Ty Lawson gets another DUI

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Ty Lawson gets another DUI

Quote:

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI · 3h3 hours ago
Ty Lawson reportedly busted for a second DUI this year. First, this is a serious issue he to deal with. Second, for DEN, he is untradeable.

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA · 10m10 minutes ago
Few teams had Ty Lawson trade interest, but were waiting on Denver to lower cost. His value's cratered now. He needs to deal w/ his issues.

Quote:
Chris Dempsey ‏@dempseypost · 27m27 minutes ago
Lawson arrest report https://twitter.com/dempseypost/status/621006298637709312

I remember there have been several here who have wanted this guy over the past few seasons. I never did because I knew about these struggles and I didn't really like his game anyways lol.

But man this dude needs to get his life together before he kills himself or worse he kills someone else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

Pau for Lawson and Faried!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Two DUIs in six months. Crazy. Dude needs help.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject:

From a Laker perspective, this should be another lesson for Upshaw about how this stuff can torpedo your career.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Ty Lawson is ready to give up his spot for Mudiay. Dude is ready to drink away his career, just sad.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

What a loser. One DUI is bad enough, but this guy gets two in six months?! Get help already, Lawson. Get help before you ruin innocent lives.
ggeasy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
What a loser. One DUI is bad enough, but this guy gets two in six months?! Get help already, Lawson. Get help before you ruin innocent lives.

But he said he ain't even buzzed though.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

It says something about his attitude. Fine player, but too much baggage to a good team to want him now.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ty Lawson gets another DUI

22 wrote:
Quote:

Ty Lawson reportedly busted for a second DUI this year. First, this is a serious issue he to deal with. Second, for DEN, he is untradeable.

Quote:
Few teams had Ty Lawson trade interest, but were waiting on Denver to lower cost. His value's cratered now. He needs to deal w/ his issues.

Quote:

I remember there have been several here who have wanted this guy over the past few seasons. I never did because I knew about these struggles and I didn't really like his game anyways lol.

But man this dude needs to get his life together before he kills himself or worse he kills someone else.

go to jail....
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject:

No sympathy for a guy who makes millions a year who can't hire a driver or get a cab.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ty Lawson gets another DUI

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

go to jail....

This is actually his FOURTH Dui!

It's his 2nd this year. He had one apparently in Missouri and also a dui+Underage drinking while at UNC.

The guy has made $30M so far in his short career and has $25M more coming to him in the next 2 years.

Dude, hire a permanent driver/assistant. Pay one of your buddies a salary to do it. Even a nice six figure salary is a pittance compared to what Ty's already made. Jesus man...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-nuggets-ty-lawson-arrest-20150714-story.html
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ty Lawson gets another DUI

jonnybravo wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

go to jail....

This is actually his FOURTH Dui!

It's his 2nd this year. He had one apparently in Missouri and also a dui+Underage drinking while at UNC.

The guy has made $30M so far in his short career and has $25M more coming to him in the next 2 years.

Dude, hire a permanent driver/assistant. Pay one of your buddies a salary to do it. Even a nice six figure salary is a pittance compared to what Ty's already made. Jesus man...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-nuggets-ty-lawson-arrest-20150714-story.html

Wow. I hope he gets the help he needs, but first I hope he goes to jail. He truly deserves it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Since I see this commercial all the time on TV, I think somebody should pass this along to Ty Lawson...

KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Man ... what if the Lakers landed Cousins .. swooped in and got Ty
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject:

He is a Lyft promoter as well. Should have used the app.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject:

DUI is no joke. My friend got a 120 days license suspension, and it was his first DUI. No traffic violations of any kind in the past. Lucky the prosecutor was not seeking jail term. Ty got money, get a damn driver!!!!!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Hope its legit and not a legal stunt he definitely needs it.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/17/ty-lawson-to-enter-alcohol-rehab-facility/

Quote:
Ty Lawson to enter alcohol rehab facility

Ty Lawson appeared in a Colorado courtroom Friday for a DUI citation he received in that state, and there his attorneys told the judge Lawson will a rehab facility in California this weekend, according to the Associated Press.

Lawson was arrested for another DUI, this one in California, this past week. From the Associated Press:

The troubled point guard attended a pre-trial hearing Friday in Denver, where his lawyer said Lawson enters treatment Saturday at Cliffside Malibu, a celebrity rehabilitation center in California that treats patients with addiction and psychiatric issues.

“We will be handling the personal needs of the defendant,” said Lawson’s lawyer, Harvey Steinberg. Lawson did not speak at the hearing….

“Now we have a new situation that needs to be dealt with,” Steinberg said Friday, referring to the Los Angeles arrest.

The judge ordered Lawson to use a blood alcohol monitoring device once he gets out of treatment. Also, the judge said she would order and arrest warrant for Lawson if he leaves rehab early.

Hopefully, Lawson can get sober and deal with his personal issues.

The Nuggets have been trying to trade Lawson since the NBA Draft, but in part because of league-wide concerns about his alcohol use (and the price Denver was asking) there were no takers. While several teams — the Lakers, Pistons, and Rockets — reportedly still have interest in Lawson, those likely are fliers from teams looking to get something for basically nothing. The Nuggets could just waive Lawson outright.

Asked directly in Las Vegas, Nuggets execs said they expect Lawson to be at training camp ready to play. However, with rookie Emmanuel Mudiay being the rookie star of Summer League and looking like a player, plus the signing of Jameer Nelson, it seems the Nuggets have prepared for life after Lawson.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/ty-lawson-pled-guilty-to-denver-dui-arrest/

Quote:
Ty Lawson pled guilty to Denver DUI arrest

Within six months, Ty Lawson suffered two DUI arrests — one in Denver and one in Los Angeles. The combination sent hm into rehab.

This week Lawson pled guilty to the Denver incident, reports TMZ.

The Rockets point guard was arrested in January after he was pulled over by police in Denver. The cops smelled alcohol and said he had slurred speech … Ty ultimately failed his field sobriety test. Ty pled guilty to driving while ability impaired, as well as failure to drive in a single lane. He faces up to 180 days in jail.

Despite the multiple DUI arrests, I would be surprised if Lawson does any jail time for them, the fact he apologized and went to rehab should keep him a free man. Whether that is fair or not is a very different question. In an overcrowded court system, a guy who looks like he is trying to right the ship gets the benefit of the doubt.

Lawson has struggled in Houston, where he has shot 31.8 percent overall and been part of the problem with the Rockets’ slow start. He is shooting 25.7 percent from three and has not meshed with James Harden at all. New coach J.B. Bickerstaff took Lawson out of the starting lineup on Wednesday, then when Lawson started 1-of-8 shooting benched him for the fourth quarter. He’s going to have to earn his minutes now.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject:

He should be arrested for SUI: 31%FG
Shooting Under Intoxication
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
DUI is no joke. My friend got a 120 days license suspension, and it was his first DUI. No traffic violations of any kind in the past. Lucky the prosecutor was not seeking jail term. Ty got money, get a damn driver!!!!!

Just from listening to other people's DUI stories, the more you pay for a lawyer, the easier the judge goes on you. Messed up system.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/12/18/report-nba-suspending-ty-lawson-two-games-for-duis/

Quote:
NBA suspends Ty Lawson two games for DUI

Update: NBA had made the suspension official, noting the penalty is for the January incident:

“Houston Rockets’ guard Ty Lawson has been suspended for two games without pay for driving while ability impaired, in violation of the law of the State of Colorado, the NBA announced today.

Lawson’s suspension will begin with tomorrow night’s game between the Houston Rockets and the Los Angeles Clippers.”

Ty Lawson has been arrested twice for DUI in 2015 – once in January and once in July.

Lawson recently pled guilty to the January charges, and he must have resolved the July incident. (Correction: Lawson has not resolved the July incident, according to Calvin Watkins of ESPN.)

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:

It has been a miserable season for Lawson, who lost his starting job and even received a DNP-CD.

The pending suspension was an expected setback. One game Two games per DUI is standard fare once the cases are settled legally.

On the bright side for the Rockets – with Patrick Beverley and Jason Terry – they won’t miss Lawson too much. But that’s obviously a problem in itself.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/03/07/report-warrant-requested-for-ty-lawson-for-alleged-violation-of-his-parol-in-colorado/

Quote:

Report: Warrant requested for Ty Lawson for alleged violation of his parole in Colorado
ew window)
Click to email (Opens in new window)

After Ty Lawson had a drunken driving arrest and conviction in the Denver area (separate from the one in California), he was sentenced to a year of supervised probation in Colorado. The former Nugget and current Kings’ player was ordered not to drink or use marijuana during his probation, plus do community service hours. That probation is set to end March 22.

However, Lawson may have violated that probation and officials in Colorado have requested a bench warrant so they can bring him in and talk about it, according to a story on TMZ.

Lawson is currently on probation stemming from his 2015 drunk driving case in Denver — but the Denver Probation Dept. has filed a complaint seeking to revoke his probation citing a potential violation.

Officials would not say what the alleged violation is … but confirmed to TMZ Sports that a bench warrant has been requested so they can bring Lawson to court for a hearing on the matter.

Lawson and his agent have yet to comment.

Remember this is all alleged right now and very vague. We don’t know what Lawson may or may not have done, and if that violated his parole. Don’t jump to conclusions.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

As others have said, to not be able to come up with other options that many times despite having a fat bankroll is a problem.

Guys like that (that drive so drunk the police catch them over and over) need to be in jail, I don't care how good or bad he is at basketball.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
As others have said, to not be able to come up with other options that many times despite having a fat bankroll is a problem.

Guys like that (that drive so drunk the police catch them over and over) need to be in jail, I don't care how good or bad he is at basketball.

In Lawson's case, just bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: