OFFICIAL DAVID "MR. DUNK" NWABA THREAD (Picked up off waivers by Bulls p. 24)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Slots available for a 10 day:

1) MWP
2) Ennis
3) Robinson

From what I read on this board, Robinson hustles and is very athletic but his skills and defensive abilities are not that great. Nwaba not only hustles but also is a good defender. Can anyone tell me if Nwaba has actually shut anyone down during his short stay, or is he just active and disruptive?

I know guys like Kobe, Cooper and Fox (I think) would actually shut someone down.

MWP should step up and volunteer his position in exchange for a coaching gig. Is he deluded that he actually thinks he can still play in the NBA?

I would like to see Ennis get a chance as he seems to have a nice outside shot as well as a passing mentality.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:

1) MWP
2) Ennis
3) Robinson

Oh forgot about Trob. Can cut him too. Seen enough.

Cut Ennis/TRob.

Keep Nwaba. Sign GP2.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

NBA Play of the Day - David Nwaba

David Nwaba soars to catch the alley-oop pass from Jordan Clarkson and finishes with the nice one-handed throwdown.

http://www.nba.com/video/2017/03/18/20170318-pod
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

Glushon Sports Management Signs David Nwaba & Greivis Vasquez

Quote:
Prior to joining Glushon, Nwaba was without representation.

http://sportsagentblog.com/2017/03/20/glushon-sports-management-signs-greivis-vasquez-and-david-nwaba/
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

1) MWP
2) Ennis
3) Robinson

From what I read on this board, Robinson hustles and is very athletic but his skills and defensive abilities are not that great. Nwaba not only hustles but also is a good defender. Can anyone tell me if Nwaba has actually shut anyone down during his short stay, or is he just active and disruptive?

I know guys like Kobe, Cooper and Fox (I think) would actually shut someone down.

MWP should step up and volunteer his position in exchange for a coaching gig. Is he deluded that he actually thinks he can still play in the NBA?

I would like to see Ennis get a chance as he seems to have a nice outside shot as well as a passing mentality.

First post.

Been bleeding purple and gold. I've also been looking around to discuss Nwaba and this forum is full of good info. I think magic should sign him for 2 years with the 2nd year as team option.

Our team is terribly imbalance. We have full of players who can put up and make plays but in the defensive end, we are lacking. Nwaba can be that Tony Allen role player. He's very athletic and has that long wing span. If he can develop a jumpshot, he can carve an NBA career.

Ennis does not bring anything to the table to me. If he had Nwaba athleticism and defensive capabilities, he would have been a serviceable player. I rather keep Trob and have him as insurance policy for our front court.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

Brian H‏ @RunTheJules
So, since the break, David Nwaba has led LA in DefRtg (104.4). He's also 2nd overall in NetRtg (-0.3). Really hope he gets a 2-year deal.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Brian H‏ @RunTheJules
So, since the break, David Nwaba has led LA in DefRtg (104.4). He's also 2nd overall in NetRtg (-0.3). Really hope he gets a 2-year deal.

so long as that second year is a team option. Frankly, I think Nwaba is pretty garbage. He's shown that he can compete, but he's overrated as a defender, and is a big minus on offense. I think the Nwaba experiment has been a success, but the fact of that success should not point the Lakers to signing Nwaba, but realizing that it's probably far more economical to continue dredging the depths of the D-league than singing/re-signing retreads. Diamond in the rough, and all that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:
Brian H‏ @RunTheJules

so long as that second year is a team option. Frankly, I think Nwaba is pretty garbage. He's shown that he can compete, but he's overrated as a defender, and is a big minus on offense. I think the Nwaba experiment has been a success, but the fact of that success should not point the Lakers to signing Nwaba, but realizing that it's probably far more economical to continue dredging the depths of the D-league than singing/re-signing retreads. Diamond in the rough, and all that.

Right. With the new CBA expanding rosters, perfect guy to have at the back end. Probably competes hard in practices and pushes the young guards.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

I think if Nwaba gets a jumpshot he could be Cooper-lite. Even without it I think he has a Tony Allen-lite upside.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:
Brian H‏ @RunTheJules

Right. With the new CBA expanding rosters, perfect guy to have at the back end. Probably competes hard in practices and pushes the young guards.

And, honestly, you gotta figure a guy like that is a dime a dozen in the D-league. Pretty good dime to have tho. I say keep calling them up, if just to have some rabid, low-level ballers that want to punch up at the major league team
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I think if Nwaba gets a jumpshot he could be Cooper-lite. Even without it I think he has a Tony Allen-lite upside.

Tony Allen is pretty fair, but I think Allen is a superior defender and, for all his failures on offense, he is a terrific cutter, offensive rebounder, and pretty savvy.

I don't know if Nwaba can develop a jumpshot at this point in his career. Let's just say I'm skeptical. But as a cheap player that goes hard in practice and any time he's on the floor --- I'll take it
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:
Brian H‏ @RunTheJules

And, honestly, you gotta figure a guy like that is a dime a dozen in the D-league. Pretty good dime to have tho. I say keep calling them up, if just to have some rabid, low-level ballers that want to punch up at the major league team

I dunno how many you can find a guy like that 6'4 with almost a 7 foot wingspan and extremely athletic. Lakers need guys like that in the defensive. I dunno why we kept guys like Calderon/Huertas and we have enough guys who can score and make plays. Nwaba is a role player at best but he bring balance to our roster. He could be that 3 and D wing player that we don't have.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:
Brian H‏ @RunTheJules

I don't know much about Nwaba, or what the Lakers expect from him, but guards with his tangibles, the length and athleticism, are definitely not a dime a dozen.

6.4 with a 6'11+ wingspan apparently.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:
Brian H‏ @RunTheJules

I dunno how many you can find a guy like that 6'4 with almost a 7 foot wingspan and extremely athletic. Lakers need guys like that in the defensive. I dunno why we kept guys like Calderon/Huertas and we have enough guys who can score and make plays. Nwaba is a role player at best but he bring balance to our roster. He could be that 3 and D wing player that we don't have.

D, sure. I doubt he will be a 3 AND D though.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Wingspan, no. But athletic guards that compete? The D-league is filled with athletic garbage that will give it their all on an NBA court. (as is rucker park, and most d-1 gyms).
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:

Tony Allen is pretty fair, but I think Allen is a superior defender and, for all his failures on offense, he is a terrific cutter, offensive rebounder, and pretty savvy.

I don't know if Nwaba can develop a jumpshot at this point in his career. Let's just say I'm skeptical. But as a cheap player that goes hard in practice and any time he's on the floor --- I'll take it

I don't think Shannon Brown had a jumpshot when he came to the Laker but he came around nicely. I don't think Nwaba can get to that point but if he can just keep the defense honest enough, he will be in rotation. Nwaba is late bloomer so he's still very raw. But he has natural talent, it's on him if he can't carve an NBA career.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

we get 2 extra roster spots next year per new CBA lock this kid up now and at very least develop him in D League time to let Ennis or RObinson go or even MWP at this point if they want to check out someone else
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:

I don't think Shannon Brown had a jumpshot when he came to the Laker but he came around nicely. I don't think Nwaba can get to that point but if he can just keep the defense honest enough, he will be in rotation. Nwaba is late bloomer so he's still very raw. But he has natural talent, it's on him if he can't carve an NBA career.

Like I said, i'm skeptical. Could Nwaba improve? Sure, why not. I'd love to eat crow if he did. But he's also not a player I think the team should spend much time on. He's the classically expendable player
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:
Brian H‏ @RunTheJules

I believe we kept Calderon/Huertas for their experience. Let the young guys pick their brains a bit and see how they prepare/think. It gets poked fun of a bit here, but in every job, every industry, it's quite valuable to have experience, intelligent people(players) to learn from.

There's an idea we need every piece now, but we really don't. We need the right pieces eventually, hopefully at a good price.

We milked Huertas/Calderon for all they were worth, and now we're trying out some pieces.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:

Like I said, i'm skeptical. Could Nwaba improve? Sure, why not. I'd love to eat crow if he did. But he's also not a player I think the team should spend much time on. He's the classically expendable player

Shannon had form and touch, which, from my seeing Nwaba thus far, he doesn't have. His very first shot after being called up was a fling to the rim. The simple fact is the only reason he was called up, and is making such a great impression, is because we have no adept, athletic, defensive-minded players.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:
Brian H‏ @RunTheJules

I believe we kept Calderon/Huertas for their experience. Let the young guys pick their brains a bit and see how they prepare/think. It gets poked fun of a bit here, but in every job, every industry, it's quite valuable to have experience, intelligent people(players) to learn from.

There's an idea we need every piece now, but we really don't. We need the right pieces eventually, hopefully at a good price.

We milked Huertas/Calderon for all they were worth, and now we're trying out some pieces.

We overpaid Deng for that job which is to mentor and nurture our young core . I can see you point though.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
More
The Los Angeles Lakers and guard David Nwaba are finalizing a two-year deal, league sources tell @TheVertical. Team option for next season.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Quote:
More
The Los Angeles Lakers and guard David Nwaba are finalizing a two-year deal, league sources tell @TheVertical. Team option for next season.

Well there ya go. The main thing he does is balance our roster. We've never had issues scoring. We just haven't been able to stop an opponent for the last few years.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

WE ACTUALLY DIDNT MESS UP A THING
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Quote:
More

Well there ya go. The main thing he does is balance our roster. We've never had issues scoring. We just haven't been able to stop an opponent for the last few years.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 12 of 26
Jump to: