Lamar is being wasted in LA. Better off in a different system
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B-Scott
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Lamar is being wasted in LA. Better off in a different system

How can anyone bash him for not being a 2nd option,when we never even attempt to post hm up. Never

We went to him 1 time in the 4th quarter on Battier. Results- Easy bucket. But we never went back to the 6-10 guy. Instead we relied on kobe's long range jump shots. 4th quarter Lakers never give Lamar post up oppurtunities. They got him playing 25 feet from the basket. Thats not his game.

Were leading by 9. Perfect time to take advantage of a 6-10 guy in the post. But we dont go to him 1 time in the post. Actually he got it once,and scored with ease.

Lamar would destroy Battier in the post if given a chance. Problem is in this role,he wil never get that chance. Lamar is better off in a system where they simply take advantage of matchups. The triangle requires you to figure things out on your own. Like Magic johnso said on TNT LAMAR needs post plays called for him. Similair to James worthy. Not figure it out o your own. We will call the play for you.

Lakers make things so difficult. There up by 9. They dont ppst up a 6-10 versatile guy 1 time. Dumb Lamar is averaging 13 points per game in this role. 2 yrs ago he averaged 18 in the low post. 20 2nd half of the season 2 yrs ago.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:

yea, it's not that we hate him, we just want whats best for him
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I agree. We're being unfair to Lamar I'm all for trading his unfair ass out of town so he can dominate in a system more conducive to his style of play
Mostwanted
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject:

GET THE PIECE OF SPIT OFF THE LAKERS

Great players adjust. For years Kobe wasn't used correctly (Kobe is not an iniator) and still shined.

Odom has plenty of oppurtunity to get in the post during the game. His weed filled brain is to stupid to realizse it.

Odom is trash. Get him off the Lakers. ASAP
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

He's the one who doesn't want to play in the post....
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd be happy enough if he just wasn't doing anything. The problem is he's doing WORSE than nothing at this point. I.E. trying to take shots and handle the ball at the end when he has no idea what the (bleep) he's doing.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

Lamar is best surrounded by athletes and finishers on a fastbreak team. He'd average 9 assists in Phoenix, but we're simply not a good transition team. Lamar's our best transition initiator, and Kobe's our best finisher, but Lamar has to grab the boards and Kobe has to spark 1-man fastbreaks.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject:

You haven't been BANNED yet?
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, LO needs to be in another system alright - another SOLAR SYSTEM
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Lamar might ride his chronic smoke out of town.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
You haven't been BANNED yet?

I remember the arguement you two had earlier
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Troll parade tonight. It's amazing to me how everyone focuses on Lamar and ignores who really hurt the team tonight...
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
Troll parade tonight. It's amazing to me how everyone focuses on Lamar and ignores who really hurt the team tonight...
You mean the guy who spiked LO's weed with LSD?
lakeshowhorizon.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Yah put 'em in the post and he'll foul out offensively in a couple nanoseconds. He has to understand that this is not a bull ring, this is a Basketball Court.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
You mean the guy who spiked LO's weed with LSD?

No he means Kobe because Kobe had an off-night :roll:
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar is being wasted in LA. Better off in a different system

B-Scott wrote:
How can anyone bash him for not being a 2nd option,when we never even attempt to post hm up. Never

We went to him 1 time in the 4th quarter on Battier. Results- Easy bucket. But we never went back to the 6-10 guy. Instead we relied on kobe's long range jump shots. 4th quarter Lakers never give Lamar post up oppurtunities. They got him playing 25 feet from the basket. Thats not his game.

Were leading by 9. Perfect time to take advantage of a 6-10 guy in the post. But we dont go to him 1 time in the post. Actually he got it once,and scored with ease.

Lamar would destroy Battier in the post if given a chance. Problem is in this role,he wil never get that chance. Lamar is better off in a system where they simply take advantage of matchups. The triangle requires you to figure things out on your own. Like Magic johnso said on TNT LAMAR needs post plays called for him. Similair to James worthy. Not figure it out o your own. We will call the play for you.

Lakers make things so difficult. There up by 9. They dont ppst up a 6-10 versatile guy 1 time. Dumb Lamar is averaging 13 points per game in this role. 2 yrs ago he averaged 18 in the low post. 20 2nd half of the season 2 yrs ago.

I could have sworn the subject line said Lamar gets Wasted in LA!
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject:

4 words: Ron Artest, Austin Croshere
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject:

He was wasted on the Clippers.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject:

We have to given the fact that Riley had a better Chemistry with Odom then Phil does.

i have a couple of Heat games from the 03-04 Season and i can tell you how much passion he played that year and how bad and effort-less he's been playing in the last 2 years as a Laker.

Pat Riley was the best fit for Odom.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject:

No mention of the complexities of the offense? No mention that it is known to take some time to truly learn the triangle offense? Some as many as a season. No mention of the many intricacies within the triangle offense?

Don't buy it? Get your read on and figure it out for yourself. It's degree of difficulty is well-documented.

Go LO! Go Lakers!!

Go Lakers!
C-BUS LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
Lamar might ride his chronic smoke out of town.

I totally agree. The Lakers are going to reret not trading him for Artest.

Hopefully he can start playing well again, and LA can move him for somebody in the off-season. Joe Johnson would be nice. He could initiate and hit a open shot. Atlanta would probably laugh at that though.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar is being wasted in LA. Better off in a different system

B-Scott wrote:

I just posted this in another thread, but this thread is better suited because I completely agree with your thoughts on Odom and how he'll find success after he is eventually traded.

Eventually, Odom will be traded because he’ll never flourish the way Phil Jackson is using him in the triangle offense. Not if, but once Odom is traded, Odom will return back to his “all star” status once he is put back into the post, as he was in Miami.

There is no doubt Odom will become an All Star on another team once he’s traded. And when it happens, Laker fans will blame Mitch for trading away an All Star even though Odom was forced into a bad situation with Jackson's offense.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

I'm going to say this one last time for you people. Read it carefully, let it sink in:

Lamar Odom, as the initiator of the triangle, CHOOSES where to score from. When he makes that first initial swing pass, he has the choice A) stand and wait for an open three or numerous swing passes or B) flash to the post. Odom CHOOSES to stand there. If he doesn't get the triangle, then it won't matter whether Phil plays him at PF or not.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

Kobe had an off night and our 2nd option scored 8 ???????????????

No way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
I'm going to say this one last time for you people. Read it carefully, let it sink in:

Lamar Odom, as the initiator of the triangle, CHOOSES where to score from. When he makes that first initial swing pass, he has the choice A) stand and wait for an open three or numerous swing passes or B) flash to the post. Odom CHOOSES to stand there. If he doesn't get the triangle, then it won't matter whether Phil plays him at PF or not.

Please explain how Odom has the option to flash into the post if Kobe is already in the post with a defender in his back pocket. Every time the Lakers setup in their offense, Kobe gets position in the post, Odom is at the 3-pt line with the ball and the other gaurd is dropping down into the corner behind the 3-pt line. Then Odom feeds the ball into the post for Kobe.

Every game, you can count on ONE hand the number of times that Odom sets up in the post, while Kobe is at the 3-pt line trying to feed the ball into the post for Odom. One hand.

The point of the thread is Odom does not have the ability to play the initiator for Jackson's triangle offense. After half a season, this is more than obvious to everyone but Phil. Kobe has five years of success as the initiator. Odom is an incredible passer out of the post and much better scorer with his back to the basket.

Therefore, it's time to switch Kobe back to the initiator and Odom back into the post. Otherwise, trade Odom for someone who can play the initiator position and give up a solid post player who also bangs the boards.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: