Is it time to start Zubac?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it time to start Zubac?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 56 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 68

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Is he mentally ready? Is he willing to let being dominated by other starting centers roll off his back? Because there will be times that will happen, and has already happened. No one here can answer that, only those who interact with him can do so. And that is the coaching staff. So if he doesn't start, we should assume he isn't ready.
Shaq4fon
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Is he mentally ready? Is he willing to let being dominated by other starting centers roll off his back? Because there will be times that will happen, and has already happened. No one here can answer that, only those who interact with him can do so. And that is the coaching staff. So if he doesn't start, we should assume he isn't ready.

I think the best thing we could do would be to play Mozgov 30 min and Black 18 min, then he won't get dominated at all.

I just don't understand this logic...Randle is owned by opposing 4's every single game and still plays huge minutes. He is a terrible defender and a PF who does not know how to set a decent screen. Zubac had an awful game last night, but the offense in the first half looked better when he was in just because of his screens.

Clarkson is worse for the defense on a good day than Zubac is on a horrible day, Ingram has more or less been below average for a big part of the season, but when it comes to Zubac (and to some extent DLO), the criteria suddenly change drastically. I don't mean that as criticism towards Ingram, they are freakin' 19 year old rookies, but he has in no way looked less lost than Zu.

Two bad reactions and Zu is sent to the bench. And it is not like his competition are great centers: it is Mozzy and Black, players who he (arguably) is already better than at 19, or at least it is very close and depending on match-up.

I can't find one single reason to not give him at least 25 min for the rest of the season. The kid has so much talent and he can become a great player, but he needs to play more!
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

Wait for a while until Russell, Randle and Ingram have de below some chemistry
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

I saw a quote from Luke where it sounded like it would happen before the season is over.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Walton at practice on giving Zubac some starts: “We’ll get him out there and see how he handles first-string center and bigger minutes."

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/836626617548091392
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

Zubac needs to be in the starting lineup. He's more of a core piece than Black. He could be our Jokic/Marc Gasol/Whiteside. A second round steal who should have been a high lotto pick.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

Shaq4fon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I think the best thing we could do would be to play Mozgov 30 min and Black 18 min, then he won't get dominated at all.

I just don't understand this logic...Randle is owned by opposing 4's every single game and still plays huge minutes. He is a terrible defender and a PF who does not know how to set a decent screen. Zubac had an awful game last night, but the offense in the first half looked better when he was in just because of his screens.

Clarkson is worse for the defense on a good day than Zubac is on a horrible day, Ingram has more or less been below average for a big part of the season, but when it comes to Zubac (and to some extent DLO), the criteria suddenly change drastically. I don't mean that as criticism towards Ingram, they are freakin' 19 year old rookies, but he has in no way looked less lost than Zu.

Two bad reactions and Zu is sent to the bench. And it is not like his competition are great centers: it is Mozzy and Black, players who he (arguably) is already better than at 19, or at least it is very close and depending on match-up.

I can't find one single reason to not give him at least 25 min for the rest of the season. The kid has so much talent and he can become a great player, but he needs to play more!

You are correct, you don't understand. And have likely never coached before. Randle has shown that things roll off his back, we know that. We don't know it about Zubac, but the coaching staff likely does. And that is why they make the decisions and not us fans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: