31 next year and this is his chance to milk some money, he's played well enough to draw interest in the summer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Won't mind seeing Brewer back at least in a position to fight for a roster spot in training camp, he's faster then Deng, and can still score when given the opportunity.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Just posted this in another thread, but I could see most of the roster returning next season. Look for 2 vets to split the cap on, stretch big and a vet playmaker

1. Deng
2. Mozgov
3. JC
4. Nick (1 year raise/Nick doesnt want to leave LA)
5. Brewer
6. Black
7. DLO
8. Ingram
9. Randle
10. Nance
11. Zubac
12. Top 3 pick*
13. Rox 1st
14. Stretch Big (Bosh,A.Johnson, Ersan, Patterson)
15. Vet G (DWade,DWill, Mills,Livingston)

16. Nwaba
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

The team needs shooters; with Lou gone, we only have Russell and Nick. I'd love to see Nick back as a bench player next season. Nick and Kennard on the bench would be a handful for opposing teams.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Won't mind seeing Brewer back at least in a position to fight for a roster spot in training camp, he's faster then Deng, and can still score when given the opportunity.

Brewer is light years better than Deng for us. He provides some hustle, energy and fight on that 2nd unit.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Brewer is light years better than Deng for us. He provides some hustle, energy and fight on that 2nd unit.

I think Deng is more talented but seems like his game mentality is lacking.

But Brewer looks real solid, if he works on his jump shot in the summer he can be a valuable piece.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: