Lamar Odom has the best basketball mind on the Lakers....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
GMWEST wrote:
Jimmy Lamar Ronnie

dont forget the devil of the devils: Mitch

As far as I've heard Mitch isn't in this club.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Mitch over in Amsterdam or something? He's probably there securing a shipment for Lamar.

Last edited by uberzev on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
Y'all know nothing. Lamar drove to the hoop because they left him wide open and we wanted to shoot fast in order to have the last shot. He didn't finish because Gasol made a great play. After that, Cook and Kobe both f'd up.

Spread the blame around.

The only reason this team (the Lakers) didn't get blown out is because Lamar is actually playing, especially with Mihm out.

Really now. You LO apologists are going mad.

Only two partys wanted a quick shot:

1) The Grizz (for obvious reasons); and,

2) LO (so Mr.-almost-triple-double could get 10 points).
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:
GMWEST wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
Lionel, please tell me we are shipping this guy off. I don't need to know for who. Just please tell me we are rid of him.

Then who would Jimmy Buss party with ? Not happening....

Lisa Sparxxx or Turiaf. From what brother tells me Ronnie was "up in da club" alot even after his surgery.
What's the appeal of Miss Sparxxx? Isn't she a little too thick and over the hill for Jerry?

Well, she has some radio show and Jimmy is always on it. Johnnie Buss too. She was actually having sex with some dude named Mr. Marcus while she was interviewing Jimmy.
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
Y'all know nothing. Lamar drove to the hoop because they left him wide open and we wanted to shoot fast in order to have the last shot. He didn't finish because Gasol made a great play. After that, Cook and Kobe both f'd up.

Spread the blame around.

The only reason this team (the Lakers) didn't get blown out is because Lamar is actually playing, especially with Mihm out.

Never fails.

The "O"pologists always have an excuse. Did the Sacramento game teach Odumb nothing? Use the clock for crying out loud!

Yes, Cook made an equally boneheaded play for which he does not escape blame. But Odumb has clearly shown that he is completely incapable of learning from his mistakes, setting the downward spiral in motion by not running the clock down.

It is also very typical of an "O"pologist to always try to deflect blame onto Kobe. Unbelievable.
Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

And 1 wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:

Spread the blame around.

Really now. You LO apologists are going mad.

Only two partys wanted a quick shot:

1) The Grizz (for obvious reasons); and,

2) LO (so Mr.-almost-triple-double could get 10 points).

Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:
GMWEST wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:
Lionel, please tell me we are shipping this guy off. I don't need to know for who. Just please tell me we are rid of him.

Then who would Jimmy Buss party with ? Not happening....

Lisa Sparxxx or Turiaf. From what brother tells me Ronnie was "up in da club" alot even after his surgery.
What's the appeal of Miss Sparxxx? Isn't she a little too thick and over the hill for Jerry?

Well, she has some radio show and Jimmy is always on it. Johnnie Buss too. She was actually having sex with some dude named Mr. Marcus while she was interviewing Jimmy.
Interesting. Mr. Marcus regulates every shade it seems.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry...y'all just don't know basketball. With a 2 point lead you play to win, not dance around passing the ball around, especially when the other team is guaranteed another shot. If they leave Lamar open for a drive, he's got to take it. Even if he misses, they come down and score a bucket and we still have an opportunity to win. It was the foul on Gasol on the other end that f'd things up. I was watching the game downtown, so didn't know who got the foul, but if it was Lamar, I accept giving him more blame. But going for a wide open opportunity with a 2 point lead on a 2 for 1 opportunity with 30 seconds left is not stupid basketball. It's just not. Y'all can argue until you're blue in the face, but the only stupid thing (aside from Smush's foul) was giving Gasol a 3-point opportunity on the next play.
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Isn't Mitch over in Amsterdam or something? He's probably there securing a shipment for Lamar.

I said he wasn't in the Club, NOT he wasn't the SUPPLIER. You know what they say about suppliers smoking thier own stuff. Bad for BUSSness.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject:

By the way, Kobe made that pass to Cook because the Grizzlies doubled teamed him on the perimeter off of Cook in order to get the ball out of his hands. It's not like it was his intention to go early and get Cook an open shot.
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
I'm sorry...y'all just don't know basketball. With a 2 point lead you play to win, not dance around passing the ball around, especially when the other team is guaranteed another shot. If they leave Lamar open for a drive, he's got to take it. Even if he misses, they come down and score a bucket and we still have an opportunity to win. It was the foul on Gasol on the other end that f'd things up. I was watching the game downtown, so didn't know who got the foul, but if it was Lamar, I accept giving him more blame. But going for a wide open opportunity with a 2 point lead on a 2 for 1 opportunity with 30 seconds left is not stupid basketball. It's just not. Y'all can argue until you're blue in the face, but the only stupid thing (aside from Smush's foul) was giving Gasol a 3-point opportunity on the next play.

Please, stop. You are killing me.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamar Odom has the best basketball mind on the Lakers....

uberzev wrote:
...and by basketball I mean weed, and by mind I mean supply.

Damn, I thought you'd lost your marbles.

First the icon. Then claiming Odom was an evil genius.

Had me worried brotha.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject:

It's been said before, and I think it bears repeating....

It's the type of mistakes that Lamar is making....and he keeps making them.

Everybody misses shots. That's just a fact of basketball life.

But Lamar is making mistakes that impair the building of trust, especially in crunch time. As a primary facilitator, you have to be able to make sound decisions, even if you don't get the desired result. Lamar is busting up plays before they even get off the ground.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

Yeah I knew some guys in high school who were pretty smart Freshman year.

Then by graduation? Dumb. As. Rocks.

Why?

'Twas the weed.

The sticky-icky.

The hippy lettuce.

Doesn't seem to phase some people, but others?

Well...
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject:

Lamar's mistake was that he didn't make the layup. Geezuz...

I'll blame Kobe for not making that last 3 to win the game. Senseless.
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

Does Kobe have to do EVERYTHING ? Can't Lamar do something ?
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

GMWEST wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

Does Kobe have to do EVERY? Can't Lamar do something ?

Yeah, according to most LO haters and the rest of the team haters. The ball should be in Kobe's hand at all time. The others should just stand back and give him space to operate.

If they shoot and miss, they're idiots! If they try to take it in and turn it over, trade them!

That's the mentality. One minute Cook is the greatest shooter in NBA history. The next he's a glory stealing ball hog who has no business taking a wide open 18 fter!
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:

GMWEST wrote:
K8KillerInstinct wrote:
GMWEST wrote:
Jimmy Lamar Ronnie

dont forget the devil of the devils: Mitch

As far as I've heard Mitch isn't in this club.

Maybe I missed the whole devil thing, but why Jimmy there?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

:roll: Kobe doesn't have establish anything. He's proven. He's been there, and he's done that. He can miss 25 consecutive gamewinners and still get the ball without hesitation to go for 26.

But Lamar is different. He needs to establish himself as reliable in crunchtime. He's gotta push through whatever it is that makes him freeze up in the brain.

We're talking about building trust and confidence when the game is on the line. Trusting Kobe in the crunch will never be an issue with this team. I don't care if he shoots 0-35. But if Lamar is ever to take his rightful place on this team, he has got to prove to the team, prove to Kobe, that he can be counted on to do the right things and make the right decisions when it counts.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject:

shiznak wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:

Please, stop. You are killing me.

Whatever...that's truth. Noone downtown had any impression that Lamar lost the game for us...just the fools who always obsessively focus on him on the Internet. Try going out once in awhile...
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Lamar has tremendous will...he wills the Lakers to losses even when it looks darn near impossible to lose. What a man.

Hilarious!!!!!!! and true. It may just be a biblical thing. No x-clipper shall ever prosper as a Laker.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

:roll: Kobe doesn't have establish anything. He's proven. He's been there, and he's done that. He can miss 25 consecutive gamewinners and still get the ball without hesitation to go for 26.

But Lamar is different. He needs to establish himself as reliable in crunchtime. He's gotta push through whatever it is that makes him freeze up in the brain.

We're talking about building trust and confidence when the game is on the line. Trusting Kobe in the crunch will never be an issue with this team. I don't care if he shoots 0-35. But if Lamar is ever to take his rightful place on this team, he has got to prove to the team, prove to Kobe, that he can be counted on to do the right things and make the right decisions when it counts.

How about the team play better team defense all around and not allow 100+ pts to scrub teams?

That's the bottom line between all the W and L's we've endured. Not one play or two plays down the stretch. Consistency on defense leads to W's. If we were built like PHX we could think about outscoring teams, launching 25+ 3's a game, but we obviously aren't. We're a very young team built around one talented individual. I can excuse mental mistakes down the stretch. I can't excuse lack of defensive intensity for long stretches throughout a game from a young team.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

lakerfin wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Lamar has tremendous will...he wills the Lakers to losses even when it looks darn near impossible to lose. What a man.

Hilarious!!!!!!! and true. It may just be a biblical thing. No x-clipper shall ever prosper as a Laker.

Ron Harper
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject:

That is why the Lakers need to make a TRADE. LO is NOT and will never be a second option. Third maybe, but the Lakers make the fans think he is the 2nd option and is paid that way. The Lakers get a 2nd option, then this LO trade crap will go away ( Until Summertime atleast) . Until a trade is finalized, then the moaning about LO will continue. That is what this fun thread was for was relief from all the LO BS but it ended up in here also.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject:

People are so fixated on this mystical creature called a 2nd option just because we've had the fat Shaq for so long.

It is not apparent to some of you folks that we're suffering on defense in these recent losses? Our team defense has disappeared since December. It made a nice return against Houston the other night, but that was short lived.

You can have Kobe and Pierce score 40 a piece every night, and put up 110 pts, but we're going to still lose when we give up 112 to the opp.

Last edited by Worthy42 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: