OH NO HERE COMES THE 'I HATE ODOM, TRADE ODOM, ODUMB' THREADS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: OH NO HERE COMES THE 'I HATE ODOM, TRADE ODOM, ODUMB' THREADS

I know Lamar made a bad play. But his shot wasn't that bad. He had an open shot until Pau slid over to block it. I could think of 10 other reasons they lost:

missed free-throw by Kobe
Horrible PG Defense
Bad Cook shot
Referee's eyes
Kwame missed an easy 3 point play chance
Kwame didn't jump to defend Pau
and others...

Cool down. Lamar is hurt, he is their leading assist and rebounder, and second leading scorer.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:

It was Brian Cook's horrible P&R defense and Cook's horrible shot that sealed the game for us - along with the refs wearing Memphis jerseys.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Cook was sitting the whole half. Yes he was slow on the rotation and the shot was off, but expecting him to come off the bench in the last minute of the game and be spot on is expecting too much from the guy.

It didn't help that the refs pinned him with 4 early fouls.

It was sickening to watch Memphis flop and fly all over the place looking to get calls. Which they did...
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

If I had a dollar for every I hate Lamar thread, I will be richer then Bill gates.
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Odom made a mistake but it was the right thing to do at that time, someone just blocked him pretty good,
referees didn't got him a foul call, it would have been a different story.
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Philostrator wrote:
Odom made a mistake but it was the right thing to do at that time, someone just blocked him pretty good,

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
daniel80111
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Philostrator wrote:

i think its called fundamentals and using your right hand to lay the ball up so it shields it from the defender...btw that was not a foul, maybe if it was in his right hand he would have drawn a foul.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Odom is a genius.

Feel better now?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

daniel80111 wrote:
Philostrator wrote:

i think its called fundamentals and using your right hand to lay the ball up so it shields it from the defender...btw that was not a foul, maybe if it was in his right hand he would have drawn a foul.

You must've missed the reports. Dude can't raise his right arm up. In that situation he would've a launched a Kwame-ish layup attempt up. Flying towards the board at about 65mph and banking to the opposite side of the court.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Yeah if Lamar had made the shot...All would hail Lamar now...BUT, It was VERY VERY VERY STUPID of Lamar & Cook not to run down the clock. VERY STUPID. All they had to do was hold the FFF** ball down. OMFG there was 20 secs left. Do the math man, 24 secs for each play....hmmm hold the ball, they will foul you.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm about ready to boycott the THE 'I HATE ODOM, TRADE ODOM, ODUMB' THREADS.

Odom is playing hurt with pain which limits his ability to shoot, rebound etc for the most part. I for one give him credit for going out there and doing the best that he can. It's got to be a little scary out there banging with the bigs knowing that you might take another jab to the ribs at any moment possibly causing even more of an injury.

Fact is we don't win many games without Odom, proven by our last road trip. Anytime a player goes out and plays hurt is deserving of a little support but of course this LG.net so what am I saying...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
I'm about ready to boycott the OH NO HERE COMES THE 'I HATE ODOM, TRADE ODOM, ODUMB' THREADS.

Odom is playing hurt with pain which limits his ability to shoot, rebound etc for the most part. I for one give him credit for going out there and doing the best that he can. It's got to be a little scary out there banging with the bigs knowing that you might take another jab to the ribs at any moment possibly causing even more of an injury.

Fact is we don't win many games without Odom, proven by our last road trip. Anytime a player goes out and plays hurt is deserving of a little support but of course the is LG.net so what am I saying...

I agree with you, but a child know to hold the ball with 20 seconds left. A Child KNOWS to do that. He is playing with pain, but is his brain in pain as well??
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
I'm about ready to boycott the OH NO HERE COMES THE 'I HATE ODOM, TRADE ODOM, ODUMB' THREADS.

Fact is we don't win many games without Odom, proven by our last road trip. Anytime a player goes out and plays hurt is deserving of a little support but of course the is LG.net so what am I saying...

I agree with you, but a child know to hold the ball with 20 seconds left. A Child KNOWS to do that. He is playing with pain, but is his brain in pain as well??

Your clock is off. You're thinking of the Sac game. Tonight's game was a different situation. Yes Cook had an open look, but with too much time on the clock. Lamar had an open layup, but they were up 2 with a lot of time still on the clock. Give credit to Memphis for closing up that lane in a hurry and getting the stop.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject:

^ Exactly right, when I saw K8KillerInstinct's post I thought right away that this was just not the case.

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
Quote:

but a child know to hold the ball with 20 seconds left. A Child KNOWS to do that. He is playing with pain, but is his brain in pain as well??

So I checked and this is what transpired:

Brown tied a season high with 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds before fouling out with 53 seconds to go. Gasol sank both free throws, then blocked a shot by Odom at the other end and tied the score at 99 on a layup with 29 seconds left.

It was much closer to around 40-45 seconds on the clock when Odom drove to the basket.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
^ Exactly right, when I saw K8KillerInstinct's post I thought right away that this was just not the case.

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
Quote:

but a child know to hold the ball with 20 seconds left. A Child KNOWS to do that. He is playing with pain, but is his brain in pain as well??

So I checked and this is what transpired:

Brown tied a season high with 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds before fouling out with 53 seconds to go. Gasol sank both free throws, then blocked a shot by Odom at the other end and tied the score at 99 on a layup with 29 seconds left.

It was much closer to around 40-45 seconds on the clock when Odom drove to the basket.

Hey according to LO haters, he shot that with 20 seconds on the game clock with us up by 2, instead of running out the clock. Then in a miracle span of 3 seconds, Memphis was able to tie the game, go ahead by 1 and Cook was still able to miss his shot with 13 seconds on the clock.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
OH NO HERE COMES THE 'I HATE ODOM, TRADE ODOM, ODUMB' THREADS

Oh no here come the shameless CAPSLOCK TITLES
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:

Fact is we don't win many games without Odom, proven by our last road trip. Anytime a player goes out and plays hurt is deserving of a little support but of course this LG.net so what am I saying...

well said...lamar played pretty well...had 30 bad sec, but good to see him take some shots in the clutch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Fact is we don't win many games without Odom

How is that a fact? your actting like we win alot more games with Lamar then we lose games without Lamar.

THE FACT IS, we still lose with Lamar or without Lamar.

It doesn't change the concept of the team because at the end of the day the W's only matter and as far as i'm concern

We have a mediocre record of 25-25 and those 23 loses we had was with Odom playing.

Last edited by DaggerInTheHeart on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Fact is we don't win many games without Odom

How is that a fact? your actting like we win alot more games with Lamar then we lose games without Lamar.

THE FACT IS, we still with Lamar or without Lamar.

It doesn't change the concept of the team because at the end of the day the W's only matter and as far as i'm concern

We have a mediocre record of 25-25.

Yes, that's the reality of our team. I'm surprised people are still surprised when we lose close games.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:

Everyone knows the reality of this team, we have been making the same mistakes all season long.

Bad shots at the end of the game.

Bad plays ala Lamar rushing things when he could hold the ball and let the clock run

Every Objective fan will know this is who we are we don't learn from our mistakes because we love making them just like this Laker team.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:

If you were only a mod.

Last edited by KBandKB on Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

I think it's amusing that someone has taken the time to start yet another 'LO Haters Suck' thread. There's just as many of these threads as there are LO Bashing threads. Pretty funny. Kinda defeats the purpose if you think about it.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

I blame the loss on Cook's horrible defense when he replaced Kwame. That and the horrible use of the shot clock, yet again.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

How can U guys blame Odom ? The guy was our secon leading scorer withn a grand total of 8 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
daniel80111 wrote:
Philostrator wrote:

You must've missed the reports. Dude can't raise his right arm up. In that situation he would've a launched a Kwame-ish layup attempt up. Flying towards the board at about 65mph and banking to the opposite side of the court.

Well, we've seen enough of LO when he wasn't hurt to assume he probably wouldn't have used his right-hand anyway. It's too bad he hurt his right shoulder because he looked like he was trying to go his right a bit more before he got injured. He's back to being overly dependent on his left, only now he has an excuse not to develop his right.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: